PDA

View Full Version : Wenger quotes from Oz press conference...

Tony C
07-11-2017, 07:48 AM
Wenger was asked about Lemar and Mbappe

Said Lemar is a player he likes but would not be drawn into it further, said nothing concrete yet.
Said Mbappe has the choice of any top club in europe, and that Arsenal were one of them.
On Sanchez

Asked if he still insists on not selling Alexis to a rival, "Yes, that’s the continuity from what I said. Yes, that’s what we’ll do."
On New Additions

"We play football based on movement - I believe both can integrate well into the team.
I believe they are great additions to the team. This is a good opportunity to get a first look at them."
Alexandre Lacazette will make debut on Thursday according to Wenger and will also play on Saturday

redgunamo
07-11-2017, 08:34 AM
Wenger was asked about Lemar and Mbappe

Said Lemar is a player he likes but would not be drawn into it further, said nothing concrete yet.
Said Mbappe has the choice of any top club in europe, and that Arsenal were one of them.
On Sanchez

Asked if he still insists on not selling Alexis to a rival, "Yes, that’s the continuity from what I said. Yes, that’s what we’ll do."
On New Additions

"We play football based on movement - I believe both can integrate well into the team.
I believe they are great additions to the team. This is a good opportunity to get a first look at them."
Alexandre Lacazette will make debut on Thursday according to Wenger and will also play on Saturday

On Alexis; before, we could always say we needed the cash but now? :rubchin:

SWv2
07-11-2017, 08:36 AM

A football club always *needs* £50m.

Pokster
07-11-2017, 08:37 AM

you could say we will lose £50m if we keep him...BUT, he hasn't asked for a tfr so would get 10% of that fee... IF we paid him £300k a week it would cost us an extra £7-10m a year compared to what he is on now.... so in effect we won't lose as much money as people make out

SWv2
07-11-2017, 08:39 AM
you could say we will lose £50m if we keep him...BUT, he hasn't asked for a tfr so would get 10% of that fee... IF we paid him £300k a week it would cost us an extra £7-10m a year compared to what he is on now.... so in effect we won't lose as much money as people make out

£7m is the maximum by which a club can increase it's wage bill, some new rules.

Now it's obviously all nett and there will be departures to counter some of this but equally there is new salaries in place and other player wage rises to take into account.

In summary, sell.

redgunamo
07-11-2017, 08:43 AM

Yeah, I suppose we all know how this story ends by now. But will merely swapping one fifty million pound player for another satisfy everyone this time, do you reckon?

SWv2
07-11-2017, 08:45 AM
Yeah, I suppose we all know how this story ends by now. But will merely swapping one fifty million pound player for another satisfy everyone this time, do you reckon?

Sanchez out, use the money to try and force Monaco's hand on Lemar who is reported as the one AW really wants. Lemar and Lacazette in, arguably strengthened from last year.

Keep Mezut obviously.

Losing him for free is just not an option.

redgunamo
07-11-2017, 08:46 AM

Excellent point. And the manager does seem to want to keep him. But then, He would say that, wouldn't He :-\

redgunamo
07-11-2017, 08:47 AM
Sanchez out, use the money to try and force Monaco's hand on Lemar who is reported as the one AW really wants. Lemar and Lacazette in, arguably strengthened from last year.

Keep Mezut obviously.

Right. Whatever it is, so long as it doesn't appear to be penny pinching #SSFM

Ash
07-11-2017, 12:08 PM

Unless they can just dig another 50m out of the ground. :citeh:

redgunamo
07-11-2017, 12:31 PM
Unless they can just dig another 50m out of the ground. :citeh:

Or their own supporters :-\

Mo Britain less Europe
07-11-2017, 12:45 PM
The wage cap is precisely why we need our super-efficient Dick to get his finger out and start offloading players who aren't needed.

The Rob2
07-11-2017, 12:58 PM

Keep Mezut obviously.

are you qualified to demand we get rid of our best player for Lemar?

Have you studied Lemar or have you just heard us linked with him/seen his football manager stats? Please do tell us how he matches up to Sanchez

SWv2
07-11-2017, 01:04 PM
are you qualified to demand we get rid of our best player for Lemar?

Have you studied Lemar or have you just heard us linked with him/seen his football manager stats? Please do tell us how he matches up to Sanchez

Of course I am qualified. I manage an U10 team. Played 14, W14, D0, L0.

I've seen Lemar play quite often as it goes. Is he as good as Sanchez? Does he match up to Sanchez? I don't believe I said that, in fact I don't believe I have ever said that.

What I suggested is that losing 1 and replacing with 2 good players could perhaps see the overall impact on the side being one of improvement. The additions of creativity and goals from a left sided position plus goals from a new striker.

Of course it may not. Such is football.

p.s. I didn't demand anything either.