PDA

View Full Version : Now I'm not fan of sacking people for injudicious language, but a tory MP has been

Burney
07-10-2017, 02:26 PM
recorded using the phrase 'n*gger in the woodpile'.

Seriously, how stupid do you have to be to use that phrase publicly in 2017?

Ash
07-10-2017, 02:30 PM

Reminds me of a bloke I know who referred to the Pakistan cricket team as "Those cheating P*kis" on Facebook.

Ganpati's Goonerz--AFC's Aboriginal Fertility Cult
07-10-2017, 02:55 PM
Reminds me of a bloke I know who referred to the Pakistan cricket team as "Those cheating P*kis" on Facebook.

On the Times of India, they talk about Porkis from Porkistan all the time. And get called cow-piss drinkers for their troubles.

Pat Vegas
07-10-2017, 03:21 PM

:hehe: But you can say TURKS? POLS, etc
Everyone so scared of accidently saying it they even pronounce Pakistan with an R just in case.

PSRB
07-10-2017, 03:37 PM

I'm sure I read or heard somewhere that Australians use the P word all the time when discussing anyone from Pakistan and it's not frowned upon

Luis Anaconda
07-10-2017, 03:44 PM
Everyone so scared of accidently saying it they even pronounce Pakistan with an R just in case.

Used to be a nightmare working on a desktop-publishing system publishing system that was programmed to split Pakistan after the "i" in justified text. Also one used to slip through

IUFG
07-10-2017, 03:47 PM
I'm sure I read or heard somewhere that Australians use the P word all the time when discussing anyone from Pakistan and it's not frowned upon

indeed, Aussies:shortening:

redgunamo
07-10-2017, 03:51 PM

Brits are the worst though, in fairness.

Burney
07-10-2017, 03:52 PM
Used to be a nightmare working on a desktop-publishing system publishing system that was programmed to split Pakistan after the "i" in justified text. Also one used to slip through

*****tone was a tricky one.

Ash
07-10-2017, 03:56 PM
indeed, Aussies:shortening:

Yes, but these other shortenings have probably not so often have been yelled as a furious racial pejorative just prior to someone's head getting concaved.

USians can't understand the sensitivity of the word either.

redgunamo
07-10-2017, 04:11 PM
Yes, but these other shortenings have probably not so often have been yelled as a furious racial pejorative just prior to someone's head getting concaved.

USians can't understand the sensitivity of the word either.

Oh, I bet they have.

Tony C
07-10-2017, 04:42 PM
What was she smoking?

7sisters
07-10-2017, 07:59 PM

We had a maths teacher who used to use that phrase all the time when cancelling down equations. As in, Right.. that's eliminated the niggers in the woodpile. :yikes:

Brentwood
07-11-2017, 08:20 AM

Good old Hermes

redgunamo
07-11-2017, 08:31 AM
What was she smoking?

BBC, T. Everyone knows what her sort is like ;-)

redgunamo
07-11-2017, 08:32 AM
We had a maths teacher who used to use that phrase all the time when cancelling down equations. As in, Right.. that's eliminated the niggers in the woodpile. :yikes:

I've never actually heard of the phrase before, and am still rather confounded as to what it may mean :shrug:

SWv2
07-11-2017, 08:43 AM
I've never actually heard of the phrase before, and am still rather confounded as to what it may mean :shrug:

I don't get it either R.

Luis Anaconda
07-11-2017, 08:50 AM
Good old Hermes

that's the beauty - mind you German indesign just chops up words any old fashion. I almost miss Hermes

eastgermanautos
07-11-2017, 01:09 PM

I called them sand n*ggers and nothing bad happened to me.