PDA

View Full Version : Bumped into a neighbour on Friday….

Monty92
07-10-2017, 08:47 AM

(Sorry about the vest. There's never a good reason for dressing like a ****, but I’d just been at the leisure centre with the kids.)

Sir C
07-10-2017, 08:49 AM

(Sorry about the vest. There's never a good reason for dressing like a ****, but I’d just been at the leisure centre with the kids.)

That bouffant must take some blow-drying m. Your commitment to channelling Barry Manilow's hairdo is commendable.

Pokster
07-10-2017, 08:50 AM

why is he staring vacantly into the distance?

Don't worry about dressing like a ****, fits in with your personality :thumbup:

Monty92
07-10-2017, 08:51 AM
That bouffant must take some blow-drying m. Your commitment to channelling Barry Manilow's hairdo is commendable.

It does tend to turn into a bit of a Jew-fro after swimming :-(

Though I would still argue that I have less offensive hair than Mesut.

redgunamo
07-10-2017, 08:52 AM

Well, I think he looks very nice. After all, there's a little of Barry Manilow in us all, is there not.

wd, M, imo.

Ash
07-10-2017, 08:53 AM
why is he staring vacantly into the distance?

He's thinking "Mohammed Wept! This is the last straw. This club has such cretinous scum for fans I must leave it immediately."

Monty92
07-10-2017, 08:56 AM
He's thinking "Mohammed Wept! This is the last straw. This club has such cretinous scum for fans I must leave it immediately."

Didn't mention I was a Gooner. Just told him I lived a few doors down and that he should pop round if he ever needs to borrow some sugar or a power tool.*

*Didn't really do this

Sir C
07-10-2017, 08:57 AM
It does tend to turn into a bit of a Jew-fro after swimming :-(

Though I would still argue that I have less offensive hair than Mesut.

What did you say to get him to agree to posing thusly? Didn't you feel awfully guilty about bothering him?

I was standing outside a theatre having a fag at the interval recently when I noticed Charles Dance lighting up next to me; immediately realising that he had noticed me notice him, I looked away so as not to intrude on his smoke. Finishing my fag, I turned to enter the foyer and he gave me a warm smile as if to say, 'thank you'. The point of this anecdote is to let you know that Charles Dance is my best mate.

SWv2
07-10-2017, 09:03 AM

Are you 12 years old?

Monty92
07-10-2017, 09:03 AM
What did you say to get him to agree to posing thusly? Didn't you feel awfully guilty about bothering him?

I was standing outside a theatre having a fag at the interval recently when I noticed Charles Dance lighting up next to me; immediately realising that he had noticed me notice him, I looked away so as not to intrude on his smoke. Finishing my fag, I turned to enter the foyer and he gave me a warm smile as if to say, 'thank you'. The point of this anecdote is to let you know that Charles Dance is my best mate.

He was walking along the street with his missus, a few metres from his house. I drove past with the kids, swung the car over and jumped out. Approached him from behind and asked in my most polite non obsessive fan-boy voice if it would be possible to get a very quick picture.

He looked briefly as if he might tell me to fúck off but then agreed. I asked if he was staying and he said "we'll see", laughed and sent me on my way with a cheerful wave.

It was a good-natured interaction.

I'd kill my first-born for 3 minutes alone with his missus :-(

Sir C
07-10-2017, 09:06 AM
Are you 12 years old?

The only time I've seen a beard like that on a 12 year old was a Syrian refugee. :nod:

Sir C
07-10-2017, 09:07 AM
He was walking along the street with his missus, a few metres from his house. I drove past with the kids, swung the car over and jumped out. Approached him from behind and asked in my most polite non obsessive fan-boy voice if it would be possible to get a very quick picture.

He looked briefly as if he might tell me to fúck off but then agreed. I asked if he was staying and he said "we'll see", laughed and sent me on my way with a cheerful wave.

Christ. People talk of £200,000 a week as a lot of money, but imagine being unable to walk down the street with your woman without grown men stopping their cars to bother you :-(

Peter
07-10-2017, 09:08 AM

I know it is incredibly childish but I did giggle when I read "approached him from behind" ;)

Anyway.....I notice you have a beard

Peter
07-10-2017, 09:10 AM
Christ. People talk of £200,000 a week as a lot of money, but imagine being unable to walk down the street with your woman without grown men stopping their cars to bother you :-(

Yeah....it would be pure hell. No wonder so few young men want to become top flight footballers.

Viva Prat Vegas
07-10-2017, 09:12 AM

Cescy eyes

Monty92
07-10-2017, 09:12 AM

I know, I tend not to bother famous types for this very reason, but was under certain obligations to get a photo on this occasion. I'll certainly leave him alone should I see him again.

Sir C
07-10-2017, 09:14 AM
I know, I tend not to bother famous types for this very reason, but was under certain obligations to get a photo on this occasion. I'll certainly leave him alone should I see him again.

How was his English, would you say, in your brief experience? Halting? Comfortable? My point is, has the lazy swine learnt the language? :sanchez:

redgunamo
07-10-2017, 09:16 AM

That's what the £200,000 is for, I think. Nobody minds it then.

SWv2
07-10-2017, 09:18 AM

I think the Hebrew heemasex should be throroughly ashamed of himself but I have no doubt this enforced image of bonhomie was shared on various social media platforms.

The bloke is out for a walk, maybe going for a few afternoon liveners, and gets accosted by a bloke in a vest.

Viva Prat Vegas
07-10-2017, 09:21 AM
I think the Hebrew heemasex should be throroughly ashamed of himself but I have no doubt this enforced image of bonhomie was shared on various social media platforms.

The bloke is out for a walk, maybe going for a few afternoon liveners, and gets accosted by a bloke in a vest.

The straight line brushed chest hair concerns me

barrybueno
07-10-2017, 11:09 AM

ooh I say M, had no idea you look like Andy Garcia :swoon:

Alberto Balsam Rodriguez
07-10-2017, 11:19 AM

Are you Photoshopping for added attention seeking?

Pat Vegas
07-10-2017, 11:24 AM

:-) Excellent monty. and I'm not even taking the piss.

Burney
07-10-2017, 11:27 AM
:-) Excellent monty. and I'm not even taking the piss.

I do find the pulling over and chasing after him thing a bit weird, to be honest.

Anyway, I spoke to Sir Geoffrey Boycott on Saturday, so this is frankly a bit meaningless.

IUFG
07-10-2017, 11:29 AM
Anyway, I spoke to Sir Geoffrey Boycott on Saturday, so this is frankly a bit meaningless.

Did he put you right? About your life and everything...

Luis Anaconda
07-10-2017, 11:32 AM
I do find the pulling over and chasing after him thing a bit weird, to be honest.

What did you say?

Burney
07-10-2017, 01:01 PM
What did you say?

He said "Excuse me" as he was rushing to get to his commentary and pushed past me. I blurted out "Sir Geoffrey!" like a mong and he laughed and said "I'm not holding me breath, lad!"

Banter. :nod:

Luis Anaconda
07-10-2017, 01:47 PM
He said "Excuse me" as he was rushing to get to his commentary and pushed past me. I blurted out "Sir Geoffrey!" like a mong and he laughed and said "I'm not holding me breath, lad!"

:hehe: nice

redgunamo
07-10-2017, 02:20 PM

That's terrific!

Burney
07-10-2017, 02:21 PM
That's terrific!

To be addressed at the age of 44 as 'lad' is fairly pleasing also.

AFC East
07-10-2017, 05:44 PM

This is acceptable on one condition. He asked you for the picture. (I'm assuming you're the bloke on the right as we look).

AFC East
07-10-2017, 05:47 PM

Ignore my previous comment (you probably did anyway). You're clearly an utter deviant Why would you go and ask a stranger for a selfie?

He's probably worried that you'll break in for 3 minutes alone with him.

7sisters
07-10-2017, 08:05 PM

Very Tom Selleck 70's retro look there m. Did you opt to leave the medallion in the Capri ?