PDA

View Full Version : I turned 17 in the spring of 1982. That year, my girlfriend's family

Sir C
07-07-2017, 01:50 PM
took a cottage at Herne Bay for the whole summer. She went to live there for the summer holidays, with her parents visiting at weekends, so during the week we shacked up and played mummies and daddies. It was a glorious summer; we lay together in the post-coital glow listening to the waves break on the pebble beach outside accompanied by Irene Cara (on cassette, naturally.)

How can Herne Bay and the soundtrack from the Kids From Fame evoke such romantic memories? :sigh:

Oh youth! Youth! Why must your memory mock and torture us?

Do you have any romantic memories involving odd places, dubious music or fat ugly women?

Pat Vegas
07-07-2017, 01:56 PM
took a cottage at Herne Bay for the whole summer. She went to live there for the summer holidays, with her parents visiting at weekends, so during the week we shacked up and played mummies and daddies. It was a glorious summer; we lay together in the post-coital glow listening to the waves break on the pebble beach outside accompanied by Irene Cara (on cassette, naturally.)

How can Herne Bay and the soundtrack from the Kids From Fame evoke such romantic memories? :sigh:

Do you have any romantic memories involving odd places, dubious music or fat ugly women?

Have you ever been to Herne Bay recently?
There is nothing left.

Herbette Chapman - aged 15
07-07-2017, 01:56 PM
Yer mum ...(thanks for the tap in )

Sir C
07-07-2017, 02:00 PM
Have you ever been to Herne Bay recently?
There is nothing left.

I have not. What do you mean, there is nothing left? (There wasn't all that much there to start with).

Sir C
07-07-2017, 02:01 PM
Yer mum ...(thanks for the tap in )

You've never seen a real naked ladygirl, have you h?

It's nice. You'd like it.

07-07-2017, 02:02 PM
The great Herne Bay Tsunami of '82!

I expect you were too busy feverishly rimming that girl to notice.

Pat Vegas
07-07-2017, 02:03 PM
I have not. What do you mean, there is nothing left? (There wasn't all that much there to start with).

There are hardly any shops.

As you say not much there but there really isn't much left.

I also used to go there when I was 17. There was an ace computer game shop and a sort of 2nd hand type place.
Woolworths etc.

Sir C
07-07-2017, 02:03 PM
The great Herne Bay Tsunami of '82!

I expect you were too busy feverishly rimming that girl to notice.

She had great big floppy cheerful titties, h. That much I do remember.

Sir C
07-07-2017, 02:04 PM
There are hardly any shops.

As you say not much there but there really isn't much left.

I also used to go there when I was 17. There was an ace computer game shop and a sort of 2nd hand type place.
Woolworths etc.

You used to go there when you were 17 as well? That's amazing, f! We might have bumped into each other!

Small world indeed.

redgunamo
07-07-2017, 02:05 PM

September '92, Santander. Nigel Clough :love:

David White was the fat, ugly bird. Horrid.

Pat Vegas
07-07-2017, 02:05 PM
You used to go there when you were 17 as well? That's amazing, f! We might have bumped into each other!

Small world indeed.

I am not good at maths though it's quite possible.
although I was born in 1982 :sherlock: :daddy: :hug:

07-07-2017, 02:07 PM
Odd isn't it C. There is a certain kind of rack on a woman that can only be referred to as "titties". Some women have tits, some have boobs, some have top b0llocks but when you see a pair of titties you knows dey's titties

Sir C
07-07-2017, 02:08 PM
September '92, Santander. Nigel Clough :love:

David White was the fat, ugly bird. Horrid.

You paint quite the vivid picture, r.

Peter
07-07-2017, 02:10 PM

In the summer of 1990 I was seeing a lovely young lady from Hadley Wood. ****ing loaded she was and her parents would swan around Italy for weeks at a time over the summer leaving a huge house empty.

I can remember driving her father’s MG, taking some horribly strong acid and listening to a lot of Leonard Cohen.

Similar story to yours but with much better music.

I think that was also the first and last time I tried a pizza with chicken on it.

Sir C
07-07-2017, 02:10 PM
Odd isn't it C. There is a certain kind of rack on a woman that can only be referred to as "titties". Some women have tits, some have boobs, some have top b0llocks but when you see a pair of titties you knows dey's titties

:nod: These had a certain satisfying heft to them. At the time I was somewhat disappointed by their tendency to face point downwards, and for years after favoured the pert, firm boob, but in retrospect I can appreciate how lucky I was to learn to deal with such fun bags at such a young age.

Sir C
07-07-2017, 02:12 PM
In the summer of 1990 I was seeing a lovely young lady from Hadley Wood. ****ing loaded she was and her parents would swan around Italy for weeks at a time over the summer leaving a huge house empty.

I can remember driving her father’s MG, taking some horribly strong acid and listening to a lot of Leonard Cohen.

Similar story to yours but with much better music.

I think that was also the first and last time I tried a pizza with chicken on it.

That's beautiful p. Although I'm worried that Leonard put a massive fúcking downer on the whole experience.

It was an MG Metro, wasn't it? :-(

Burney
07-07-2017, 02:13 PM

A sunny day, a girl named Paula, Knaresborough, a rowing boat and a flotilla of Morris Men. The soundtrack was The Stone Roses. We dropped acid later.

Pat Vegas
07-07-2017, 02:13 PM

I won't go into details but I sealed the deal during the countdown of New years eve 1999

Burney
07-07-2017, 02:14 PM
I won't go into details but I sealed the deal during the countdown of New years eve 1999

What? Between the countdown starting and finishing? That's impressively quick work. f. But you were young, I suppose.

Pokster
07-07-2017, 02:15 PM

Small world indeed.

pv had great big floppy tits then

Pendulousity C. That's teh characteristic we require. great big pendulous, swinging titties like Nigella's

oh Nigella, sweet Nigella,
My head spins like a propeller
Dreaming of your titties naked and unfurled.
They come in the room before ya
They're the reason I adore ya
They're the finest Bristol Citys in the world

SWv2
A sunny day, a girl named Paula, Knaresborough, a rowing boat and a flotilla of Morris Men. The soundtrack was The Stone Roses. We dropped acid later.

Always a splended idea at the time.

And then a shít idea about 45 minutes later.

Burney
07-07-2017, 02:16 PM
pv had great big floppy tits then

Patrick Vieira?

Pat Vegas
07-07-2017, 02:16 PM
:hehe: I was 17.
that number keeps coming up and was in Glasgow and went out with this girl for a few days sightseeing we had a stroll about then went to the B&B then went out again after it was new years. it was weird with all these scots people shaking my hands and wishing me a happy new year. my London ways didn't like it.

Pokster
07-07-2017, 02:17 PM

Knaresborough!!!! How dare you deface my lovely town.... 1982 Girl called Carol, sitting in a shed by the river in Knaresborough...sigh

Sir C

All that's missing is a book of poetry stained with the butter drips from crumpets.

Ah, Paula from Knaresborough. I once boned a chick from Yorkshire. I met her in a bar through a mutual acquaintance. I knew she was the girl for me that night because she was wearing a smock with stains down the front, and when I asked if she wanted a drink she replied, "Aye, I'll 'ave a pint o' bitter but first Ah need a slash." :love:

The Insider
I grew up (or, in reality, failed to) on the Isle of Wight and was also 17 in the Summer of '82. All summers were very similar.

Strange encounters in strange places with strange grockles. All the music was ****e in the 80s.

Pokster
07-07-2017, 02:19 PM

I know, the blisters after rowing those boats in Knaresborough was never good

Sir C
07-07-2017, 02:19 PM
Pendulousity C. That's teh characteristic we require. great big pendulous, swinging titties like Nigella's

oh Nigella, sweet Nigella,
My head spins like a propeller
Dreaming of your titties naked and unfurled.
They come in the room before ya
They're the reason I adore ya
They're the finest Bristol Citys in the world

Yes. Except for that Greek bird who had perfect pendulosity but coarse hairs growing from the areolae. They were like strands of wire wool. :-(

Burney
07-07-2017, 02:20 PM

No, it was one of those really good, colour-laden ones. I mean we were obviously still awake and talking shïte at 4am, but we didn't have to be anywhere and we had the place to ourselves.

redgunamo
I grew up (or, in reality, failed to) on the Isle of Wight and was also 17 in the Summer of '82. All summers were very similar.

Strange encounters in strange places with strange grockles. All the music was ****e in the 80s.

My word! What music do you like then?

Pokster
All that's missing is a book of poetry stained with the butter drips from crumpets.

Ah, Paula from Knaresborough. I once boned a chick from Yorkshire. I met her in a bar through a mutual acquaintance. I knew she was the girl for me that night because she was wearing a smock with stains down the front, and when I asked if she wanted a drink she replied, "Aye, I'll 'ave a pint o' bitter but first Ah need a slash." :love:

You are my dad and I want all my brthday presents you never gave me :cry:

Pat Vegas

:hehe: I met a girl in York, then she said we are going to the pub later. I went to the pub oh by the way this is my boyfriend. he looked furious the whole time. It was one of those pubs that has a carpark to set the scene.

She then made him give me a lift back to the hotel. he then drove her back home and waited outside her house to prevent her from sneaking back to the hotel to see me.

Sir C

You are forgetting Spandau Ballet, of course.

Pat Vegas
07-07-2017, 02:21 PM
Yes. Except for that Greek bird who had perfect pendulosity but coarse hairs growing from the areolae. They were like strands of wire wool. :-(

Those hairs were not there. Somebody edited her tits.

Burney
07-07-2017, 02:21 PM

She wasn't from Knaresborough. She was from Ipswich and going out with someone else at Leeds, hence our need to escape to Knaresborough to have a proper dirty weekend.

Burney
07-07-2017, 02:22 PM

I initially read that as 'arsehole', which made it even more disturbing if anything.

Sir C
07-07-2017, 02:24 PM
Patrick Vieira?

He is carrying a bit of timber now tbh. He might be sporting mantits.

Pokster
07-07-2017, 02:24 PM
She wasn't from Knaresborough. She was from Ipswich and going out with someone else at Leeds, hence our need to escape to Knaresborough to have a proper dirty weekend.

Not the natural choice of places to escape to.....

Peter
07-07-2017, 02:25 PM
That's beautiful p. Although I'm worried that Leonard put a massive fúcking downer on the whole experience.

It was an MG Metro, wasn't it? :-(

Any man that can listen to Dance Me To The End of Love and not feel uplifted has a ****ing problem. It is probably the most joyous and hope-filled song ever written about the holocaust.

It was a very small, sporty kind of thing in green. Remarkably slow and uncomfortable.

Sir C
07-07-2017, 02:26 PM
I initially read that as 'arsehole', which made it even more disturbing if anything.

Note that it refers to a 'Greek bird', b. The coarse hairs were certainly not confined to the chesticles.

Burney
07-07-2017, 02:29 PM
Not the natural choice of places to escape to.....

Her mate's parents' place was there. :shrug: Never went into Mother Shipton's Cave. Thought about it, but then remembered it was owned by Paul Daniels.

Pokster
07-07-2017, 02:32 PM
Her mate's parents' place was there. :shrug: Never went into Mother Shipton's Cave. Thought about it, but then remembered it was owned by Paul Daniels.

He soon got rid of it when the council wouldn't let him build a huge cafe by the river..... allegedly the oldest tourist atraction in the UK

SWv2
07-07-2017, 02:41 PM
He is carrying a bit of timber now tbh. He might be sporting mantits.

Slow down now soldier, John 8:7 is all I have to say.

Sir C
07-07-2017, 02:43 PM
Slow down now soldier, John 8:7 is all I have to say.

I am like an anorexic racing snake, sw.

SWv2
07-07-2017, 02:44 PM
I am like an anorexic racing snake, sw.

Racer snake.

Sir C
07-07-2017, 02:51 PM
Racer snake.

Bosnian fullback?

Ash
07-07-2017, 03:01 PM

I was 24 or 25, on the 23rd of June at the Rosthwaite campsite in Borrowdale. She was a scouser, very beautiful, and very sexifull. I had split up with my long-term girlfriend and was ready for a new romantic encounter. I had cast a spell of lurve at Castlerigg Stone circle a few hours before I saw her and knew that she was for me. I put my tent up in record super-efficient time and she was well-impressed. Nice stuff subsequently happened in her caravan.

The soundtrack was Pink Floyd (Dark Side, Meddle, Animals) and the drugs were hashish and acid.

The relationship ended some months later after one of her other boyfriends (I didn't know that she collected them without telling any of us this), who was a squaddie, was trying to hammer down the door of her flat to get to us.

Ash
07-07-2017, 03:03 PM
Bosnian fullback?

Albanian, I think.

http://www.balkaninsight.com/en/article/hashim-thaci-from-snake-to-prime-minister

Burney
07-07-2017, 03:03 PM
I was 24 or 25, on the 23rd of June at the Rosthwaite campsite in Borrowdale. She was a scouser, very beautiful, and very sexifull. I had split up with my long-term girlfriend and was ready for a new romantic encounter. I had cast a spell of lurve at Castlerigg Stone circle a few hours before I saw her and knew that she was for me. I put my tent up in record super-efficient time and she was well-impressed. Nice stuff subsequently happened in her caravan.

The soundtrack was Pink Floyd (Dark Side, Meddle, Animals) and the drugs were hashish and acid.

The relationship ended some months later after one of her other boyfriends (I didn't know that she collected them without telling any of us this), who was a squaddie, was trying to hammer down the door of her flat to get to us.

I trod in dogshït the only time I went to Castlerigg. I won't pretend it didn't somewhat puncture the mystique and romance of the place.

Sir C
07-07-2017, 03:07 PM

This has brought a tear to my eye, a.

Just one question. I do not wish to be indelicate, but, being unfamiliar with camping, I have concerns about, shall we say, genital freshness.

Was there genital freshness, a?

Burney
07-07-2017, 03:11 PM

Just one question. I do not wish to be indelicate, but, being unfamiliar with camping, I have concerns about, shall we say, genital freshness.

Are you asking a if he had a cheesy knob? :-(

Sir C
07-07-2017, 03:12 PM
Are you asking a if he had a cheesy knob? :-(

Must you always make everything crude and vulgar? I was trying to be sensitive.

Anyway, I wanted to know about his knob and her flange.

SWv2
07-07-2017, 03:13 PM

I rode the fattest chick ever the night we beat Sheffield Wednesday in the first cup final in 93. I don't wish to be rude or size-ist but she was hideous and about the size of about 2 people but any port in a storm and all that. Naturally with the celebrations and the day out at Wembley I was very drunk.

Anyhow waking on the Monday morning and firstly realising what I had done, and then realising I was going to be late for work I panicked somewhat however she offered to drop me home, Stroud Green Road to Wightman Road.

Just as we pulled up all my housemates walked out on their own way to work and my deed was noted, my reputation in tatters.

Sir C
07-07-2017, 03:15 PM
I rode the fattest chick ever the night we beat Sheffield Wednesday in the first cup final in 93. I don't wish to be rude or size-ist but she was hideous and about the size of about 2 people but any port in a storm and all that. Naturally with the celebrations and the day out at Wembley I was very drunk.

Anyhow waking on the Monday morning and firstly realising what I had done, and then realising I was going to be late for work I panicked somewhat however she offered to drop me home, Stroud Green Road to Wightman Road.

Just as we pulled up all my housemates walked out on their own way to work and my deed was noted, my reputation in tatters.

Now this is romance, sw.

I've never really had an issue with fat chicks, except for the one I tried to cuddle and realised my hands wouldn't meet round the back, such was her girth.

I made my excuses and left.

Ash
07-07-2017, 03:16 PM

There were showers on the campsite. Generally speaking the genitals were fresher than her mouth, as she used to kiss her dog. :-(

Sir C
07-07-2017, 03:18 PM
There were showers on the campsite. Generally speaking the genitals were fresher than her mouth, as she used to kiss her dog. :-(

Now we get to the good ****. It's taken until 4:15 to get to the kinky stuff :rubshands:

Burney
07-07-2017, 03:20 PM

Is 'Kiss her dog' a euphemism for something?

SWv2
07-07-2017, 03:20 PM
Now this is romance, sw.

I've never really had an issue with fat chicks, except for the one I tried to cuddle and realised my hands wouldn't meet round the back, such was her girth.

I probably saved myself a taxi fare home.

Shrewd you see.

Burney
07-07-2017, 03:21 PM
Now this is romance, sw.

I once got one down to her bra and knickers in the middle of a party. At one point, I thought she was going to let me do the deed right there on the carpet while everyone stood around and cheered. I was secretly quite grateful she didn't.

Ash
07-07-2017, 03:22 PM
Is 'Kiss her dog' a euphemism for something?

Sounds like it, I know, but it is quite literal. By the end of it all it was apparent that she preferred her dog to me. Or any of her other boyfriends she had on the go. Which is fair enough, I suppose, but she did smell somewhat of her pooch. That isn't a euphemism either.

The Insider
07-07-2017, 08:45 PM
You are forgetting Spandau Ballet, of course.

Preening ****s. Excepting the tail end of punk/new wave and Talking Heads. The whole decade was devoid. The Eighties music...*******s