PDA

View Full Version : So our diva wants four hundred thousand of our saxon pounds each week.

Ash
07-07-2017, 12:14 PM
Bayern Munich say "he ain't worf it" apparently, but then they have other good players so don't need him as much.

What say you?

1. Worth every penny. Pay £75m in wages over four years, and agree to every other top players demands too.
2. Keep him for one year. He may change his mind when we win the league.
3. Sell for £50m and reinvest. I'll drive him to Manchester myself.

Rich
07-07-2017, 12:18 PM
Bayern Munich say "he ain't worf it" apparently, but then they have other good players so don't need him as much.

What say you?

1. Worth every penny. Pay £75m in wages over four years, and agree to every other top players demands too.

Apparently he has already signed at £180k per week. Ozil too...

But to answer your question - Mbappe.

Ash
07-07-2017, 12:22 PM
Apparently he has already signed at £180k per week. Ozil too...

Really? Is that the word on the street?

Sir C
07-07-2017, 12:23 PM

What say you?

3. Don't like his (apparent) attitood.

the splendor of antigone
07-07-2017, 12:39 PM

What say you?

We're hardly farking skint, are we? Sign him up.

Pokster
07-07-2017, 12:40 PM
Really? Is that the word on the street?

A, R knows nothing about football and believes everything he reads on twitter...... so I would assume it is a load of *******s

Sir C
07-07-2017, 12:42 PM

Professor of Economics, I assume?

Viva Prat Vegas
07-07-2017, 12:42 PM
4 - He is taking the piss Jonathan

SWv2
07-07-2017, 12:44 PM

What say you?

Personally it's a 3. from Ireland.

Don't believe in keeping players who want away, sell for the maximum available irrespective of who is offering it,

the splendor of antigone
07-07-2017, 12:50 PM
Professor of Economics, I assume?

I'm a master of the fine arts and hence utterly economically illiterate as my latest bank statement will confirm.
It's a bit of a cow point, though, isn't it? We always hear about how Alexis is so incredibly ambitious, a pwopah winner and all that, so surely he won't want to stick around at our **** club. :shrug:

Sir C
07-07-2017, 12:53 PM
I'm a master of the fine arts and hence utterly economically illiterate as my latest bank statement will confirm.
It's a bit of a cow point, though, isn't it? We always hear about how Alexis is so incredibly ambitious, a pwopah winner and all that, so surely he won't want to stick around at our **** club. :shrug:

If we pay him £400k a week, Ozil's going to want the same, then everyone else is going to wonder why they're earning fúcker and pence. We don't have an unlimited budget.

Personally I'd like hm to sling his hook.

the splendor of antigone
07-07-2017, 12:58 PM
If we pay him £400k a week, Ozil's going to want the same, then everyone else is going to wonder why they're earning fúcker and pence. We don't have an unlimited budget.

£400k a week does seem slightly excessive, I admit. Would his lifestyle really be that much different with an extra couple of hundred thousand a week? Does it really matter when you've got that much dosh? I assume these are more or less the sums that you're raking in, so do enlighten me.

SWv2
07-07-2017, 01:03 PM

It's a fine point Dutch.

Sir C
07-07-2017, 01:03 PM
£400k a week does seem slightly excessive, I admit. Would his lifestyle really be that much different with an extra couple of hundred thousand a week? Does it really matter when you've got that much dosh? I assume these are more or less the sums that you're raking in, so do enlighten me.

:shrug: Imagine earning £2 million a year. You're flying first class, staying in the best hotels, eating in the best restaurants, rubbing shoulders with guys who are earning 10, 15, 20 million a year.

One lives to one's income. it's inevitable. I've felt more skint whilst earning lots than at times when I earnt very little.

Anyway, it's about his family. He has a chance to build alegacy so that neither his children nor his grandchildren nor their children ever have to worry about money. I'd say he has a moral obligation to do that as efficiently as he can.

Sir C
07-07-2017, 01:04 PM
It's a fine point Dutch.

ty sw. :thumbup:

Ash
07-07-2017, 01:07 PM
Anyway, it's about his family. He has a chance to build alegacy so that neither his children nor his grandchildren nor their children ever have to worry about money. I'd say he has a moral obligation to do that as efficiently as he can.

Pfft. He'll spoil them. They should learn to stand on their own two feet etc. Backbone and stuff. Otherwise they'll end up pampered and weak.

Ash
07-07-2017, 01:08 PM
It's a fine point Dutch.

It also was made in the OP.

the splendor of antigone
07-07-2017, 01:08 PM

They'll turn out right cunds, though, surely. He has a moral obligation to society to make sure they become hardworking and self-sufficient citizens, who know the value of a days work imo.

I'm starting to sound like you ol' lot :cry:

edit: Ash :baghead:

redgunamo
07-07-2017, 01:10 PM
Personally it's a 3. from Ireland.

Don't believe in keeping players who want away, sell for the maximum available irrespective of who is offering it,

Yes, but we're talking about our best player here, not your mum.

Sir C
07-07-2017, 01:11 PM
They'll turn out right cunds, though, surely. He has a moral obligation to society to make sure they become hardworking and self-sufficient citizens, who know the value of a days work imo.

I'm starting to sound like you ol' lot :cry:

Fúck any child of mine having to work like I've worked. If they turned out to be unpleasant brats but never had to sweat over a gas bill, I'd be delighted.

There are many shítty outcomes for a human being, but poverty suckz the greatest of all ass.

Sir C
07-07-2017, 01:12 PM
Pfft. He'll spoil them. They should learn to stand on their own two feet etc. Backbone and stuff. Otherwise they'll end up pampered and weak.

As long as they have sufficient money they'll be pampered and powerful. That's what money give you; the power to make decisions.

redgunamo
07-07-2017, 01:13 PM

It seems the reason for his suddenly enhanced sense of worth is the new striker chap also trying to get 400k a week :-|

Viva Prat Vegas
07-07-2017, 01:13 PM

See RvP

10 characters

redgunamo
07-07-2017, 01:14 PM
Fúck any child of mine having to work like I've worked. If they turned out to be unpleasant brats but never had to sweat over a gas bill, I'd be delighted.

There are many shítty outcomes for a human being, but poverty suckz the greatest of all ass.

Preach, brother.

SWv2
It also was made in the OP.

Let's be honest here A, it was hardly rocket science or revolutionary thinking.

I just thought I would help him along.

Pat Vegas

What say you?

I have an idea. Get him to sign a big deal with the secret condition we will sell him next summer.

SWv2

Bothered, as such.

Just get new players.

the splendor of antigone
07-07-2017, 01:16 PM
Fúck any child of mine having to work like I've worked.

Haven't you just had other people do the work for you?*

*Please don't get mad at me :-(

Viva Prat Vegas
07-07-2017, 01:16 PM
Bothered, as such.

Just get new players.

It is a fine point Irish

Ash
07-07-2017, 01:19 PM

Yes. I am demanding that Alexis' children live in poverty. :nod:

redgunamo
07-07-2017, 01:22 PM
Bothered, as such.

Just get new players.

Of course, if the manager agrees with that then fair enough. I just like Him to have the players He wants.

redgunamo
07-07-2017, 01:24 PM

Thin end of the wedge though, innit. There's no such thing as too much money. Or even enough money.

Sir C
07-07-2017, 01:24 PM
Haven't you just had other people do the work for you?*

*Please don't get mad at me :-(

Lord no. I spent the first 20 years of my career very much in an operational role. It's only in the last 12 or so that I have ruthlessly exploited* hoi polloi to keep me in champagne and caviar.**

*Overpaid and mollycoddled

** Champagne and lobster

Sir C
07-07-2017, 01:26 PM

Poverty was a touch hyperbolic, but you know as well as I do that true freedom only exists when one has no financial concerns. I have a well-paid job and I'm very lucky*, but where and how I choose to live is dictated by my earnings and always underpinned by my fear of not earning any more :shrug:

*One makes one's own luck

the splendor of antigone
07-07-2017, 01:56 PM
Poverty was a touch hyperbolic, but you know as well as I do that true freedom only exists when one has no financial concerns. I have a well-paid job and I'm very lucky*, but where and how I choose to live is dictated by my earnings and always underpinned by my fear of not earning any more :shrug:

I thought you were a good Christian, Sir C. True freedom comes only when one is not subject to the vagaries of external things (and, as such, it's a bit of a speculative ideal). But you seem to be admitting this, or you're contradicting yourself with your own anxiety over being at the mercy of Lady Fortuna. 'Ave a word with yourself.

Sir C
07-07-2017, 01:59 PM
I thought you were a good Christian, Sir C. True freedom comes only when one is not subject to the vagaries of external things (and, as such, it's a bit of a speculative ideal). But you seem to be admitting this, or you're contradicting yourself with your own anxiety over being at the mercy of Lady Fortuna. 'Ave a word with yourself.

I am more assuredly NOT a 'good' christian; I am a very poor example of the breed. However, more appositely, I am certainly no Buddhist. The Lord helps those who help themselves, you know.

the splendor of antigone
07-07-2017, 02:07 PM
I am more assuredly NOT a 'good' christian; I am a very poor example of the breed. However, more appositely, I am certainly no Buddhist. The Lord helps those who help themselves, you know.

I think poor old St. Thomas Aquinas, St. Augustine, Boethius, et al. would object to being called Buddhists, but fair enough. At least you've got the guilt-game spot on :thumbup:

Ash
07-07-2017, 02:34 PM
Poverty was a touch hyperbolic, but you know as well as I do that true freedom only exists when one has no financial concerns.

Absolutely.

How concerned should one be if one is lacking a private jet and yacht?

Sir C
07-07-2017, 02:36 PM
Absolutely.

How concerned should one be if one is lacking a private jet and yacht?

:shrug: That would depend on the individual. Personally I would have no use for a private jet; they're pokey, claustrophobic things. Much more comfortable to fly BA first class.

Ash
07-07-2017, 02:36 PM

Ah, but it is easier for a rich man to enter a camel, than it is for .... hang on ...

It is easier for a needle to enter the eye of a rich man than it is for a camel to .... nope ...

Heaven knows there's a rich man, a camel, a needle and an eye in there somewhere.

Alberto Balsam Rodriguez
07-07-2017, 02:40 PM

What say you?

I'll carry him on my back up the M1 and M6 all the way to Manchester

Burney
07-07-2017, 02:49 PM
Ah, but it is easier for a rich man to enter a camel, than it is for .... hang on ...

It is easier for a needle to enter the eye of a rich man than it is for a camel to .... nope ...

Heaven knows there's a rich man, a camel, a needle and an eye in there somewhere.

That's reminded me of a book where there's a detailed description of a chap shagging a horse. Quite disgusting, it was. Lots of stuff about the horse tightening its vaginal muscles and nearly ripping his cöck off. :-(

Can't remember the name of it.

Sir C
07-07-2017, 02:50 PM
That's reminded me of a book where there's a detailed description of a chap shagging a horse. Quite disgusting, it was. Lots of stuff about the horse tightening its vaginal muscles and nearly ripping his cöck off. :-(

Have you a telephone number for the horse? Asking for a friend.

Burney
07-07-2017, 02:54 PM
Have you a telephone number for the horse? Asking for a friend.

I think it was by Stephen Fry now I come to think of it. :rubchin:

eastgermanautos
07-07-2017, 03:00 PM

You make a good point, man. It's like, it's not *our fvcking money. Not pulling quarters out of the piggy bank. It's that fvcking Walmart heir who made his cash selling juiced-up chickens to the hoi polloi.

This as good a use of funds as any. So my answer would be (1).

:titsup:

Ash
07-07-2017, 03:30 PM
I think it was by Stephen Fry now I come to think of it. :rubchin:

He wrote some utterly foul stuff. I read one of his books and decided against reading any of his others.

Viva Prat Vegas
07-07-2017, 03:35 PM

Monty - My Life , My Life