PDA

View Full Version : Superclap - Another thing for young people to moan about

Burney
07-07-2017, 10:01 AM
Serves them right.

https://www.theguardian.com/society/2017/jul/07/untreatable-gonorrhoea-superbug-spreading-around-world-who-warns

Luis Anaconda
07-07-2017, 10:04 AM
Serves them right.

https://www.theguardian.com/society/2017/jul/07/untreatable-gonorrhoea-superbug-spreading-around-world-who-warns
Says a man who spends all day on a website moaning about things ;)

Mind you, you might be watching a South African rearguard tomorrow - six hours of Dean Elgar "batting" - in which case you are more than entitled to moan

Burney
07-07-2017, 10:10 AM
Says a man who spends all day on a website moaning about things ;)

Mind you, you might be watching a South African rearguard tomorrow - six hours of Dean Elgar "batting" - in which case you are more than entitled to moan

Yes. The timing hasn't worked out brilliantly, has it. It's still going to be a belter and a scorchingly hot day, so hardly conducive to ripping through them, I fear. Never know, though. Wood could be interesting.

Burney
07-07-2017, 10:12 AM
Aaaannnd I've successfully jinxed Root :-D

Luis Anaconda
07-07-2017, 10:13 AM
Yes. The timing hasn't worked out brilliantly, has it. It's still going to be a belter and a scorchingly hot day, so hardly conducive to ripping through them, I fear. Never know, though. Wood could be interesting.
Yep - advantage of Stokes in the team. Four fasts in short bursts and Ashley Giles, sorry, Liam Dawson holding up one end. Golden arm Moeen for a jammy wicket before lunch/tea

Sir C
07-07-2017, 10:15 AM
Serves them right.

Perhaps this will cause them to reconsider their evil fornicating ways.

Burney
07-07-2017, 10:15 AM
Yep - advantage of Stokes in the team. Four fasts in short bursts and Ashley Giles, sorry, Liam Dawson holding up one end. Golden arm Moeen for a jammy wicket before lunch/tea

Mind you, SA could be batting fairly shortly at this rate, so you never know.

Burney
07-07-2017, 10:16 AM
Perhaps this will cause them to reconsider their evil fornicating ways.

Exactly. If I can no longer fornicate (which apparently is what I signed up to in the whole wedding business :-( ), I don't see why anyone else should be allowed to.

Sir C
07-07-2017, 10:20 AM
Exactly. If I can no longer fornicate (which apparently is what I signed up to in the whole wedding business :-( ), I don't see why anyone else should be allowed to.

I am with Bad Santa in this matter: "Look, I've boned a lot of fat chicks in my time, sure. But, as far back as I can remember, I've never fornicated anybody."

Luis Anaconda
07-07-2017, 11:24 AM
Mind you, SA could be batting fairly shortly at this rate, so you never know.

Touch disappointing but having just seen that Wood wicket it is keeping low. 450 could be decent

Burney
07-07-2017, 11:26 AM
Touch disappointing but having just seen that Wood wicket it is keeping low. 450 could be decent

This must be Broad's biggest score for years. Certainly since he decided to become a tailender.

SWv2
07-07-2017, 11:27 AM

Never mind all this cricket nonsense, what about the Lions in the morning. How do we see it going?

I'm not even a (real) Rugby fan but I am looking forward to it.

Burney
07-07-2017, 11:29 AM

LOOOOL! He's just hit Morkel for consecutive sixes.

Burney
07-07-2017, 11:31 AM
Never mind all this cricket nonsense, what about the Lions in the morning. How do we see it going?

I'm not even a (real) Rugby fan but I am looking forward to it.

New Zealand will win unless they get someone sent off again.

SWv2
07-07-2017, 11:35 AM
New Zealand will win unless they get someone sent off again.

Considering last week was the first sending off in 50 years or whatever I would think the chances of another to be unlikely.

Luis Anaconda
07-07-2017, 11:42 AM
Considering last week was the first sending off in 50 years or whatever I would think the chances of another to be unlikely.

Sadly I concur with Berni. Think it will be close but they will take their try-scoring chances.

On the plus side, I am usually wrong

SWv2
07-07-2017, 11:53 AM
Sadly I concur with Berni. Think it will be close but they will take their try-scoring chances.

On the plus side, I am usually wrong

When their team was announced on Wednesday I was listening to some radio bóllocks in the car and they were discussing Barrett’s selection, a raw 20 year old with 1 cap and what a massive risk they were taking in the ‘biggest rugby match ever’ type nonsense. Would they live to regret this decision. Cue Neil Francis talking bóllocks.

Fast forward about 2 hours on Sky and Sean Fitzpatrick was asked about the pick, he king of shrugged his shoulders stating that he (Barrett) was probably the best player in NZ at this moment in time and that he would be fine.

Ash
07-07-2017, 12:03 PM
This must be Broad's biggest score for years. Certainly since he decided to become a tailender.

:nono: Lower order batsman. :mikey:

Luis Anaconda
07-07-2017, 12:07 PM
When their team was announced on Wednesday I was listening to some radio bóllocks in the car and they were discussing Barrett’s selection, a raw 20 year old with 1 cap and what a massive risk they were taking in the ‘biggest rugby match ever’ type nonsense. Would they live to regret this decision. Cue Neil Francis talking bóllocks.

Fast forward about 2 hours on Sky and Sean Fitzpatrick was asked about the pick, he king of shrugged his shoulders stating that he (Barrett) was probably the best player in NZ at this moment in time and that he would be fine.
Have to go with the great hooker on that one. Fantastic player and a much more reliable kicker than his brother. Bringing Savea back was more of a puzzling decision to me