PDA

View Full Version : I have resisted to 'name' them

Pat Vegas
07-06-2017, 09:39 AM
but I am open to suggestions I have put a photo for reference purposes.

*sorry wrong forum.

Sir C
07-06-2017, 09:41 AM

*sorry wrong forum.

Whitey Creamy Woody Blackie Reddy

Pat Vegas
07-06-2017, 09:42 AM
Whitey Creamy Woody Blackie Reddy

:cloud9:

my collection still is crying out for a hollowbody and a Les Paul standard/custom shop.

I might buy a bass I am interested to learn

Pokster
07-06-2017, 09:43 AM

*sorry wrong forum.

Dick, Jullian, Anne, George and Timothy

Luis Anaconda
07-06-2017, 09:51 AM

*sorry wrong forum.

Seaman, Dixon, Adams, Bould, Winterburn
or
Dave, Lee, Tone, Stevie and Nige

barrybueno
07-06-2017, 11:50 AM
Seaman, Dixon, Adams, Bould, Winterburn
or
Dave, Lee, Tone, Stevie and Nige

Dave Dee, Dozy, Beaky, Mick & Tich

Ash
07-06-2017, 11:57 AM

Vanity, Bauble, Decadence, Self-indulgence and Excess.

Sorry. #bantz

SWv2
07-06-2017, 12:35 PM

*sorry wrong forum.

What's the won on the right?

Sir C
07-06-2017, 12:38 PM
What's the won on the right?

Gibson SG, innit. As wielded to great effect by Kelly Jones.

You can say whatever you like about the Stereophonics, but Kelly Jones hammering his SG is a wondrous sight and sound.

He has a fine collection of tan leather jackets, you know.

SWv2
07-06-2017, 12:42 PM
Gibson SG, innit. As wielded to great effect by Kelly Jones.

You can say whatever you like about the Stereophonics, but Kelly Jones hammering his SG is a wondrous sight and sound.

He has a fine collection of tan leather jackets, you know.

Kelly Jones my hole. Fúcking Welsh midget.

I knew I recognised the axe, as such.

"Also present on the new album is his cherry-red 1968 Gibson SG, which Weller flat-out calls the greatest guitar he’s ever owned."

Sir C
07-06-2017, 12:47 PM
Kelly Jones my hole. Fúcking Welsh midget.

I knew I recognised the axe, as such.

"Also present on the new album is his cherry-red 1968 Gibson SG, which Weller flat-out calls the greatest guitar he’s ever owned."

:shrug: It would appear that the Jones connection is the more important. "His main guitar is a cherry red Gibson SG, now widely known as the "Kellycaster"."

SWv2
07-06-2017, 12:53 PM
:shrug: It would appear that the Jones connection is the more important. "His main guitar is a cherry red Gibson SG, now widely known as the "Kellycaster"."

Must say I have never really understood the success or attraction of the Welsh trio.

I met the original drummer (now dead) on a night out in Cardiff, night before our cup final win over United. A chaotic night of alcohol and beak ensued, from a small city centre nightclub to a domestic premise in Roath.

Despite being life-long friends he did not speak kindly on occasion about your Mr Jones.

Are they still a going concern?

Sir C
07-06-2017, 12:57 PM
Must say I have never really understood the success or attraction of the Welsh trio.

I met the original drummer (now dead) on a night out in Cardiff, night before our cup final win over United. A chaotic night of alcohol and beak ensued, from a small city centre nightclub to a domestic premise in Roath.

Despite being life-long friends he did not speak kindly on occasion about your Mr Jones.

I believe they are still playing live and releasing music, although I don't suppose I've bought an album of theirs in 15 years. I've seen them live a few times and very much enjoy their show. They have quite a brutal guitar sound which appeals to my inner rocker, and Jones can really sing. I'd suggest that with a little more quality in the writing department they could have been quite a huge phenomenon.

SWv2
07-06-2017, 01:00 PM
I believe they are still playing live and releasing music, although I don't suppose I've bought an album of theirs in 15 years. I've seen them live a few times and very much enjoy their show. They have quite a brutal guitar sound which appeals to my inner rocker, and Jones can really sing. I'd suggest that with a little more quality in the writing department they could have been quite a huge phenomenon.

Have you started to compile the play list for Saturday afternoon's tear up yet?

Sir C
07-06-2017, 01:03 PM
Have you started to compile the play list for Saturday afternoon's tear up yet?

I have. All bootleg stuff, naturally. We'll start with 'Live at The Filmore East, 1978'. That's good for 3 and a half hours. Then, for a complete change of gear, we'll get bang up to date with 'Live at the Ricoh, Coventry, 2015'. That's another 4 hours.

SWv2
07-06-2017, 01:05 PM
I have. All bootleg stuff, naturally. We'll start with 'Live at The Filmore East, 1978'. That's good for 3 and a half hours. Then, for a complete change of gear, we'll get bang up to date with 'Live at the Ricoh, Coventry, 2015'. That's another 4 hours.

Okay, interesting. That should see us through to tea time.

And just out of curiosity what is the approximate journey time to your nearest A+E department?

Sir C
07-06-2017, 01:13 PM
Okay, interesting. That should see us through to tea time.

And just out of curiosity what is the approximate journey time to your nearest A+E department?

I shall be interested in your opinion of my patented Perfect Weekend Drug Cocktail™. Bear in mind you may not sleep until Thursday.

Burney
07-06-2017, 01:25 PM

This is one of the things about drug use. It's great and everything, but the wild, wonderful nights all too often ended up with you in some ****ty council house in a completely unfamiliar area wondering how the fûck you're going to get home.

SWv2
07-06-2017, 02:16 PM
This is one of the things about drug use. It's great and everything, but the wild, wonderful nights all too often ended up with you in some ****ty council house in a completely unfamiliar area wondering how the fûck you're going to get home.

Since you ask, an expensive cab back to Newport in search of a few hours kip, which did not occur, before back into Cardiff for the match and naturally back on the whole ri-ra again.

In summary, and without any sense of melodrama, it was a complete fúcking disaster,

redgunamo
07-06-2017, 02:31 PM

I used to do all that perfectly straight and sober. In Oxford :-|

Peter
07-06-2017, 02:42 PM

Coventry was 2013 and 2016.