PDA

View Full Version : Food/dishes that you're supposed to think are great, but who you don't like.

Pat Vegas
07-05-2017, 04:16 PM
Pulled pork a pile of ****e.

71 Guns - channeling the spirit of Mr Hat
07-05-2017, 04:22 PM

If anyone says Cornish Pasty, they're up for a :fight:

Lobster Thermidor - meh.

Sir C
07-06-2017, 08:28 AM

Crumbles. Rhubarb, apple, each as foul as the other. Also bread and butter pudding.

Bread is not dessert.

redgunamo
07-06-2017, 08:30 AM

Or, to turn the question around; school dinners :eat:

Viva Prat Vegas
07-06-2017, 08:32 AM
Cous cous cous

Sir C
07-06-2017, 08:33 AM
Or, to turn the question around; school dinners :eat:

Not to mention airline food. The finest mashed potato I have ever tasted was on a BA long haul flight.

Back in the day, KLM used to present a most creditable seafood platter.

Pat Vegas
07-06-2017, 08:37 AM
Not to mention airline food. The finest mashed potato I have ever tasted was on a BA long haul flight.

I had a chicken dish with mashed potato on air canada. I wasn't expecting much I was nearly tempted to not eat it at all. but it was tremendous.
However the bread is always disgusting.

sometimes when I am flying I just want to be left alone and don't want a tray with all these bits and bobs laying about.

Viva Prat Vegas
07-06-2017, 08:39 AM
I also like a window seat
I hate aisle seats
They unsettle me

redgunamo
07-06-2017, 08:39 AM

KLM to Darkest Africa, flying through the night with, what with hindsight almost certainly became, half of ISIS or Al qaeda dug in at the back in the galley swigging wine and spirits miniatures two or three at a time and scoffing all the food and snacks.

If only we'd known, eh :-\

Sir C
07-06-2017, 08:40 AM
I had a chicken dish with mashed potato on air canada. I wasn't expecting much I was nearly tempted to not eat it at all. but it was tremendous.
However the bread is always disgusting.

sometimes when I am flying I just want to be left alone and don't want a tray with all these bits and bobs laying about.

No trays in business, f. A fresh white tablecloth, a little vase with a flower, and proper silver cruet sets :cloud9:

Viva Prat Vegas
07-06-2017, 08:43 AM
No trays in business, f. A fresh white tablecloth, a little vase with a flower, and proper silver cruet sets :cloud9:

I like the aircraft with feet salt and pepper pots they have on Virgin long haul

Sir C
07-06-2017, 08:44 AM
KLM to Darkest Africa, flying through the night with, what with hindsight almost certainly became, half of ISIS or Al qaeda dug in at the back in the galley swigging wine and spirits miniatures two or three at a time and scoffing all the food and snacks.

If only we'd known, eh :-\

KLM continue to serve more destinations in east Africa than BA. 'Go figure', as I believe the cousins would have it.

I am a big fan of Kenya Airways business class on their 787s. Jolly comfortable and the service is keen and attentive, if occasionally a little rough around the edges. I like it especially because the calm, relaxed atmosphere is such a contrast to the scrum upon arrival at Jomo Kenyatta :hehe:

Sir C
07-06-2017, 08:46 AM
I like the aircraft with feet salt and pepper pots they have on Virgin long haul

I've only ever flown Virgin once. Delhi, I think it was. Most of their flights are to tourist destinations, aren't they? :sniff:

Pat Vegas
07-06-2017, 08:47 AM

I never have the chance to do so.
Though I have a friend who seems to do it for a hobby not sure how he gets all these deals.

redgunamo
07-06-2017, 08:53 AM
KLM continue to serve more destinations in east Africa than BA. 'Go figure', as I believe the cousins would have it.

I am a big fan of Kenya Airways business class on their 787s. Jolly comfortable and the service is keen and attentive, if occasionally a little rough around the edges. I like it especially because the calm, relaxed atmosphere is such a contrast to the scrum upon arrival at Jomo Kenyatta :hehe:

:hehe: Ah, yes. I remember well, the child redgunamo being loosed off into the heart of Africa in the middle of the night, with firm instructions to run like mad for the plane and fight like crazy to secure our seats; no modern nonsense like boarding passes or anything back then. Not even a proper airport terminal building, just some shacks full of people dressed like they'd walked in from the Old Testament accompanied by their farmyard animals.

Tony C
07-06-2017, 08:54 AM
So Kenyan Airways is decent?

I was half tempted to use them for my last trip to Durban...the flight was scheduled to stop off in Eithipioa before carrying on to Durbs...just figure afterwards I could say I've been to Eithiopia innit

--

Funny story...back in the day I would reimburse board members for the flights to London for the Annual Board meeting...so they would give me their receipts and I would reimburse...1st class travel allowed...no restrictions

However there were was this one guy who just gave me a print out of a BA 1st class return flight to pay....I checked with my boss and he said it was ok to accept.

I later found out he had flown over on Iranian airways in the cheeep seats :shrug:

Sir C
07-06-2017, 08:57 AM
So Kenyan Airways is decent?

I was half tempted to use them for my last trip to Durban...the flight was scheduled to stop off in Eithipioa before carrying on to Durbs...just figure afterwards I could say I've been to Eithiopia innit

--

Funny story...back in the day I would reimburse board members for the flights to London for the Annual Board meeting...so they would give me their receipts and I would reimburse...1st class travel allowed...no restrictions

However there were was this one guy who just gave me a print out of a BA 1st class return flight to pay....I checked with my boss and he said it was ok to accept.

I later found out he had flown over on Iranian airways in the cheeep seats :shrug:

Yep, Kenya Airways is more than decent. New fleet and trying hard.

Sir C
07-06-2017, 08:59 AM
:hehe: Ah, yes. I remember well, the child redgunamo being loosed off into the heart of Africa in the middle of the night, with firm instructions to run like mad for the plane and fight like crazy to secure our seats; no modern nonsense like boarding passes or anything back then. Not even a proper airport terminal building, just some shacks full of people dressed like they'd walked in from the Old Testament accompanied by their farmyard animals.

:hehe: The fire that burnt Jomo Kenyatta down a couple of years ago actually improved things a bit, I think.