PDA

View Full Version : Why is there so much negativity for Mr Lacazette

Pat Vegas
07-05-2017, 08:14 AM
is it just normal that we moan about everything.

I think he's going to be quite good.

Or is a case people are jumping to conclusions to assume he is a replacement for Sanchez. Wait and see what else we do imo.

And actually I think Sanchez will stay.

Sir C
07-05-2017, 08:17 AM

Or is a case people are jumping to conclusions to assume he is a replacement for Sanchez. Wait and see what else we do imo.

I believe his problem is that he isn't Mbappe.

He can't really help that, can he?

Pat Vegas
07-05-2017, 08:22 AM
I believe his problem is that he isn't Mbappe.

He can't really help that, can he?

The money being mentioned for young Mbappe is too much too big of an investment. though if he turns out to be as good as they worked perhaps we can sell him for £200 million in a couple of years the way things are going.

But most importantly it would kill Sanogo so we must not sign him

Monty92
07-05-2017, 08:30 AM
Then again, they do all look the same to me. Strikers, I mean.

Pat Vegas
07-05-2017, 08:36 AM

I watched his videos. he needs to put more in the top corners.

redgunamo
07-05-2017, 10:31 AM
The money being mentioned for young Mbappe is too much too big of an investment. though if he turns out to be as good as they worked perhaps we can sell him for £200 million in a couple of years the way things are going.

But most importantly it would kill Sanogo so we must not sign him

Sanogo's gone, I'm afraid to say.

redgunamo
07-05-2017, 10:33 AM

That's why we never win anything decent, because you think all strikers look the same. Basically, it's all your fault :-(

Burney
07-05-2017, 10:34 AM

Because he's joining the Arsenal, f. He is therefore rubbish. QED.

Peter
07-05-2017, 11:19 AM

He just needs to be better than Giroud. I hope he is....

redgunamo
07-05-2017, 11:22 AM

Oh, that's different. There'll certainly be moments when you'll wish Giroud was playing instead. But that's just because it's a funny old game.

IUFG
07-05-2017, 11:28 AM

Until he proves to be better than TH14, he will be just another Chamakh wannabe imo.

Rich
07-05-2017, 11:31 AM

Well he doesn't even get in the France squad because Giroud and Mbappe are considered better.

SWv2
07-05-2017, 11:32 AM

I suspect at £50m people expect a superstar, a marquee forward signing etc. He is also coming from Ligue1 which some people will have reservations about, though the same people would suck your gonads at the prospect of signing Mbappe.

Lacazette is neither superstar nor marquee however he may well turn out to be absolutely brilliant for us and the fee soon forgotten, until he has a few shít games and it will come up.

There is then the Sanchez issue – has he been signed to play with or as some form of direct or indirect replacement, the former and he undoubtedly strengthens us, the latter and who knows.

Sadly in modern football £50m is no longer that expensive.

Luis Anaconda
07-05-2017, 11:33 AM
Well he doesn't even get in the France squad because Giroud and Mbappe are considered better.

Aside from the fact that he is in the French squad you make a valid point

Rich
07-05-2017, 11:35 AM
Aside from the fact that he is in the French squad you make a valid point

Ah yes, 11 caps, 1 goal. :-\

He looks a better finisher than Welbeck, though.

redgunamo
07-05-2017, 11:36 AM
I suspect at £50m people expect a superstar, a marquee forward signing etc. He is also coming from Ligue1 which some people will have reservations about, though the same people would suck your gonads at the prospect of signing Mbappe.

Lacazette is neither superstar nor marquee however he may well turn out to be absolutely brilliant for us and the fee soon forgotten, until he has a few shít games and it will come up.

There is then the Sanchez issue – has he been signed to play with or as some form of direct or indirect replacement, the former and he undoubtedly strengthens us, the latter and who knows.

Sadly in modern football £50m is no longer that expensive.

With respect, to Pluto with modern football; that is an enormous amount of money for us. We need it to work out.

redgunamo
07-05-2017, 11:37 AM

I am very sorry to have to say it but your mum looks a better finisher than Welbeck :-\

SWv2
07-05-2017, 11:40 AM
With respect, to Pluto with modern football; that is an enormous amount of money for us. We need it to work out.

He will score goals, of that I have no doubt at all. On that basis the signing will be a success.

Will we win the league, the champions league, will we even qualify for it next season or the season after, who knows. Will his signing and the associated cost be viewed in this way?

I have read people commenting that we spent 100m last summer on Mustafi, Xhaka and others yet finished 5th so in effect we spent 100m and ended up worse. A naïve and schoolboy analysis of events which overlooks the quality of the individual players.

Luis Anaconda
07-05-2017, 11:42 AM

Mbappe 4 caps 0 goals :shrug: doesn't stop you wetting your pants over him

At least you admit your original point was wrong though :muppet:

redgunamo
07-05-2017, 11:48 AM
He will score goals, of that I have no doubt at all. On that basis the signing will be a success.

Will we win the league, the champions league, will we even qualify for it next season or the season after, who knows. Will his signing and the associated cost be viewed in this way?

I have read people commenting that we spent 100m last summer on Mustafi, Xhaka and others yet finished 5th so in effect we spent 100m and ended up worse. A naïve and schoolboy analysis of events which overlooks the quality of the individual players.

Different matter entirely when talking about other players obviously. Strikers though, especially fifty million pound ones, must do three things: They have to win you the league and the European Cup, whilst being your very best goalscorer.

It's complicated :-\

SWv2
07-05-2017, 11:49 AM
Different matter entirely when talking about other players obviously. Strikers though, especially fifty million pound ones, must do three things: They have to win you the league and the European Cup, whilst being your very best goalscorer.

What if an opposition team has a more expensive striker?

Burney
07-05-2017, 11:52 AM

50 million quid for some bloke who's had a couple of good seasons in France, though. :shakehead: The world's gone mad.

I remember when Trevor Francis became the first million pound player. :old:

IUFG
07-05-2017, 12:05 PM

:nono: £975,000 plus VAT. ;-)

Sir C
07-05-2017, 12:08 PM
50 million quid for some bloke who's had a couple of good seasons in France, though. :shakehead: The world's gone mad.

I remember when Malcom McDonald became the first 1/3 of a million pound player :-(

IUFG
07-05-2017, 12:11 PM
I remember when Malcom McDonald became the first 1/3 of a million pound player :-(

it has gone mental in the last few years though innit

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Progression_of_British_football_transfer_fee_recor d

Sir C
07-05-2017, 12:16 PM

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Progression_of_British_football_transfer_fee_recor d

£32.5 mill to £80 mill :hehe:

redgunamo
07-05-2017, 12:18 PM
What if an opposition team has a more expensive striker?

Wenger out obviously :shrug:

redgunamo
07-05-2017, 12:20 PM

Yes, so do I. At least he won the European Cup, I suppose. Alongside dear old Viv Anderson.

Sir C
07-05-2017, 12:22 PM
Yes, so do I. At least he won the European Cup, I suppose. Alongside dear old Viv Anderson.

Cloughie told him after the game that he was 'lucky' to have scored the goal and won a European Cup because he'd played so poorly :hehe:

redgunamo
07-05-2017, 12:23 PM

Indeed

https://youtu.be/yommBu-FwEU

redgunamo
07-05-2017, 12:26 PM
Cloughie told him after the game that he was 'lucky' to have scored the goal and won a European Cup because he'd played so poorly :hehe:

Right. He also said he only played him in the first place because injuries forced his hand.

We'll not see his like again sadly. Brian Clough, I mean. Not Trevor Francis.

SWv2
07-05-2017, 12:26 PM
Wenger out obviously :shrug:

I was wondering when we would get back to that. I expected late August.

redgunamo
07-05-2017, 12:28 PM
I was wondering when we would get back to that. I expected late August.

I guess if you can't win the league despite being able to call on such players it really is time to find a new hobby.

Tony C
07-05-2017, 01:06 PM
Wenger has conditioned us to complain every summer imo