PDA

View Full Version : So. 19 years ago, Dennis scred that goal against Argentina.

Sir C
07-04-2017, 12:10 PM
No one ever mentions the ball from de Boer, do they. Fúck me, 60 yards, on the run, right onto his toe. Jaysus.

Luis Anaconda
07-04-2017, 12:17 PM
No one ever mentions the ball from de Boer, do they. Fúck me, 60 yards, on the run, right onto his toe. Jaysus.

I do - all the time. Even in conversations that have nothing to do with that goal

Monty92
07-04-2017, 12:18 PM

It was hardly "on the run".

Also, I know this is fussy, but I've always thought the finish was a little ungainly. His body position was most un-Dennis like.I'd have preferred him to take it on his left.

Sir C
07-04-2017, 12:20 PM

Also, I know this is fussy, but I've always thought the finish was a little ungainly. His body position was most un-Dennis like.I'd have preferred him to take it on his left.

Apart from the fact that both he and Bergkamp were, you know, running?

Monty92
07-04-2017, 12:22 PM
Apart from the fact that both he and Bergkamp were, you know, running?

De Boer was hardly running. The ball was virtually at a stand-still and he had all the time in the world.

I'm not denigrating the pass, which was superb. Just your analysis, which is shít.

Sir C
07-04-2017, 12:24 PM
De Boer was hardly running. The ball was virtually at a stand-still and he had all the time in the world.

I'm not denigrating the pass, which was superb. Just your analysis, which is shít.

Fúck you and your enormous bugle.

How was your vegetablecentric dinner?

SWv2
07-04-2017, 12:25 PM

Nonsense, merely highlighted the wonderful balance he possessed as a player. A lesser man may have swung his left at it and missed.

To seek error or to identify fault when simply none exists is foolish.

Sir C
07-04-2017, 12:27 PM
Nonsense, merely highlighted the wonderful balance he possessed as a player. A lesser man may have swung his left at it and missed.

If I'd said that you'd have called me a ****. How come he gets away with it? Is it because I'm English? You hate the English, don't you? :-(

Monty92
07-04-2017, 12:28 PM
Fúck you and your enormous bugle.

How was your vegetablecentric dinner?

Thoroughly shít. Though I don't think I particularly entered into the spirit of the venue by asking for their meatiest dish and if the chef could add more meat to it.

IUFG
07-04-2017, 12:28 PM

Well here is all the evidence you need. I had forgot about the two red cards in that game tbh...

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jtECeDQ7R-8

Windy day too, makes the pass even betterer imo

SWv2
07-04-2017, 12:32 PM
If I'd said that you'd have called me a ****. How come he gets away with it? Is it because I'm English? You hate the English, don't you? :-(

I demand you retract that!

I only ever seek to defend myself from the constant vile racist abuse you throw at me, never do I simply launch a personal attack on you.

As for M yes he is a ****, but he knows that, we all know that, I expect his girlfriend knows that also. There is little virtue in pointing this out. It would be a waste of typing time.

Speaking of Monty I watched a programme last night with that Yotam Ottolenghi bloke, strikes me as another ****.

Monty92
07-04-2017, 12:35 PM

I only ever seek to defend myself from the constant vile racist abuse you throw at me, never do I simply launch a personal attack on you.

As for M yes he is a ****, but he knows that, we all know that, I expect his girlfriend knows that also. There is little virtue in pointing this out. It would be a waste of typing time.

Speaking of Monty I watched a programme last night with that Yotam Ottolenghi bloke, strikes me as another ****.

Yotam Ottolenghi manages to achieve the rather impressive feat of making food that's gayer than himself.

Sir C
07-04-2017, 12:35 PM

Ooh, I saw that, and I've always previously thought thon Ottolenghi was a ****, mainly because Ian Harvey loved him, but I found him rather sweet. His penchant for pomegranate molasses still leaves me a little cold, mind.

'Pomegranate' is a kind of fruit eaten by people in civilised countries. Hold on. 'Fruit' is like a potato but sweeter.

Sir C
07-04-2017, 12:36 PM
Well here is all the evidence you need. I had forgot about the two red cards in that game tbh...

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jtECeDQ7R-8

Windy day too, makes the pass even betterer imo

If Brazil hadn't cheated their way through the semi-final they would have beaten France in the final :-(

IUFG
07-04-2017, 12:38 PM
If Brazil hadn't cheated their way through the semi-final they would have beaten France in the final :-(

:nod: officials from Kuwait, Saudi and Oman. With the greatest of respect to those footballing powerhouses, hardly the best officials for a WC semi final.

SWv2
07-04-2017, 12:41 PM
Ooh, I saw that, and I've always previously thought thon Ottolenghi was a ****, mainly because Ian Harvey loved him, but I found him rather sweet. His penchant for pomegranate molasses still leaves me a little cold, mind.

'Pomegranate' is a kind of fruit eaten by people in civilised countries. Hold on. 'Fruit' is like a potato but sweeter.

I am not sure I have ever had a pomegranate molass.

I did eat in YO’s place on Upper Street once it turns out.

I recall having to toast my own bread which in a fragile state really fúcking annoyed me. Trendy London *******s of the highest order.

SWv2
07-04-2017, 12:41 PM

You were probably robbed in 78 also, the whole kerfuffle pre-game with cast on the arm of one of the twins.

Sir C
07-04-2017, 12:44 PM
You were probably robbed in 78 also, the whole kerfuffle pre-game with cast on the arm of one of the twins.

:nod: Not to mention the Euro 2000 semi against Italy :-(

Luis Anaconda
07-04-2017, 12:49 PM
:nod: Not to mention the Euro 2000 semi against Italy :-(

almost 90 minutes against 10 men, two missed penalties in normal time. Not sure, ref could have done much more to help the Dutch win it tbf

Monty92
07-04-2017, 12:50 PM
I am not sure I have ever had a pomegranate molass.

I did eat in YO’s place on Upper Street once it turns out.

I recall having to toast my own bread which in a fragile state really fúcking annoyed me. Trendy London *******s of the highest order.

Their cake selection in the window is quite superb, I must confess. When I first started dating the missus, she lived off Upper Street and on the way back to hers from an Arsenal game, I'd always pop in and bring her back some treats, trying hard not to vomit when they gave me the bill.

Ahh, them were the days. When doing something nice almost always resulted in sex *sigh*

Sir C
07-04-2017, 12:52 PM
almost 90 minutes against 10 men, two missed penalties in normal time. Not sure, ref could have done much more to help the Dutch win it tbf

All those penalties, see? No use to Dutchmen.

Luis Anaconda
07-04-2017, 12:55 PM
All those penalties, see? No use to Dutchmen.

Very true - unbecoming to score such goals.

Also remember Dennis hitting the post :cry:

Pat Vegas
07-04-2017, 01:18 PM

They do on Ajaxwimb.

Burney
07-04-2017, 01:43 PM

All his stuff has pomegranates in it, doesn't it? And it's all vegetable and pulses and shïte like that with no fücking spuds, isn't it?

He can fück off.

Sir C
07-04-2017, 01:50 PM
All his stuff has pomegranates in it, doesn't it? And it's all vegetable and pulses and shïte like that with no fücking spuds, isn't it?

He can fück off.

I've been looking after r&e's cat this week. Just got back from the old gaff. Feeling quite nostalgic :-( Reminded me of the night we lost in Munich, and the circumstances surrounding my watching it with you there. Now all is dust.

We've ruined everything :-(

Burney
07-04-2017, 01:56 PM
I've been looking after r&e's cat this week. Just got back from the old gaff. Feeling quite nostalgic :-( Reminded me of the night we lost in Munich, and the circumstances surrounding my watching it with you there. Now all is dust.

We've ruined everything :-(

Thanks for that. :-(

I had a similar sense of things last week. I was there last week for E's graduation. I drove past the place where I took her for her first day at school and then went to her last. She was there, impossibly grown-up and then I left and dropped her bag off at the old house.

Don't mind admitting I wept when I got home for all the years that have passed and everything that's happened. :-(

One ought never to go back. It doesn't do one any good.

Sir C
07-04-2017, 02:11 PM
Thanks for that. :-(

I had a similar sense of things last week. I was there last week for E's graduation. I drove past the place where I took her for her first day at school and then went to her last. She was there, impossibly grown-up and then I left and dropped her bag off at the old house.

Don't mind admitting I wept when I got home for all the years that have passed and everything that's happened. :-(

One ought never to go back. It doesn't do one any good.

:-( I remember when you used to walk there to collect her. :-(

I'd have been married 25 years this September. There are things I can't remember now. What sort of dinners did we used to eat, given that j was vegetarian? I should remember, I cooked them ffs! What was the name of the ironiong lady? She worked for us for years and years and I can't remember. Poor Wilbur's dead now, and poor Florence of course. A whole family destroyed and an ironing lady unemployed. It's a tragedy.

Monty92
07-04-2017, 02:21 PM

I'd have been married 25 years this September. There are things I can't remember now. What sort of dinners did we used to eat, given that j was vegetarian? I should remember, I cooked them ffs! What was the name of the ironiong lady? She worked for us for years and years and I can't remember. Poor Wilbur's dead now, and poor Florence of course. A whole family destroyed and an ironing lady unemployed. It's a tragedy.

Did you ever get your wife to lez it up with the ironing lady, or did you find she was not for turning?

Sir C
07-04-2017, 02:22 PM
Did you ever get your wife to lez it up with the ironing lady, or did you find she was not for turning?

There is no need for vulgarity. And if you don't mind, I'm having a moment here.

Monty92
07-04-2017, 02:26 PM
There is no need for vulgarity. And if you don't mind, I'm having a moment here.

It was a Thatcher joke! Stop naval-gazing like some kind of gender-fluid millennial and acknowledge it!

SWv2
07-04-2017, 02:27 PM

Hold on, an ironing lady. I assume she did other household chores at an agreed rate per hour.

There is only so much ironing one person or two people can need.

Sir C
07-04-2017, 02:29 PM
It was a Thatcher joke! Stop naval-gazing like some kind of millennial and acknowledge it!

Yes, I saw the Thatcher 'joke', but it really wasn't much of a joke, was it?

A chap is allowed the occasional moment of reflection, surely?

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tOifaUXPk4g

Burney
07-04-2017, 02:33 PM
Yes, I saw the Thatcher 'joke', but it really wasn't much of a joke, was it?

A chap is allowed the occasional moment of reflection, surely?

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tOifaUXPk4g

Young m is to be forgiven. He hasn't yet broken up with his partner and is still too young to know the bittersweet tang of nostalgia and regret.

Sir C
07-04-2017, 02:35 PM
Hold on, an ironing lady. I assume she did other household chores at an agreed rate per hour.

There is only so much ironing one person or two people can need.

No, there was a cleaner for cleaning and an ironing lady for ironing :shrug:

One wouldn't employ a rocket scientist to perform brain surgery, would one?

Sir C
07-04-2017, 02:38 PM
Young m is to be forgiven. He hasn't yet broken up with his partner and is still too young to know the bittersweet tang of nostalgia and regret.

Let us hope that he never experiences the pain, fear, guilt and emptiness of such an experience* :-(

*She'll bin him for sure.

Burney
07-04-2017, 02:40 PM
Let us hope that he never experiences the pain, fear, guilt and emptiness of such an experience* :-(

*She'll bin him for sure.

Yes. I wouldn't wish it on anyone even in jest. :-(

Although I agree that it seems inevitable.

SWv2
07-04-2017, 02:40 PM
No, there was a cleaner for cleaning and an ironing lady for ironing :shrug:

One wouldn't employ a rocket scientist to perform brain surgery, would one?

Which one were you caught shagging?

Pokster
07-04-2017, 02:42 PM

both imo....

Sir C
07-04-2017, 02:43 PM

Always the vulgarity. :sigh:

I am speaking of matters of the heart, of the soul, of the battle 'twixt id and ego. Not shagging.

SWv2
07-04-2017, 02:45 PM

I am speaking of matters of the heart, of the soul, of the battle 'twixt id and ego. Not shagging.

Yes yes we'll come back to that another time. The cleaner?

Sir C
07-04-2017, 02:45 PM

Christ no, she was a 20 stone unit.

Pokster
07-04-2017, 02:47 PM

She was shagging them then

Burney
07-04-2017, 02:47 PM

What sort of a fellow would have sex with his cleaner? :-(

The bloody woman could look like a young Brigitte Bardot, but that wouldn't get rid of the smell of bleach or the knowledge that she cleans various people's lavatories for a living. :puke:

No. One must have standards. You can't just go around putting it in every menial.

Burney
07-04-2017, 02:48 PM
Christ no, she was a 20 stone unit.

Didn't you tell me that you used to have a turkey who festooned your lawn with avian ejaculate?

Sir C
07-04-2017, 02:51 PM
Didn't you tell me that you used to have a turkey who festooned your lawn with avian ejaculate?

Indeed. Cranberry was his name. He had a mate called Banana, but she couldn't satisfy him, so he used to rub himself off on the lawn.

Unusual bird.

Burney
07-04-2017, 02:53 PM
Indeed. Cranberry was his name. He had a mate called Banana, but she couldn't satisfy him, so he used to rub himself off on the lawn.

Unusual bird.

I can't imagine wanting to have a turkey around the place. They've always seemed a bit sinister to me. Chickens are one thing, but turkeys are a step too far.

Sir C
07-04-2017, 02:53 PM
What sort of a fellow would have sex with his cleaner? :-(

The bloody woman could look like a young Brigitte Bardot, but that wouldn't get rid of the smell of bleach or the knowledge that she cleans various people's lavatories for a living. :puke:

No. One must have standards. You can't just go around putting it in every menial.

Oh I don't know. We have a long and rich tradition of the master of the house sliding his hand up the skirt of the maid of all work at breakfast, surely?

Sir C
07-04-2017, 02:56 PM
I can't imagine wanting to have a turkey around the place. They've always seemed a bit sinister to me. Chickens are one thing, but turkeys are a step too far.

He was incredibly aggressive and would attack anyone who came near him if he was in a bad mood. Given that he weighted about 5 stone and had a very powerful beak, visitors to the garden were well advised to keep their distance. I suffered many painful bites from the brute.

Burney
07-04-2017, 02:56 PM
Oh I don't know. We have a long and rich tradition of the master of the house sliding his hand up the skirt of the maid of all work at breakfast, surely?

Yes, I suppose. And obviously the young master would be required to impregnate the odd housemaid such that she be packed off with a few guineas' hush money, but to me that's a rather different thing to jumping a middle-aged woman who's pushing your hoover around.

Burney
07-04-2017, 03:03 PM
He was incredibly aggressive and would attack anyone who came near him if he was in a bad mood. Given that he weighted about 5 stone and had a very powerful beak, visitors to the garden were well advised to keep their distance. I suffered many painful bites from the brute.

Hmmm. I take it the experience is why there aren't turkeys jizzing all over your back paddock today (as it were)?

SWv2
07-04-2017, 03:10 PM
Yes, I suppose. And obviously the young master would be required to impregnate the odd housemaid such that she be packed off with a few guineas' hush money, but to me that's a rather different thing to jumping a middle-aged woman who's pushing your hoover around.

Oh I don't know.

Really depends on circumstances does it not.

Sir C
07-04-2017, 03:10 PM
Hmmm. I take it the experience is why there aren't turkeys jizzing all over your back paddock today (as it were)?

Definitely. Far too much bother.

Burney
07-04-2017, 03:12 PM
Oh I don't know.

Really depends on circumstances does it not.

Well you clearly have less refined tastes than I, sw. You chaps tend to mount anything that stands still long enough as I understand it.

SWv2
07-04-2017, 03:24 PM
Well you clearly have less refined tastes than I, sw. You chaps tend to mount anything that stands still long enough as I understand it.

It is true that we are often referred to as a nation of lovers.

Sir C
07-04-2017, 03:48 PM

I'll tell you what I have got in the back field, though. A lovely pair of fat rats living under the kitchen window. They're really tame now. I sit and watch them about their business as I sip my morning coffee. Soon I will start to build a relationship with them.

Alberto Balsam Rodriguez
07-04-2017, 07:08 PM

Bit of a punt upfield TBF :-)

redgunamo
07-05-2017, 07:38 AM
Bit of a punt upfield TBF :-)

Certainly it is, without Dennis' finish. That's why decent strikers are so important; they make everyone else look good.