PDA

View Full Version : So, Jeremy Paxman calls the BBC biased, politically correct and calls for licence fee

Burney
07-03-2017, 08:43 AM
to be scrapped.

While I wholeheartedly agree with all these sentiments, his stance might carry rather more weight if he hadn't spent several decades rinsing the licence fee payer for every penny he could.

Sir C
07-03-2017, 08:47 AM
to be scrapped.

While I wholeheartedly agree with all these sentiments, his stance might carry rather more weight if he hadn't spent several decades rinsing the licence fee payer for every penny he could.

He is merely a pragmatist. Who in their right mind would miss the opportunity of sucking from the teat?

Burney
07-03-2017, 08:48 AM
He is merely a pragmatist. Who in their right mind would miss the opportunity of sucking from the teat?

I suppose so, but it still rankles somewhat.

Does this mean he'll no longer be allowed to do University Challenge? :-(

Sir C
07-03-2017, 08:53 AM
I suppose so, but it still rankles somewhat.

Does this mean he'll no longer be allowed to do University Challenge? :-(

Rude fúcker. I'd be delighted if he were binned, personally.

I sat behind him once at a production of 'Journey's End'. He was with a child; grandchild perhaps? He spent the whole of the play explaining what was going in in a loud whisper to the poor little brat.

Wánker.

Burney
07-03-2017, 08:55 AM
Rude fúcker. I'd be delighted if he were binned, personally.

I sat behind him once at a production of 'Journey's End'. He was with a child; grandchild perhaps? He spent the whole of the play explaining what was going in in a loud whisper to the poor little brat.

Wánker.

I quite like it when he scorns young people for their ignorance, tbh.

Talking of RC Sherriff, I only found out the other day that he wrote the script for The Dambusters.

Sir C
07-03-2017, 08:58 AM
I quite like it when he scorns young people for their ignorance, tbh.

Talking of RC Sherrif, I only found out the other day that he wrote the script for The Dambusters.

Goodbye Mr Chips, as well. Yes, he could definitely wield a pencil to good effect.

redgunamo
07-03-2017, 09:44 AM
to be scrapped.

Yes, it's all about denunciation nowadays, not renunciation. Understandable, I suppose, even if annoying.

Ash
07-03-2017, 09:51 AM
Yes, it's all about denunciation nowadays, not renunciation. Understandable, I suppose, even if annoying.

I thought the BBC was supposed to be all about enunciation. :shrug:

Luis Anaconda
07-03-2017, 09:54 AM

Can people just leave the fecking nuns out of it altogether?

redgunamo
07-03-2017, 10:07 AM

No, it hasn't been for years, I'm afraid.

Jim Biddulph :love: