Pat Vegas
06-27-2017, 09:34 AM
:yawn:

I miss moaning about Arsenal.

SWv2
06-27-2017, 09:48 AM

About 1 week before we sign a player in a panic buy.

:cooper:

Luis Anaconda
06-27-2017, 09:53 AM

Thomas Lemar in the bag - I've read it on Twitter

Sir C
06-27-2017, 10:02 AM

We report back for pre-season training opn Monday, apparently.

I'm going to moan like a ******* if we sell any nice young gentlemen like Chambo. Or Wilsh.

I hope we sign no one. I don't want other teams' players, I want our players. Nice ones. With kind faces.

SWv2
06-27-2017, 10:11 AM
Thomas Lemar in the bag - I've read it on Twitter

Indeed, seems to be doing the rounds.

Lacazette, Lemar and Goretzka.

#champions#4th#maybe

SWv2
06-27-2017, 10:11 AM

I'm going to moan like a ******* if we sell any nice young gentlemen like Chambo. Or Wilsh.

I hope we sign no one. I don't want other teams' players, I want our players. Nice ones. With kind faces.

Please desist with this annual nonsense.

And I am not being rude so please don't read it as such.

World's End Stella
06-27-2017, 10:12 AM

Cesc was once another team's player you silly old goat.

And, of course, he is now as well. :-)

Sir C
06-27-2017, 10:15 AM
Please desist with this annual nonsense.

And I am not being rude so please don't read it as such.

You're telling me to stop expressing an honest feeling, sw?

Why are you oppressing me?

Sir C
06-27-2017, 10:16 AM
Cesc was once another team's player you silly old goat.

And, of course, he is now as well. :-)

Cesc will always be our player, wes. Our captain, our heartbeat.

It's like when I die. I may be gone physically, but I will live on forever in your heart and your soul.

Pokster
06-27-2017, 10:18 AM
Cesc will always be our player, wes. Our captain, our heartbeat.

It's like when I die. I may be gone physically, but I will live on forever in your heart and your soul.

:nono: He'll be thinking of you when he attends Mrs C's new wedding 3 mths after you have gone..... then we'll all forget who you even were

SWv2
06-27-2017, 10:23 AM
You're telling me to stop expressing an honest feeling, sw?

Why are you oppressing me?

I am not oppressing you at all, simply as our Canadian colleague has pointed out, our players become our players when they join us.

We need new players.

:shrug:

Sir C
06-27-2017, 10:24 AM
I am not oppressing you at all, simply as our Canadian colleague has pointed out, our players become our players when they join us.

We need new players.

Don't like it. Shan't. :-(

Billy Goat Sverige
06-27-2017, 10:29 AM

We need new players.

I wish we could get rid of some as well, like Walcott. Hate him.

Ash
06-27-2017, 11:19 AM
I wish we could get rid of some as well, like Walcott. Hate him.

A lot will be going. So many that I expect we have to keep Theon just to keep up the homegrown quota in the squard.

Debuchy, Blenkinsop, Gibbs, Wilshere, Perez, Alexis, Giroud, Elneny, Campbell, Sanogo. Ox :-(

Pat Vegas
06-27-2017, 11:22 AM
A lot will be going. So many that I expect we have to keep Theon just to keep up the homegrown quota in the squard.

Debuchy, Blenkinsop, Gibbs, Wilshere, Perez, Alexis, Giroud, Elneny, Campbell, Sanogo. Ox :-(

don't forget Sir Chesney.

That's an full 11 and a sub's worth of players leaving.

SWv2
06-27-2017, 11:26 AM

Caramel soy lattés for all round Theo's gaff.

Billy Goat Sverige
06-27-2017, 11:29 AM

Alexis and Giroud are the only ones worth giving a **** about really. Ox seems to have this idea that he can play in central midfield, so if that's what he wants let him go and look a tit in someone else's midfield.

SWv2
06-27-2017, 11:31 AM

Going nowhere.

Alberto Balsam Rodriguez
06-27-2017, 11:33 AM

Shirley, the season starts 2 weeks before the panic buys?

Billy Goat Sverige
06-27-2017, 11:34 AM
Going nowhere.

You think Giroud will want to stay with Lacazette coming here?

Alberto Balsam Rodriguez
06-27-2017, 11:38 AM

Not adding Ozil to that bucket list?

I'd have thought he'd be desperate to get away from Monty

SWv2
06-27-2017, 11:39 AM
You think Giroud will want to stay with Lacazette coming here?

Maybe not but I don't think AW will really want to sell him.

I’m not sure Lacazette is as clear cut as the media may have us believing. Their chairman is an awkward bugger to deal with and at some point AW will walk away on the basis of his valuation being exceeded.

Suppose it all depends on the lad Sanchez going or staying, we would not pony the money for Lacazette last summer so to now go an extra 10m-20m seems odd though our needs may have changed.

Pat Vegas
06-27-2017, 11:41 AM
Not adding Ozil to that bucket list?

I'd have thought he'd be desperate to get away from Monty

When Monty says he lives next to Ozil does that really mean he lives next to him if you get in the car and drive for 10 minutes.

Billy Goat Sverige
06-27-2017, 11:46 AM
Maybe not but I don't think AW will really want to sell him.

I’m not sure Lacazette is as clear cut as the media may have us believing. Their chairman is an awkward bugger to deal with and at some point AW will walk away on the basis of his valuation being exceeded.

Suppose it all depends on the lad Sanchez going or staying, we would not pony the money for Lacazette last summer so to now go an extra 10m-20m seems odd though our needs may have changed.

I don't see the link between Lacazette and Sanchez to be honest. Both can play in the same team and play in different positions. Wenger clearly doesn't rate Giroud highly enough to play him every week, otherwise he wouldn't have picked Danny ****ing Welbeck ahead of him so i don't see us going into the new season with those two as our main striker options even if Sanchez stays. As for what they valued him at last year compared to this, we do have about £40m extra to play with this summer and one of our signings came on a free, so i imagine there's around £100m or so in the budget and they'll probably sign two more players. Last year £100m had to go on a centre back, centre mid and a striker so that might have been why they didn't want to stump up £50m+ for Lacazette.

Just a theory of course. Nobody really knows.

SWv2
06-27-2017, 11:59 AM
I don't see the link between Lacazette and Sanchez to be honest. Both can play in the same team and play in different positions. Wenger clearly doesn't rate Giroud highly enough to play him every week, otherwise he wouldn't have picked Danny ****ing Welbeck ahead of him so i don't see us going into the new season with those two as our main striker options even if Sanchez stays. As for what they valued him at last year compared to this, we do have about £40m extra to play with this summer and one of our signings came on a free, so i imagine there's around £100m or so in the budget and they'll probably sign two more players. Last year £100m had to go on a centre back, centre mid and a striker so that might have been why they didn't want to stump up £50m+ for Lacazette.

You know as well as I do that the fact we may have an extra 40m or whatever means nothing when it comes to Arsenal. That 40m would sit very nicely in the bank.

You correctly point out that none of us know what is going to happen. I myself simply don’t see Wenger as the 50m-60m striker type, much more suited to cheaper options, last summer for example with Vardy and ultimately Perez.

He will see Sanchez, Giroud, Walcott and Welbeck as options. Now two of them leave and things change.

Alberto Balsam Rodriguez
06-27-2017, 12:10 PM
When Monty says he lives next to Ozil does that really mean he lives next to him if you get in the car and drive for 10 minutes.

That Monty nose where Ozil may live should set off alarm bells?

Ash
06-27-2017, 12:18 PM

No, Ozil really does live a few minutes walk from Monty. On the same road. Obviously one lives in a mansion with sports cars outside and the other lives in an ex-council flat with a fiat panda.

IUFG
06-27-2017, 12:19 PM

I miss moaning about arsenal.

Wenger aaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaahhhhhhhhhhtt!

Ash
06-27-2017, 12:36 PM

A reasonable theory. It looks like Perez was "Oh god I have to pretend to sign a striker just to shut these whiny phuckers up". Obviously we don't see him in training and so on but the way he was shunned despite making a contribution when he did play looked like a classic Wenger freeze-out.

SWv2
06-27-2017, 12:46 PM
A reasonable theory. It looks like Perez was "Oh god I have to pretend to sign a striker just to shut these whiny phuckers up". Obviously we don't see him in training and so on but the way he was shunned despite making a contribution when he did play looked like a classic Wenger freeze-out.

I have always categorized Welbeck as such also.

redgunamo
06-28-2017, 02:27 PM
..whiny phuckers..".

:-| ..........

Ash
06-28-2017, 02:42 PM
:-| ..........

He's been trying to get a proper centre-forward for years, you know.

https://arseblog.com/2017/06/striker-it-lucky/

redgunamo
06-28-2017, 02:58 PM
He's been trying to get a proper centre-forward for years, you know.

https://arseblog.com/2017/06/striker-it-lucky/

Well, obviously. We just couldn't really afford to buy a proper one from the transfer market barrel and never got lucky with a suitable one falling off the London Colney academy tree.

SWv2
06-28-2017, 03:19 PM
Well, obviously. We just couldn't really afford to buy a proper one from the transfer market barrel and never got lucky with a suitable one falling off the London Colney academy tree.

Should have signed Higuain at the time. Silly.

redgunamo
06-28-2017, 03:26 PM
Should have signed Higuain at the time. Silly.

But understandable that we didn't; massive risk, if money is an issue.

Özil Made far more sense, from that point of view. There's about a million times less pressure on fanny-dancing fairies than there is on talisman goalscorers.

SWv2
06-28-2017, 03:29 PM
But understandable that we didn't; massive risk, if money is an issue.

Özil Made far more sense, from that point of view. There's about a million times less pressure on fanny-dancing fairies than there is on talisman goalscorers.

I think he ended up costing Napoli the same as we offered Liverpool for Suarez so money alone was not the issue. We felt wronged by RM putting up the price. Sometimes in (modern) football you just have to pay up.

I can’t even remember which one of our list of strikers we made do with at the time. Giroud?

redgunamo
06-28-2017, 03:48 PM
.. you just have to pay up.

No, you bloody don't! You go without or you make do with what you have or you get something else.

Just have to pay up indeed. No wonder the world is in such a mess :-(

SWv2
06-28-2017, 03:57 PM
No, you bloody don't! You go without or you make do with what you have or you get something else.

Selective quoting there R. As I said in the original post "Sometimes in (modern) football you just have to pay up.

Now, don't make me kill you.

Luis Anaconda
06-28-2017, 03:57 PM

Quite right, r. SW is one of these spoilt youngsters who is very good at spending other people's money

redgunamo
06-28-2017, 04:14 PM
Selective quoting there R. As I said in the original post "Sometimes in (modern) football you just have to pay up.

Now, don't make me kill you.

Alright. Yes, selective, I admit it. But the point is, you never have to just pay up. Never.

And please don't kill me.

redgunamo
06-28-2017, 04:20 PM
Quite right, r. SW is one of these spoilt youngsters who is very good at spending other people's money

I get enough of that sort of thing at home :-(

redgunamo
06-28-2017, 04:59 PM

Right. We're not going to get rid of anybody; we're going to stick together, just like it used to be. When you side with a man, you stay with him and if you can't do that, you're like some animal. You're finished. We're finished, all of us!

As the man said.

Sir C
06-28-2017, 05:17 PM
Right. We're not going to get rid of anybody; we're going to stick together, just like it used to be. When you side with a man, you stay with him and if you can't do that, you're like some animal. You're finished. We're finished, all of us!

As the man said.

Let us make our final stand here, r. Back to back, we shall give and expect no quarter. Choking on our own blood, we shall die like gentlemen.

Here. Take my hand.

redgunamo
06-29-2017, 07:45 AM
Let us make our final stand here, r. Back to back, we shall give and expect no quarter. Choking on our own blood, we shall die like gentlemen.

Here. Take my hand.

:nod: Zum letzten Mal wird Sturmalarm geblasen; zum Kampfe steh'n wir alle schon bereit!

71 Guns - channeling the spirit of Mr Hat
06-29-2017, 07:48 AM
:nod: Zum letzten Mal wird Sturmalarm geblasen; zum Kampfe steh'n wir alle schon bereit!
That's easy for you to say.

redgunamo
06-29-2017, 07:53 AM
Rather like your mum.

That's easy for you to say.

Sir C
06-29-2017, 08:01 AM

Dying for the cause is one thing, r. Blasen is quite another.

redgunamo
06-29-2017, 08:29 AM
Dying for the cause is one thing, r. Blasen is quite another.

May as well enjoy it, is perhaps the thinking there.