PDA

View Full Version : If we could swap drama queen Alexis for world class striker Aguero, do we do it?

Rich
06-26-2017, 10:32 AM
Aguero, Mbappe Ozil. Talk about front threes!

Billy Goat Sverige
06-26-2017, 10:34 AM

Obviously.

Pokster
06-26-2017, 10:35 AM

Why would SA want to play for us in the EL??? All due respect, I think he would want to go to a "bigger" club

Rich
06-26-2017, 10:36 AM
Obviously.

Well apparently Pep is up for it. Aguero is 29, though... Not going to be at his peak for much longer so would be a short term solution.

Tony C
06-26-2017, 10:56 AM
Maradona is a gooner innit...

:rolleyes:

Mo Britain less Europe
06-26-2017, 11:16 AM
I'd still go for Aubemyang

redgunamo
06-28-2017, 02:38 PM

It could work out, I suppose, but it certainly doesn't sound good, at face value. After all, if Kun is no longer "good enough" for Manchester City, why would we want him. We are supposedly trying to play the same way as they are, in principle.

Ash
06-28-2017, 02:40 PM
It could work out, I suppose, but it certainly doesn't sound good, at face value. After all, if Kun is no longer "good enough" for Manchester City, why would we want him. We are supposedly trying to play the same way as they are, in principle.

Reminds me of the other scenario where we trade in France's #1 striker for one lower down the spool.

The Rob2
06-28-2017, 02:51 PM
That is just what we need another crock! Him and Wilsh can be bezzie mates in the Diaby suite

redgunamo
06-28-2017, 03:03 PM
Reminds me of the other scenario where we trade in France's #1 striker for one lower down the spool.

Anelka for Suker still rankles.

This would be somewhat worse though because it's one thing to be bantered off by Real Madrid and quite another to receive the same dismissive, high-handed treatment from Manchester City.

Ash
06-28-2017, 03:05 PM
Anelka for Suker still rankles.

Anelka for Henry, surely.

Tony C
06-28-2017, 03:09 PM
How about Suker in the UEFA Cup final...brought him with minutes left just to score a penalty and misses

Forget all those fancy goals of his...give me a Kim kallstrom type all day long...he buried his own vs Wigan...that was worth more that his salary we paid him :cloud9:

eastgermanautos
06-28-2017, 04:09 PM
How about Suker in the UEFA Cup final...brought him with minutes left just to score a penalty and misses

Forget all those fancy goals of his...give me a Kim kallstrom type all day long...he buried his own vs Wigan...that was worth more that his salary we paid him :cloud9:

Aguero can't stay healthy, my only thing. Besides, as much as I hate to say it, Sanchez is pretty danged good.

The Rob2
06-28-2017, 04:09 PM
Aguero can't stay healthy, my only thing. Besides, as much as I hate to say it, Sanchez is pretty danged good.

why do you hate to say it?

redgunamo
06-28-2017, 04:24 PM
why do you hate to say it?

Because Alexis is a big bully, R, and ought to be thrown out of the club immediately for upsetting all the homos and snowflakes in our dressing room. Haven't you heard.

The Rob2
06-28-2017, 04:27 PM
Because Alexis is a big bully, R, and ought to be thrown out of the club immediately for upsetting all the homos and snowflakes in our dressing room. Haven't you heard.

Henry used to get a bit of a mood on didn't he - if only we got rid of him before the invincibles year and all that nonsense!

redgunamo
06-28-2017, 04:33 PM
Henry used to get a bit of a mood on didn't he - if only we got rid of him before the invincibles year and all that nonsense!

It's a crying shame really, what people have become.

Ash
06-28-2017, 04:36 PM

That and the fact that in some games he gives the ball away on average every four minutes.

Not that I want him to go.

redgunamo
06-28-2017, 04:48 PM
That and the fact that in some games he gives the ball away on average every four minutes.

Not that I want him to go.

He's really not good enough for us, do you mean? We need better?

Ash
06-28-2017, 04:55 PM
He's really not good enough for us, do you mean? We need better?

He's a diva. Superb but comes at a cost. :shrug:

redgunamo
06-28-2017, 05:10 PM
He's a diva. Superb but comes at a cost. :shrug:

If he's superb, shouldn't we be picking on the others who are less than superb, rather than him? Don't you suspect that you may be barking up the wrong tree with this when that notorious couldn't-care-less-about-possession-long-ball-extremist Pep Gward reportedly wants him?

Ash
06-28-2017, 06:32 PM
If he's superb, shouldn't we be picking on the others who are less than superb, rather than him? Don't you suspect that you may be barking up the wrong tree with this when that notorious couldn't-care-less-about-possession-long-ball-extremist Pep Gward reportedly wants him?

I don't think I'm barking at or picking on anyone tbh. Just pointing to a balanced analysis. :-)

redgunamo
06-28-2017, 06:50 PM
I don't think I'm barking at or picking on anyone tbh. Just pointing to a balanced analysis. :-)

Fair enough.

For the record, I'd be happy (obviously not really, but you know what I mean) for us to sell Alexis to them for a hundert million quid. Likewise, I wouldn't (couldn't!) complain were we to buy Kun from them for a similar sum, if that's what Wenger wanted to do.

A swap deal like the one mooted though, stinks, from our point of view.

Which obviously means it's actually going to happen, doesn't it :-(

Yesterday Once More
06-28-2017, 08:20 PM
Bayern Munich's new signing is going to be seriously burned out when he eventually joins them.....

Yesterday Once More
06-28-2017, 08:25 PM
Well apparently Pep is up for it. Aguero is 29, though... Not going to be at his peak for much longer so would be a short term solution.

29?! Should have 3 more years at the top. Ibrohimovic is 35, and has been scoring goals for fun with no sign of slowing down

barrybueno
06-29-2017, 12:03 AM

How about Gordon McQueen for lorenzo's oil?

I really shouldnt do marching powder on a school night :hehe: