PDA

View Full Version : It seems the new US Ambassador to the Court of St James will be 'Woody Johnson'

Burney
06-23-2017, 11:22 AM
Now I could be wrong, but aren't both those names American slang terms for the membrum virile? :rubchin:

What odd fellows our American cousins are, to be sure.

redgunamo
06-23-2017, 11:29 AM
Now I could be wrong, but aren't both those names American slang terms for the membrum virile? :rubchin:

Revenge for us sending them a chap called "Kim", I suppose :-|

Burney
06-23-2017, 11:31 AM
Revenge for us sending them a chap called "Kim", I suppose :-|

Yes. You'd have thought we'd be a bit wary of chaps called Kim being given senior diplomatic roles in Washington after that very unfortunate Philby business, really.

Even so, to have one name that is slang for the penïs is unfortunate. To have two begins to look like carelessness.

7sisters
06-23-2017, 11:45 AM
On the other hand his parents may have thought the whole thing a total hoot in one of those phnaar phnaar type moments.
Lest we forget our own tragically named Paul Dickov. How that poor lad must have suffered on his journey to adulthood and beyond.

Ash
06-23-2017, 12:01 PM

Maybe his middle name is 'Randy'.

Burney
06-23-2017, 01:11 PM
On the other hand his parents may have thought the whole thing a total hoot in one of those phnaar phnaar type moments.
Lest we forget our own tragically named Paul Dickov. How that poor lad must have suffered on his journey to adulthood and beyond.

I'm generally quite sympathetic to those with vaguely genital surnames, tbh. :-\

Burney
06-23-2017, 01:12 PM

Yes. Imagine being called 'Randy' and having a funny surname.

Fortunately, such a thing would never happen in a sane universe.

Peter
06-23-2017, 01:13 PM
Yes. Imagine being called 'Randy' and having a funny surname.

Fortunately, such a thing would never happen in a sane universe.

God it is slow on here today. :D

Burney
06-23-2017, 01:19 PM
God it is slow on here today. :D

Friday, innit. WES has probably knocked off for the day, Sir C's off motorboating, LA's in Germany and they all fück off on a Friday afternoon.

Luis Anaconda
06-23-2017, 01:25 PM
Friday, innit. WES has probably knocked off for the day, Sir C's off motorboating, LA's in Germany and they all fück off on a Friday afternoon.

:nono: I'm always here late on a Friday, b. All the Germans **** off, so we start drinking around 3.30 :)

SWv2
06-23-2017, 01:51 PM

There was a discussion on the radio just the other day about some US political brouhaha or another.

Chap called "Newt" so I googled him.

Newt Gingrich.

For real.

Luis Anaconda
06-23-2017, 01:55 PM
There was a discussion on the radio just the other day about some US political brouhaha or another.

Newt Gingrich.

For real.

He ran for president once - vote for Newt indeed. Sadly the US is not a nation of Fink-Nottles (or Ken Livingstones) and thus he had no chance

Pat Vegas
06-23-2017, 02:18 PM

Newt Gingrich.

For real.

:hehe: I also came across this person a while back.

http://www.awimb.com/showthread.php?596210-Why-they-have-such-peculiar-names-in-the-US-What-exactly-is-a-Rush-Limbaugh&highlight=Newt+Gingrich

redgunamo
06-23-2017, 02:49 PM

Newt Gingrich.

For real.

Short for "Newton", innit.

redgunamo
06-23-2017, 02:50 PM
He ran for president once - vote for Newt indeed. Sadly the US is not a nation of Fink-Nottles (or Ken Livingstones) and thus he had no chance

I'd vote for dear old Gussie any day of the week.

Luis Anaconda
06-23-2017, 02:55 PM
I'd vote for dear old Gussie any day of the week.

Above Spode definitely

Chief Arrowhead
06-25-2017, 04:08 AM

Unfortunately, Richard Stroker is a Democrat.