PDA

View Full Version : Chambers or Holding or both?

The Insider
06-22-2017, 08:07 PM
Watching our Callum keep our Rob out of each of the three U21 Group matches as been interesting.

Should we keep both or let one go?

Sorry if this is boringly 'on-topic'!
:titles:

eastgermanautos
06-22-2017, 09:39 PM
Watching our Callum keep our Rob out of each of the three U21 Group matches as been interesting.

Chambers isn't even with us any more, I don't think.

The Insider
06-23-2017, 05:34 AM
He is back after his loan spell with 'Boro. Apparently Saints want him back for £12m. I'd only do it if it included Van Dijk.

Luis Anaconda
06-23-2017, 08:03 AM

U
Keep both - three man central defence will give plenty of opportunities. The fact that they are both still playing U21 level shows how much developing they have to do

Mo Britain less Europe
06-23-2017, 08:18 AM
Despite not playing in this tournament Holding is already the better player, largely due to his confidence. I haven't given up on Chambers and would try to keep both but if one has to go.....

redgunamo
06-23-2017, 09:29 AM
Despite not playing in this tournament Holding is already the better player, largely due to his confidence. I haven't given up on Chambers and would try to keep both but if one has to go.....

Funny old game though, innit. Chambers joined a squad that qualified for the Champions League every season and failed to convince; Holding plays for a squad that didn't qualify for the first time in ages and yet folk say he's done better.

Peter
06-23-2017, 09:46 AM

Could argue that Holding is further along because he played first team football consistently for Bolton before joining us. Chambers was very, very green when he arrived.

Keeping both is a no-brainer imo. I think there is potentially a very good player in both.

Peter
06-23-2017, 09:48 AM
Funny old game though, innit. Chambers joined a squad that qualified for the Champions League every season and failed to convince; Holding plays for a squad that didn't qualify for the first time in ages and yet folk say he's done better.

Although Holding wasn't in the side when they were struggling and Chambers wasn't playing regularly in the side that qualified. So not that funny. Amusing, perhaps.

redgunamo
06-23-2017, 09:52 AM
Although Holding wasn't in the side when they were struggling and Chambers wasn't playing regularly in the side that qualified. So not that funny. Amusing, perhaps.

Right. Fair enough; one struggled to get into a side that qualified and the other is considered a decent prospect for a side that didn't.

Most amusing :-|

Peter
06-23-2017, 09:57 AM
Right. Fair enough; one struggled to get into a side that qualified and the other is considered a decent prospect for a side that didn't.

Most amusing :-|

Fair to say that the relative performances of each player had little effect on the team's overall outcome that season.

Holding has done better.

redgunamo
06-23-2017, 10:02 AM
Holding has done better.

You mean you just like him better? :-)

Peter
06-23-2017, 10:14 AM
You mean you just like him better? :-)

I mean most people like him better.

Nobody cares what I think, including me :p

SWv2
06-23-2017, 01:46 PM