PDA

View Full Version : In my never ending search at looking at houses. You think you find a good won

Pat Vegas
06-22-2017, 10:05 AM
the price is right, enough bedrooms, nice garden,

Oh but look the Bathroom is downstairs next to the front door or behind the kitchen.
Who's bright idea was that.
:-(

Billy Goat Sverige
06-22-2017, 10:13 AM
the price is right, enough bedrooms, nice garden,

Oh but look the Bathroom is downstairs next to the front door or behind the kitchen.
Who's bright idea was that.
:-(

We've started looking at houses. We've two options. Pay around £300,000 for a 3/4 bedroom house on an island within a 10 minute walk of a beach and only 15 minutes from the city by car, or go inland a bit and buy a house right next to a lake for about £100,000 less and then buy a boat at some point in the future but it's a 40 minute drive away from the city. The idea of taking a boat out on the lake interests me but at the same time i'd only use it for about 3 months and i ****ing hate living in the countryside.

Pat Vegas
06-22-2017, 10:16 AM
We've started looking at houses. We've two options. Pay around £300,000 for a 3/4 bedroom house on an island within a 10 minute walk of a beach and only 15 minutes from the city by car, or go inland a bit and buy a house right next to a lake for about £100,000 less and then buy a boat at some point in the future but it's a 40 minute drive away from the city. The idea of taking a boat out on the lake interests me but at the same time i'd only use it for about 3 months and i ****ing hate living in the countryside.

What are the places like over there? do they have space?
unlike here where most bedrooms once you put a bed in you can't even walk around it.

Burney
06-22-2017, 10:18 AM
unlike here where most bedrooms once you put a bed in you can't even walk around it.

Have you considered burning your current place down and being rehoused in luxury at the taxpayers' expense?

Pat Vegas
06-22-2017, 10:22 AM
Have you considered burning your current place down and being rehoused in luxury at the taxpayers' expense?

:nod: #cladding I love how everyone is a fire expert now. 'it was the cladding' a bit like Iraq war was about 'the oil'

Burney I am stuck with the same areas coming up over and over again in my search.
Harlow, Grays, Basildon, Pitsea.

I may have to take a chance. If I am going to commit to this sort of thing I want a house not a flat. What to do? :-(

Billy Goat Sverige
06-22-2017, 10:23 AM

The bedrooms are usually quite a nice size. Big enough at least to get a bed and wardrobes in the smallest room.

This is the sort of thing we're looking to get https://www.maklarhuset.se/bostad/sverige/vasternorrland/stode/sornedansjo/313570?referrer=hemnet sornedansjo-237-11731156, although this one has been bid up about £100,000 on the listed price. This is what i ****ing HATE about the Swedish housing market. They list them at prices that encourages bidding wars and the houses end up going for way more than listed.

the splendor of antigone
06-22-2017, 10:23 AM
Have you considered burning your current place down* and being rehoused in luxury at the taxpayers' expense?

* at the expense of seeing your relatives, friends, and neighbours burned to a crisp, suffering from various degrees of burns, getting lung cancer from the inhalation of smoke, and living with a bit of trauma

Pat Vegas
06-22-2017, 10:27 AM
* at the expense of seeing your relatives, friends, and neighbours burned to a crisp, suffering from various degrees of burns, getting lung cancer from the inhalation of smoke, and living with a bit of trauma

I don't like my neighbours and none of my family or friends live near me.
Where's my matches?

Peter
06-22-2017, 10:27 AM

:-D Bit harsh, but quite funny

Burney
06-22-2017, 10:31 AM
:nod: #cladding I love how everyone is a fire expert now. 'it was the cladding' a bit like Iraq war was about 'the oil'

Burney I am stuck with the same areas coming up over and over again in my search.
Harlow, Grays, Basildon, Pitsea.

I may have to take a chance. If I am going to commit to this sort of thing I want a house not a flat. What to do? :-(

Harlow? Grays? Basildon? These can't be good ideas, f. :-(

As far as I can make out, Harlow is a vast retail park in which people also apparently live.

Pat Vegas
06-22-2017, 10:32 AM
Harlow? Grays? Basildon? These can't be good ideas, f. :-(

As far as I can make out, Harlow is a vast retail park in which people also apparently live.

Can't afford anywhere else really whilst still working in London. Unless I am missing some areas. I don't have Monty Money.

Burney
06-22-2017, 10:33 AM

Why would one's relatives be living in the same building as one? Are we in Africa? Also, I've never had a neighbour whose very existence I didn't resent, so their fiery deaths would simply be a bonus.

Burney
06-22-2017, 10:34 AM
Can't afford anywhere else really. Unless I am missing some areas. I don't have Monty Money.

Have you looked at Herts? Even Cheshunt would be preferable to Harlow.

Billy Goat Sverige
06-22-2017, 10:35 AM
Can't afford anywhere else really. Unless I am missing some areas. I don't have Monty Money.

I used to live in Grays. Don't go near the town centre. Stifford Clays is a better area in Grays. Benfleet is also better than Basildon and just next to it.

Peter
06-22-2017, 10:37 AM

Still.... 24 hour concierge, private cinema and swimming pool.

Every cloud an all that.....

Peter
06-22-2017, 10:38 AM
Why would one's relatives be living in the same building as one? Are we in Africa? Also, I've never had a neighbour whose very existence I didn't resent, so their fiery deaths would simply be a bonus.

Struggling to argue with your final sentence......

Pat Vegas
06-22-2017, 10:38 AM
Have you looked at Herts? Even Cheshunt would be preferable to Harlow.

Had a look at Cheshunt. I can only sort of find nice 2 bed flats for the same money or a few old fashioned narrow terraced houses.
I want a garden at 3 rooms ideally. I could afford more but the deposit is the issue,

Billy Goat Sverige
06-22-2017, 10:41 AM
Still.... 24 hour concierge, private cinema and swimming pool.

Every cloud an all that.....

I read that they're not getting access to those services. I guarantee you there will be some complaints about that. Actually forget some, many complaints.

Pat Vegas
06-22-2017, 10:43 AM
I read that they're not getting access to those services. I guarantee you there will be some complaints about that. Actually forget some, many complaints.

I'd be ****ing furious if I had bought a place there and they moved in.

Pat Vegas
06-22-2017, 10:44 AM
I used to live in Grays. Don't go near the town centre. Stifford Clays is a better area in Grays. Benfleet is also better than Basildon and just next to it.

:thumbup: I will look closer.

Peter
06-22-2017, 10:45 AM

Those kids will be screaming in that pool from day one. The private cinema will be screening Disney 24/7 to a background soundtrack of slurping, munching and that atrocious noise people make when drinking the last dregs of their giant drink through a straw.

Pat Vegas
06-22-2017, 10:45 AM
Those kids will be screaming in that pool from day one. The private cinema will be screening Disney 24/7 to a background soundtrack of slurping, munching and that atrocious noise people make when drinking the last dregs of their giant drink through a straw.

and any new fridge delivery will be treated with suspicion.

Burney
06-22-2017, 10:46 AM

The current residents are - quite reasonably - kicking off at the idea of having to share their lovely new building with a variety of smoke-damaged pond life. Inevitably, they are being criticised for it by those who won't have to live anywhere near these people.

http://www.telegraph.co.uk/news/2017/06/22/luxury-flat-owners-criticised-unease-grenfell-families-moving/?utm_source=dlvr.it&utm_medium=twitter

Peter
06-22-2017, 10:46 AM
I'd be ****ing furious if I had bought a place there and they moved in.

Its a day of rage in the making.

Alberto Balsam Rodriguez
06-22-2017, 10:48 AM

A genuine LOL moment

Pat Vegas
06-22-2017, 10:49 AM
A genuine LOL moment

I wouldn't be surprised that someone will try this now and people will end up dead for it.
Sort of the arson rehousing version of hiding Shannon Matthews under the bed.

Burney
06-22-2017, 10:49 AM

Have you seen the film of JG Ballard's High Rise? It'll be that, basically. People will be barbecuing dogs in no time.

Pat Vegas
06-22-2017, 10:51 AM
Have you seen the film of JG Ballard's High Rise? It'll be that, basically. People will be barbecuing dogs in no time.

All the parking spaces taken by 10 year old+ Mercedes Benz or BMW saloons.

Old sofas dumped in the rubbish areas.

enormous satellite dishes stuck on the side of the building.

Billy Goat Sverige
The current residents are - quite reasonably - kicking off at the idea of having to share their lovely new building with a variety of smoke-damaged pond life. Inevitably, they are being criticised for it by those who won't have to live anywhere near these people.

http://www.telegraph.co.uk/news/2017/06/22/luxury-flat-owners-criticised-unease-grenfell-families-moving/?utm_source=dlvr.it&utm_medium=twitter

I mean you pay a premium for the post code. I come from a council estate and i myself would be ****ed off if i had to live next to people from a council estate. People make their money and move up in life. You don't ****ing spend millions to live near the riff raff. If i wanted that i'd save myself millions and ****ing live next to them in the first place. Hypothetically speaking of course. I wish i had £3m.

Peter

Hang on a minute. So the ones they have bought are actually the 'affordable housing' flats built alongside the luxury ones?

This is far less serious. If they are in a separate building and don't have access to the main one then it is far less worrying.

Ridiculous comments from Owen Jones. Makes himself look a right ****.

Peter
06-22-2017, 10:54 AM
I mean you pay a premium for the post code. I come from a council estate and i myself would be ****ed off if i had to live next to people from a council estate. People make their money and move up in life. You don't ****ing spend millions to live near the riff raff. If i wanted that i'd save myself millions and ****ing live next to them in the first place. Hypothetically speaking of course. I wish i had £3m.

I'm all for taxing people up the arse, I'm all for social justice etc etc. But you don't **** about with somebody's home. Surely that is something we continue to believe?

Burney
06-22-2017, 10:54 AM
Hang on a minute. So the ones they have bought are actually the 'affordable housing' flats built alongside the luxury ones?

This is far less serious. If they are in a separate building and don't have access to the main one then it is far less worrying.

Owen Jones is a right cünt. There is no 'look' about it.

I don't think the 'affordable' flats were ever meant to be affordable to the sort of people who were living in Grenfell, though. Their presence will still significantly damage these people's property prices and quality of life.

Burney
06-22-2017, 10:56 AM
I'm all for taxing people up the arse, I'm all for social justice etc etc. But you don't **** about with somebody's home. Surely that is something we continue to believe?

'We'? By 'we' I take it you don't mean the Labour Party, who were lobbying for just that recently.

Pokster
06-22-2017, 11:08 AM

Well unless he is a council tennant that wouldn't happen.. but you knew that

Pokster
06-22-2017, 11:12 AM

They have purchsed 68 flats for £10m so avg of £140k or so a flat.... sounds like a good deal to me

the splendor of antigone
06-22-2017, 11:23 AM
They have purchsed 68 flats for £10m so avg of £140k or so a flat.... sounds like a good deal to me

Think of the real victims in this tragedy; the rich folks who now have to endure seeing blacks with boomboxes when they drive off in their luxury cars to the fanciest luxury restaurants and the like. It doesn't bear thinking about :cry:

IUFG
06-22-2017, 11:29 AM
Think of the real victims in this tragedy; the rich folks who now have to endure seeing blacks with boomboxes when they drive off in their luxury cars to the fanciest luxury restaurants and the like. It doesn't bear thinking about :cry:

That might read as a leeeeeeeeeeeeeeeetle bit racist, tsoa

Burney
06-22-2017, 11:34 AM
That might read as a leeeeeeeeeeeeeeeetle bit racist, tsoa

Also, his racial stereotypes seem to be stuck in 1985. Who the fück still has a boombox?

Mind you, at least he didn't call it what we *actually* used to call those items back in the 80s. :hehe:

the splendor of antigone
06-22-2017, 11:44 AM
Also, his racial stereotypes seem to be stuck in 1985. Who the fück still has a boombox?

:hehe:
That's the joke, my friend.

IUFG
06-22-2017, 11:49 AM
That's the joke, my friend.

Watch an episode of Mind Your Language, that unequivocally proves racism isn't funny.

the splendor of antigone
06-22-2017, 11:57 AM
Watch an episode of Mind Your Language, that unequivocally proves racism isn't funny.

First of all, the comment you replied to was clearly very sarcastic. If you hadn't been around Bernie and Sir C for so long, I'm sure it would've been obvious to you. 'Blacks with boomboxes' was supposed to convey to the reader the image of an out-of-touch, bitter bigot.

Second of all, I think this madman is essentially right: https://www.youtube.com/results?search_query=zizek+racist+jokes

Luis Anaconda
06-22-2017, 12:07 PM

I think that just unequivocally proves that ITV comedies are funny (not including the New Statesman, Spitting Image, Whoops Apocalypse and Hot Metal)

Peter
06-22-2017, 12:21 PM
Owen Jones is a right cünt. There is no 'look' about it.

I don't think the 'affordable' flats were ever meant to be affordable to the sort of people who were living in Grenfell, though. Their presence will still significantly damage these people's property prices and quality of life.

There is a considerable difference between affordable housing and council housing. I get the damage to property price but surely the priority is not having to live with them. As long as they are in a separate building I think it is manageable.

Not great, obviously....

Peter
06-22-2017, 12:23 PM
'We'? By 'we' I take it you don't mean the Labour Party, who were lobbying for just that recently.

You know that is not my Labour Party. And I don't think '****ing around with people's homes' was a part of the manifesto....

redgunamo
06-22-2017, 12:29 PM

Mind you, at least he didn't call it what we *actually* used to call those items back in the 80s. :hehe:

Well, quite. Especially as, so I gather, the right sort of darkie has long since been in on the whole privilege laundering* scam in any case.

*Whatever that is but it sounds well.

Herbette Chapman - aged 15
06-22-2017, 12:30 PM

are not subject to the kind of sensitivities you mention.

IUFG
06-22-2017, 12:37 PM
First of all, the comment you replied to was clearly very sarcastic. If you hadn't been around Bernie and Sir C for so long, I'm sure it would've been obvious to you. 'Blacks with boomboxes' was supposed to convey to the reader the image of an out-of-touch, bitter bigot.

Second of all, I think this madman is essentially right: https://www.youtube.com/results?search_query=zizek+racist+jokes

Oh I see, it was my mistake :rolleyes:

redgunamo
06-22-2017, 12:40 PM

The more visible and intolerable, the better, I'd have thought? Otherwise how will everybody know the privation you're going through and what a decent and generous person you are for appearing to put up with it all.

the splendor of antigone
06-22-2017, 12:44 PM
are not subject to the kind of sensitivities you mention.

You mean the taxpayers? I agree, they shouldn't have to pay a dime. They should brutally murder whoever is responsible for the whole thing (the cladding, neglect, and all) and give whatever they owned (property, money) to the Grenfell people.

the splendor of antigone
06-22-2017, 12:46 PM
Oh I see, it was my mistake :rolleyes:

*characters

Herbette Chapman - aged 15
06-22-2017, 12:48 PM
I mean you pay a premium for the post code. I come from a council estate

Don't let your naybuz know your council Goats. They'll be slyly disparaging you at the dinner parties you will no longer be invited to.

redgunamo
06-22-2017, 01:34 PM
There is a considerable difference between affordable housing and council housing. I get the damage to property price but surely the priority is not having to live with them. As long as they are in a separate building I think it is manageable.

Not great, obviously....

Yes. Looked at properly, that's what shotguns and hounds are for. Such things seem out of fashion in London nowadays though :-\