PDA

View Full Version : The thing about this video is that it is sub-optimal for everyone involved

Monty92
06-22-2017, 09:23 AM
https://www.theguardian.com/australia-news/video/2017/jun/22/australian-senator-larissa-waters-breastfeeds-while-addressing-parliament-video

The baby is not getting the attention it needs, the woman is not giving her work the attention she needs and her colleagues are not getting the attention from her that they need.

Apart from that, breastfeeding at work is a fúcking great idea :rolleyes:

Luis Anaconda
06-22-2017, 09:25 AM
https://www.theguardian.com/australia-news/video/2017/jun/22/australian-senator-larissa-waters-breastfeeds-while-addressing-parliament-video

The baby is not getting the attention it needs, the woman is not giving her work the attention she needs and her colleagues are not getting the attention from her that they need.

The baby has a tit in its mouth - how much more attention does it ****ing need

Monty92
06-22-2017, 09:29 AM
The baby has a tit in its mouth - how much more attention does it ****ing need

I've spent enough time watching women breastfeed over the past 3 years to know that unless you are very lucky, the baby requires almost constant attention to make sure they are still latched on, adjusting your and their position, burping them, etc etc. The idea that you can do that with full concentration in a working environment is laughable.

Burney
06-22-2017, 09:30 AM

'LOOK AT ME!!!! I'VE GOT MY TIT OUT IN PARLIAMENT AND NO-ONE CAN SAY ANYTHING BECAUSE ANYONE WHO DARES SUGGEST THIS IS ANYTHING OTHER THAN THE MOST NATURAL THING IN THE WORLD AND THEREFORE GREAT IS INSTANTLY LABELLED AS A VILE MISOGYNIST!!! NEVER MIND THAT I CAN EASILY AFFORD CHILDCARE AND DON'T ACTUALLY HAVE TO BE DOING THIS AND AM USING MY BABY AS A PROP IN MY LITTLE ATTENTION-SEEKING STUNT!! I DARE YOU TO OBJECT!!! I DARE YOU!!!"

Ugh. What a cünt. :-(

Monty92
06-22-2017, 09:34 AM
'LOOK AT ME!!!! I'VE GOT MY TIT OUT IN PARLIAMENT AND NO-ONE CAN SAY ANYTHING BECAUSE ANYONE WHO DARES SUGGEST THIS IS ANYTHING OTHER THAN THE MOST NATURAL THING IN THE WORLD AND THEREFORE GREAT IS INSTANTLY LABELLED AS A VILE MISOGYNIST!!! NEVER MIND THAT I CAN EASILY AFFORD CHILDCARE AND DON'T ACTUALLY HAVE TO BE DOING THIS AND AM USING MY BABY AS A PROP IN MY LITTLE ATTENTION-SEEKING STUNT!! I DARE YOU TO OBJECT!!! I DARE YOU!!!"

To be fair, you can't get a childminder to breastfeed your baby.

But let's face it, women breastfeeding at work is not workable the second it becomes more than one or two women at any one time. So the inevitable and highly ironic consequence of encouraging it is that it will ultimately need to be banned.

Luis Anaconda
06-22-2017, 09:37 AM
I've spent enough time watching women breastfeed over the past 3 years to know that unless you are very lucky, the baby requires almost constant attention to make sure they are still latched on, adjusting your and their position, burping them, etc etc. The idea that you can do that with full concentration in a working environment is laughable.

Well, yes, of course, it is simply a **** publicity stunt as b outlines beautifully below. How many women have you been watching breastfeeding btw? Just your girlfriend or is this a new hobby?

Peter
06-22-2017, 09:39 AM

I think there are arguments on both sides here. I have no idea what they are and am not remotely ****ing interested in hearing them.

I hope that makes my position clear.

Burney
06-22-2017, 09:40 AM
To be fair, you can't get a childminder to breastfeed your baby.

But let's face it, women breastfeeding at work is not workable the second it becomes more than one or two women at any one time. So the inevitable and highly ironic consequence of encouraging it is that it will ultimately need to be banned.

No, but you can get them to feed your expressed breast milk to the baby - as millions of mothers do.

I get sick of this 'It's the most natural and healthy thing in the world' excuse for flopping your dugs out everywhere. So's farting, but you presumably don't expect everyone to be fine with you letting rip in the office, do you?

Monty92
06-22-2017, 09:41 AM
Well, yes, of course, it is simply a **** publicity stunt as b outlines beautifully below. How many women have you been watching breastfeeding btw? Just your girlfriend or is this a new hobby?

As a modern, reconstructed dad I spend a lot of time around mummies. Oh yes.

The hilarious thing is when they give you an accusing look because they think you're trying to sneak a peak at their tit , utterly oblivious to the fact that a breastfeeding mum - however attractive - is about as sexually alluring as, well, Diane Abbott.

Peter
06-22-2017, 09:42 AM
No, but you can get them to feed your expressed breast milk to the baby - as millions of mothers do.

I get sick of this 'It's the most natural and healthy thing in the world' excuse for flopping your dugs out everywhere. So's farting, but you presumably don't expect everyone to be fine with you letting rip in the office, do you?

I used to work with someone who openly burped and farted in the office. You kind of get used to it after a while.

Women can do what they want, b. Its the world we live in.

Monty92
06-22-2017, 09:43 AM

Expressing milk is a massive pain in the hole for a lot of mothers. I watched my missus try to do it for about 2 hours straight, resulting in her secreting more tears than actual milk.

Burney
06-22-2017, 09:46 AM
Expressing milk is a massive pain in the hole for a lot of mothers. I watched my missus try to do it for about 2 hours straight, resulting in her secreting more tears than actual milk.

Yes, well having a child is a massive pain in the hole - quite literally for women. That's the deal, I'm afraid. Nobody said it was supposed to be easy.

Burney
06-22-2017, 09:47 AM

The hilarious thing is when they give you an accusing look because they think you're trying to sneak a peak at their tit , utterly oblivious to the fact that a breastfeeding mum - however attractive - is about as sexually alluring as, well, Diane Abbott.

:nod: Most of the time you're trying to look away. That said, I did once know a chap who found the sight sexually arousing. Shame of it was, I'd rather liked him prior to discovering he was a monstrous deviant. :-(

Monty92
06-22-2017, 09:48 AM
Yes, well having a child is a massive pain in the hole - quite literally for women. That's the deal, I'm afraid. Nobody said it was supposed to be easy.

On a tangental note, I look forward to seeing the first virtue-signalling woman attempt to breastfeed in a mosque.

Luis Anaconda
06-22-2017, 09:49 AM

Yes - you have to look away, but look away in a way that doesn't look like you are looking away as looking away would look just as bad as looking. Even though, there is nothing to see, obviously

Billy Goat Sverige
06-22-2017, 09:49 AM

My girlfriend did it while we had to stay in the hospital (about 10 days) and she was like a ****ing dairy cow. The fridge on the premature ward was ****ing full to the brim with her milk. She stopped as soon as we got home but we still had enough milk to last another two weeks :hehe:

Peter
06-22-2017, 09:50 AM

But you can make it easier by letting them do whatever they want. As normal people who are happy to go about our day it is our job to make things easier for the people who struggle with literally ****ing everything, even if this means making 6 or 7 different toilets available for people who cant decide what the **** they are and resent having to choose.

Monty92
06-22-2017, 09:51 AM
My girlfriend did it while we had to stay in the hospital (about 10 days) and she was like a ****ing dairy cow. The fridge on the premature ward was ****ing full to the brim with her milk. She stopped as soon as we got home but we still had enough milk to last another two weeks :hehe:

Blimey. Are you sure your girlfriend isn't *actually* a dairy cow?

Peter
06-22-2017, 09:51 AM

Does it go off?

Billy Goat Sverige
06-22-2017, 09:52 AM
Does it go off?

You can freeze it for up to 6 months i think.

Monty92
06-22-2017, 09:52 AM
Does it go off?

Of course, but I think you can freeze it.

I drunk some once. It's very, very sweet. Perfectly pleasant though.

Burney
06-22-2017, 09:56 AM
But you can make it easier by letting them do whatever they want. As normal people who are happy to go about our day it is our job to make things easier for the people who struggle with literally ****ing everything, even if this means making 6 or 7 different toilets available for people who cant decide what the **** they are and resent having to choose.

Is it, though? Is it really? Oughtn't we perhaps to proffer them a pint of Harden The Fûck Up, cuff them lightly about the ear and send them on their way with a figurative kick to the arse? Wouldn't that be better?

Mind you, when it comes to women and childbirth, I do wonder whether the drop in mortality amongst birthing mothers has been altogether a good thing. The days when childbirth was even money between life and death made women a bit less fücking smug about it.

Burney
06-22-2017, 09:56 AM

You sick cünt :puke:

Luis Anaconda
06-22-2017, 09:57 AM

mmmm Mini Milks 657

Billy Goat Sverige
06-22-2017, 09:58 AM

The furthest i've gone is tasting the jarred food. Not that bad tbh.

Monty92
06-22-2017, 09:58 AM

Calm down, it wasn't jizz or piss. Just some titty food. You've probably accidentally drunk some in your time.

Burney
06-22-2017, 09:59 AM
mmmm Mini Milks 657

Can we not, please? The idea of consuming milk at all makes me queasy. The consumption of human milk by anyone over 2 is simply an abomination.

Burney
06-22-2017, 10:01 AM
Calm down, it wasn't jizz or piss. Just some titty food. You've probably accidentally drunk some in your time.

I most definitely have not. The consumption of piss or jizz would be an honest, noble pursuit compared to drinking tit milk.

Peter
06-22-2017, 10:06 AM
Is it, though? Is it really? Oughtn't we perhaps to proffer them a pint of Harden The Fûck Up, cuff them lightly about the ear and send them on their way with a figurative kick to the arse? Wouldn't that be better?

Mind you, when it comes to women and childbirth, I do wonder whether the drop in mortality amongst birthing mothers has been altogether a good thing. The days when childbirth was even money between life and death made women a bit less fücking smug about it.

I think the broader issue is making an individual's issues society's problem. If someone wants to delay a decision about whether they are a Bruce or a Sheila, or even believe that gender is fluid or any other garbage, it doesn't make any difference to me. I just don't see why it has to be my problem as well. I don't really see why I have to hear about it constantly or have a view on which bog they should use.

I am also getting a bit ****ing sick of being described as a 'pale male' at work.

Luis Anaconda
06-22-2017, 10:07 AM
Can we not, please? The idea of consuming milk at all makes me queasy. The consumption of human milk by anyone over 2 is simply an abomination.

But milk is lovely, b. I drink pints of it (cow's not human's). You're not becoming some sort of weirdo vegan are you?

Burney
06-22-2017, 10:10 AM
I think the broader issue is making an individual's issues society's problem. If someone wants to delay a decision about whether they are a Bruce or a Sheila, or even believe that gender is fluid or any other garbage, it doesn't make any difference to me. I just don't see why it has to be my problem as well. I don't really see why I have to hear about it constantly or have a view on which bog they should use.

I am also getting a bit ****ing sick of being described as a 'pale male' at work.

Not a 'stale pale male'? You must be doing something right. Or that's what they call you behind your back.

I, too, am all in favour of people being allowed to be as mad/useless as they bloody like. However, I am not in favour of legislation or other strictures being put in place to shield them from my scorn, ridicule or simple scrutiny. It is in this latter area that the problems arise.

Burney
06-22-2017, 10:11 AM
But milk is lovely, b. I drink pints of it (cow's not human's). You're not becoming some sort of weirdo vegan are you?

No adult human ought to be consuming large quantities of milk, la. Cheese and butter are fine. Milk is just weird.

I actually gag a little just thinking about having to drink milk. :-(

Luis Anaconda
06-22-2017, 10:22 AM
No adult human ought to be consuming large quantities of milk, la. Cheese and butter are fine. Milk is just weird.

I actually gag a little just thinking about having to drink milk. :-(

Quite clearly the weirdness is on your part there :shrug:

Peter
06-22-2017, 10:22 AM
Not a 'stale pale male'? You must be doing something right. Or that's what they call you behind your back.

I, too, am all in favour of people being allowed to be as mad/useless as they bloody like. However, I am not in favour of legislation or other strictures being put in place to shield them from my scorn, ridicule or simple scrutiny. It is in this latter area that the problems arise.

They quite like me, despite my pale maleness. I know how to handle the incredible volume of lesbians we have here and I also know how to act around foreign people. I get wheeled out every time we have foreign visitors.

The only area where I do annoy them is by pointing out, constantly, that our positive action around recruitment has yielded a thousand lesbians but not a single black person. Given the ethnic mix of the student population I thought it might be a good idea to encourage applications from minority ethnics (not ethnic minorities, that is now offensive).

Burney
06-22-2017, 11:11 AM
They quite like me, despite my pale maleness. I know how to handle the incredible volume of lesbians we have here and I also know how to act around foreign people. I get wheeled out every time we have foreign visitors.

The only area where I do annoy them is by pointing out, constantly, that our positive action around recruitment has yielded a thousand lesbians but not a single black person. Given the ethnic mix of the student population I thought it might be a good idea to encourage applications from minority ethnics (not ethnic minorities, that is now offensive).

I like the phrase 'incredible volume of lesbians'. Are we measuring them by volume now? Surely there ought to be a collective noun? :hehe:

Of course, I don't really believe in lesbians.

Pokster
06-22-2017, 11:14 AM

b is a public school boy isn't he??? Very likely he has tased jizz in his time then

Alberto Balsam Rodriguez
06-22-2017, 11:50 AM

Are any of these lesbians remotely attractive or do they conform to the stereotype?

Alberto Balsam Rodriguez
06-22-2017, 11:51 AM

from the tap?

Peter
06-22-2017, 12:19 PM
I like the phrase 'incredible volume of lesbians'. Are we measuring them by volume now? Surely there ought to be a collective noun? :hehe:

Of course, I don't really believe in lesbians.

I haven't managed to come up with a satisfactory collective noun. Nobody else wants to help but then they are all lesbians so that is understandable.

I know you don't believe in them. I watched one eat a burger the other day. It was quite terrifying.

redgunamo
06-22-2017, 12:43 PM

Yes, I understand the problem with minority ethnics is they lack essential cultural flavour so it's hardly worth the bother of getting them in, so you don't really get much credit for it.
:-\

Ash
06-22-2017, 01:09 PM
On a tangental note, I look forward to seeing the first virtue-signalling woman attempt to breastfeed in a mosque.

Men and women pray separately in mosques, I think.

Ash
06-22-2017, 01:14 PM

Even more disturbing to me is the idea of it being ok to have the baby in the office in the first place. It's bad enough when people bring their sprog in for a few minutes to parade it up and down to get all the oos and aas and general attention but to have it there all day? Like, screaming and shít? No way could I work in that environment.

redgunamo
06-22-2017, 01:18 PM
Men and women pray separately in mosques, I think.

There's a new one in Berlin which allows all that sort of thing, mixed worship, lady imams and that. Naturally, reactions to this have been .. well .. mixed.

Monty92
06-22-2017, 01:19 PM
Even more disturbing to me is the idea of it being ok to have the baby in the office in the first place. It's bad enough when people bring their sprog in for a few minutes to parade it up and down to get all the oos and aas and general attention but to have it there all day? Like, screaming and shít? No way could I work in that environment.

This I have literally never heard of, to be honest. An old boss of mine used to occasionally bring their older kid into work but they just satw in the corner playing on their console. But babies? Nah.

However, dogs at work has become a 'thing' in London's hipster circles, I believe. Gay men in particular seem to have been at the vanguard of this trend.

Ash
06-22-2017, 01:19 PM

How do they respond to that? Do they tell you to stop mansplaining at them?

redgunamo
06-22-2017, 01:20 PM

Quite right. Avoiding all that sort of thing is the reason for going out to work in the first place, for both men and women.

Ash
06-22-2017, 01:22 PM
This I have literally never heard of, to be honest.

However, dogs at work has become a 'thing' in London's hipster circles, I believe. Gay men in particular seem to have been at the vanguard of this trend.

Oh, I have probably not understood the scenario. I've heard of the dogs thing though.

Luis Anaconda
06-22-2017, 01:24 PM
Quite right. Avoiding all that sort of thing is the reason for going out to work in the first place, for both men and women.

Nonsense - if I wanted to avoid needy, immature brats who cry at the drop of a hat I would never have gone into journalism

redgunamo
06-22-2017, 01:27 PM
Nonsense - if I wanted to avoid needy, immature brats who cry at the drop of a hat I would never have gone into journalism

Reporters are of age, they get their round in :shrug: