PDA

View Full Version : wd The Govt and the property developers that have just made 68 flats available in

Pokster
06-21-2017, 12:51 PM
Kensington.. all bouight at cost price

Sir C
06-21-2017, 12:56 PM
Kensington.. all bouight at cost price

And each resident being given £5,500.

Does this mean we can all cancel our buildings and contents insurance? I assume this is now the norm?

Pokster
06-21-2017, 12:58 PM

Does this mean we can all cancel our buildings and contents insurance? I assume this is now the norm?

You assume they even had contents insurance... they wouldn't have had building as they didn't own the flats did they?

Pokster
06-21-2017, 12:59 PM

PS, wasn't it each family being given £5,500 not per person?

Burney
06-21-2017, 01:40 PM

I'm sure this is all very splendid and whatnot, but I'm struggling to see how me having to pay for it is a good plan, to be honest.

Surely these people will all end up being due a simply enormous payout from the landlords or whoever else is eventually deemed blameworthy? Why is the taxpayer having to bear the burden?

PSRB
06-21-2017, 01:43 PM
I'm sure this is all very splendid and whatnot, but I'm struggling to see how me having to pay for it is a good plan, to be honest.

Surely these people will all end up being due a simply enormous payout from the landlords or whoever else is eventually deemed blameworthy? Why is the taxpayer having to bear the burden?

They'll also probably refuse to move out

Pokster
06-21-2017, 01:46 PM

Well you could argue that tax payers pay for all council housing.. so in effect you were paying for the original flats

Pokster
06-21-2017, 01:48 PM
They'll also probably refuse to move out

As far as I'm aware these are the new permanent homes for them

Peter
06-21-2017, 01:50 PM

Its five grand you tight ****. The insurance wont pay out for months.

Burney
06-21-2017, 01:51 PM
Well you could argue that tax payers pay for all council housing.. so in effect you were paying for the original flats

Yes, I was. And now I'm going to be paying for a bunch of even more expensive ones. This seems a bit unfair on me, tbh. I didn't set the bloody place on fire. I've never even been there.

Rich
06-21-2017, 01:52 PM

They're GIVING everyone in the block £5,500?! For what bloody reason???

Billy Goat Sverige
06-21-2017, 01:53 PM
As far as I'm aware these are the new permanent homes for them

That's how i read it. Basically homes owned by the council that they are now tenants of. Obviously they could move out at some point of their own free will but not likely when you've got a gym and pool in the block :hehe:

Peter
06-21-2017, 01:54 PM
Yes, I was. And now I'm going to be paying for a bunch of even more expensive ones. This seems a bit unfair on me, tbh. I didn't set the bloody place on fire. I've never even been there.

How do you think the people who bought flats in the new luxury development are going to feel? They shelled out a fortune for a home cinema and 24 hour concierge to keep the riff raff out and now the government are handing out free flats to them.

I wouldn't be happy......

Peter
06-21-2017, 01:55 PM

To shut them up....

Billy Goat Sverige
06-21-2017, 01:56 PM
How do you think the people who bought flats in the new luxury development are going to feel? They shelled out a fortune for a home cinema and 24 hour concierge to keep the riff raff out and now the government are handing out free flats to them.

Have to say that was my immediate thought. Also if they choose to sell and move somewhere else they'll probably end up losing money. Let's face it, nobody paying £3m for an apartment is going to do it in a block full of council tenants.

the splendor of antigone
06-21-2017, 01:57 PM

Money is generally quite an effective tool to ensure disgruntled and exploited peoples are lulled into passivity. They'll buy an iPhone each and all will be forgotten and the money will return to those that they properly belong to.

Burney
06-21-2017, 01:57 PM
Its five grand you tight ****. The insurance wont pay out for months.

It's five grand - plus the cost to government of buying all these other flats in one of London's most expensive boroughs, of course.

I think some compromise could have been reached, tbh. Those households with gainful employment in the area could have been temporarily rehoused there until payouts start happening, but those without could have been shipped off somewhere cheaper.

And obviously those here illegally should have been deported once they'd recovered. The idea that being in a fire means you get to dodge the system is ridiculous.

Rich
06-21-2017, 01:58 PM
To shut them up....

Perhaps the charity fund can be used to reimburse the taxpayer, then. Sounds like they're going to do rather well out of this.

Burney
06-21-2017, 01:59 PM

That is a fücking good point, p. I'd be tempted to just set fire to the place and see what the government's prepared to hand over next time.

********FREE MONEY*********

Sir C
06-21-2017, 02:00 PM

I predict a spate of arson attacks on council blocks this summer.

Actually, fúck it, I'll burn my own house down and then wait for the council to give me £5,500 and a cheap flat in a luxury block. That's how it works, right?

Billy Goat Sverige
06-21-2017, 02:02 PM
That is a fücking good point, p. I'd be tempted to just set fire to the place and see what the government's prepared to hand over next time.

********FREE MONEY*********

Imagine wanting to go for a quick workout and swim in facilities you paid £3m for, only to find a bunch of families and their kids having a splash around and generally wrecking ****. I'd be fuming.

Burney
06-21-2017, 02:05 PM
I predict a spate of arson attacks on council blocks this summer.

Actually, fúck it, I'll burn my own house down and then wait for the council to give me £5,500 and a cheap flat in a luxury block. That's how it works, right?

No. If you actually pay full whack for your own property and it burns down, the government just thinks you're a sucker and gives you sweet fùck all. If, on the other hand, you spend your life relying on the state to keep a roof above your head, they will apparently hand you a wad of used notes and upgrade you to something nicer within two weeks.

Peter
06-21-2017, 02:08 PM
Imagine wanting to go for a quick workout and swim in facilities you paid £3m for, only to find a bunch of families and their kids having a splash around and generally wrecking ****. I'd be fuming.

It sounds remarkably uncharitable but it is undeniably true. They should be offered a refund, paid by the taxpayer, obviously. (Sorry, b)

Burney
06-21-2017, 02:08 PM

Not to mention all the angry Allans you're going to be surrounded by, bgm. :-(

They'll soon be wishing they'd voted Tory the other week as God intended imo.

Peter
06-21-2017, 02:10 PM
No. If you actually pay full whack for your own property and it burns down, the government just thinks you're a sucker and gives you sweet fùck all. If, on the other hand, you spend your life relying on the state to keep a roof above your head, they will apparently hand you a wad of used notes and upgrade you to something nicer within two weeks.

To be fair, they just crawled out of a burning building. I'd bung them a few quid, no problem there. But a luxury pad in Kensington is taking the ****ing piss.

Burney
06-21-2017, 02:11 PM
It sounds remarkably uncharitable but it is undeniably true. They should be offered a refund, paid by the taxpayer, obviously. (Sorry, b)

You see? Once you get started with this shít, it's an endless fùcking sùckhole of taxpayers' money. Handouts beget handouts beget handouts and those of us who have never sought assistance from the state just sit here with every cùnt's hand in our pockets wondering what we did wrong to get fùcked over like this. :-( :-(

Sir C
06-21-2017, 02:14 PM
To be fair, they just crawled out of a burning building. I'd bung them a few quid, no problem there. But a luxury pad in Kensington is taking the ****ing piss.

Who else gets bunged a few quid for crawling out of a burning building? Every other fúcker just has to get on with it. Making the news doesn't make you more deserving of charity than any other poor sod whose house has burnt down round his ears.

Burney
06-21-2017, 02:14 PM

A few quid to shut up and fùck off back to invisibility is fine. But this, as you say, is taking the pîss. Particularly when you consider the payouts they're likely to get - not to mention the endless claims of PTSD and black lung that naturally mean they can't work because reasons and end up being a burden to us all forever and ever amen.

I need to stop now. I'm just angrifying myself. :-(

IUFG
06-21-2017, 02:15 PM
Who else gets bunged a few quid for crawling out of a burning building? Every other fúcker just has to get on with it. Making the news doesn't make you more deserving of charity than any other poor sod whose house has burnt down round his ears.

but Jeremy et al has turned this tragedy all political and ****. The timing of the fire couldn't have been worse, from a hung parliament pov.

Billy Goat Sverige
06-21-2017, 02:16 PM
Not to mention all the angry Allans you're going to be surrounded by, bgm. :-(

They'll soon be wishing they'd voted Tory the other week as God intended imo.

Without wishing to stereotype people, i have lived in council blocks among the allans and they're not the best of neighbours. They're very noisy at night (especially during Ramadan), they spit everywhere, and the food they cook absolutely stinks the place out.

Peter
06-21-2017, 02:17 PM
You see? Once you get started with this shít, it's an endless fùcking sùckhole of taxpayers' money. Handouts beget handouts beget handouts and those of us who have never sought assistance from the state just sit here with every cùnt's hand in our pockets wondering what we did wrong to get fùcked over like this. :-( :-(

I pay an arm and a leg in Council Tax and about the only service I need is the binmen. Now these *******s on the dust have produced a set of rules that mean there is more than a 50% chance they will refuse to collect your rubbish. Bag too big, or too heavy, or in slightly the wrong place, or too many of them. This week I put out four, they left a note saying they can only take three and didn't take any of them. ****s.

I want my money back.....

Sir C
06-21-2017, 02:18 PM
Without wishing to stereotype people, i have lived in council blocks among the allans and they're not the best of neighbours. They're very noisy at night (especially during Ramadan), they spit everywhere, and the food they cook absolutely stinks the place out.

At least they're unlikely to stab you or blow you up when you're in amongst them. The spit doesn't sound good, though.

the splendor of antigone
06-21-2017, 02:18 PM

Still enjoying Sweden? :hehe:

Burney
06-21-2017, 02:19 PM

Ho hum. At least there's a property developing firm out there whose board are currently up to their nuts in coke and hookers, having just sold 68 flats in Kensington and Chelsea in one go at what is almost certainly way above market value (this being government purchasing). They must be fücking creaming themselves. :-(

Sir C
06-21-2017, 02:21 PM
I pay an arm and a leg in Council Tax and about the only service I need is the binmen. Now these *******s on the dust have produced a set of rules that mean there is more than a 50% chance they will refuse to collect your rubbish. Bag too big, or too heavy, or in slightly the wrong place, or too many of them. This week I put out four, they left a note saying they can only take three and didn't take any of them. ****s.

'on the dust' :hehe: I remember the first time I heard that expression I thought I'd shít myself with laughter, especially as it was a woman talking about her husband saying, "'E used to be orn the dust but of course he's been on the sick for some years now wiv 'is toe." :hehe:

Common people are funny, if you can foirget the whole 'spongeing off the rest of us' issue.

Peter

I complained about my neighbours and their constant barbecue (it is literally all day, every day) and because I mentioned the smell of the food a policeman has suggested that it may be considered a racist comment.

Burney

Do yours put passive-aggressive stickers that don't easily come off on your wheelie bins to shame you publicly if you dare to put something in the 'wrong' bin? Utter, utter cünts.

By the way, I do like how you've gone from calling me a 'tight cünt' to effectively feeling much the same as me about this entire shïtshow. :hehe:

Have you ever considered joining the Conservative Party, p? It's awfully good.

Sir C
06-21-2017, 02:23 PM
Do yours put passive-aggressive stickers that don't easily come off on your wheelie bins to shame you publicly if you dare to put something in the 'wrong' bin? Utter, utter cünts.

I give ours £100 every christmas and those boys would take away a fúcking Aga if I left it by the bins, good as gold. It's the most cost effective investment of the year.

Burney
06-21-2017, 02:25 PM
I give ours £100 every christmas and those boys would take away a fúcking Aga if I left it by the bins, good as gold. It's the most cost effective investment of the year.

You could probably dispose of a body, no questions asked. If the old 'Put it in the bath and leave the taps running' method didn't work, that is.

Peter
06-21-2017, 02:26 PM

By the way, I do like how you've gone from calling me a 'tight cünt' to effectively feeling much the same as me about this entire shïtshow. :hehe:

Have you ever considered joining the Conservative Party, p? It's awfully good.

As you say above, I don't mind bunging them a few grand to get by. The rest is nonsense, a knee jerk political reaction that shows a lack of leadership.

Pokster
06-21-2017, 02:28 PM
Ho hum. At least there's a property developing firm out there whose board are currently up to their nuts in coke and hookers, having just sold 68 flats in Kensington and Chelsea in one go at what is almost certainly way above market value (this being government purchasing). They must be fücking creaming themselves. :-(

Bought at cost price.... so nice to see how AWIMB have reacted to this... ****ing joke some of the people on here

Burney
06-21-2017, 02:30 PM
As you say above, I don't mind bunging them a few grand to get by. The rest is nonsense, a knee jerk political reaction that shows a lack of leadership.

Well no-one's leading, are they? The opposition is - to be fair - finally doing what oppositions are supposed to do and cynically and opportunistically milking the situation for everything it's worth, while the minority government (if that is what it turns out to be) is desperately flailing around trying to be seen to be doing something in order to retain credibility. It's a perfect storm of cüntery all round, basically.

Billy Goat Sverige
06-21-2017, 02:32 PM
Still enjoying Sweden? :hehe:

I love the country. A section of the populous and the politicians not so much. Also the weather is ****. It's midsommar this week, a time when we should be having a barbecue and eating outside. It's ****ing 14'C :-|

the splendor of antigone
06-21-2017, 02:32 PM
****ing joke some of the people on here

You don't enjoy a bit of right-wing virtue-signalling :rubchin:

Billy Goat Sverige
06-21-2017, 02:33 PM
I complained about my neighbours and their constant barbecue (it is literally all day, every day) and because I mentioned the smell of the food a policeman has suggested that it may be considered a racist comment.

I vaguely remember being called a racist for saying "curry ****ing stinks".

the splendor of antigone
06-21-2017, 02:36 PM
I love the country. A section of the populous and the politicians not so much. Also the weather is ****. It's midsommar this week, a time when we should be having a barbecue and eating outside. It's ****ing 14'C :-|

:hehe: I was shocked coming to London. Compared to Scandinavia this has been like a vacation in a tropical climate. The girls here are right minging, though. Mind you, that might be a reflection of the ****e neighbourhood I'm in.

Burney
06-21-2017, 02:38 PM
Bought at cost price.... so nice to see how AWIMB have reacted to this... ****ing joke some of the people on here

I've looked at several reports and have seen nothing about 'cost price', I'm afraid. Indeed, I'd struggle to know what that term would even mean in the context of property.

Sir C
06-21-2017, 02:38 PM

Might one enquire which people you are referring to as a '****ing joke', and why you would hold such an abusive view?

Peter
06-21-2017, 02:41 PM
I vaguely remember being called a racist for saying "curry ****ing stinks".

My girlfriend called them noisy which they reported as nosey and which is being interpreted as anti semitic. Apart from the fact that it wouldn't constitute anti Semitism even if she had said it, it also ignores the facts that a) they are not jewish and b) my girlfriend is! The copper seemed genuinely dismayed when we pointed this out. ;)

Pokster
06-21-2017, 02:42 PM
I've looked at several reports and have seen nothing about 'cost price', I'm afraid. Indeed, I'd struggle to know what that term would even mean in the context of property.

As reported in the evening standard.... working restrictions have been removed to enable the flats to be completed quicker

Peter
06-21-2017, 02:43 PM

Own up. If you had shelled out to live in there you would be ****ing fuming.

Burney
06-21-2017, 02:45 PM
My girlfriend called them noisy which they reported as nosey and which is being interpreted as anti semitic. Apart from the fact that it wouldn't constitute anti Semitism even if she had said it, it also ignores the facts that a) they are not jewish and b) my girlfriend is! The copper seemed genuinely dismayed when we pointed this out. ;)

When did the police become obsessed with enforcing political correctness? They used to be famously racist, sexist and homophobic. These days it must be like being arrested by a Student Union president.

You know who I blame for this, don't you, p? Hint: You treasure your correspondence with the blank-eyed cyclepath.

Pokster
06-21-2017, 02:46 PM
Own up. If you had shelled out to live in there you would be ****ing fuming.

I should imagine they are pissed off.... hard to see what the council/govt should do, they need to re-home them (as they are all council house residents) so to move this quickly is actually a shock.

As a side point, have any of these flats actually been moved into yet by the non council residents?

Sir C
06-21-2017, 02:48 PM

Mind you, some Allans have big bugles as well, don't they? Those Saudi lads can be possessed of quite the conk. Not that I can talk, what with my Irish potato-like snout :-(

Sir C
06-21-2017, 02:49 PM
:hehe: I was shocked coming to London. Compared to Scandinavia this has been like a vacation in a tropical climate. The girls here are right minging, though. Mind you, that might be a reflection of the ****e neighbourhood I'm in.

Do you live up north? Northern women tend to be quite flabby and pasty, in my limited experience of the breed.

Burney
06-21-2017, 02:50 PM
Do you live up north? Northern women tend to be quite flabby and pasty, in my limited experience of the breed.

I shall be sure to let my wife know your feelings on this matter. :thumbup:

Sir C
06-21-2017, 02:51 PM
I shall be sure to let my wife know your feelings on this matter. :thumbup:

'Tend', I said. 'Tend'. I'm not the sort of racist to who makes sweeping generalisations.

Peter
06-21-2017, 02:52 PM
When did the police become obsessed with enforcing political correctness? They used to be famously racist, sexist and homophobic. These days it must be like being arrested by a Student Union president.

You know who I blame for this, don't you, p? Hint: You treasure your correspondence with the blank-eyed cyclepath.

For once I have to agree. Blair passed a law that means you can be convicted of racial aggrevation if the victim feels racially abused. They don't even have to prove that it was.

In this instance he backed off after a ten minute conversation with me and two minute phone call with my lawyer who informed him that one more utterance of racist accusation would result in a lawsuit and a complaint about police harassment.

Its great when your girlfriend's uncle runs a top law firm :D

Peter
06-21-2017, 02:53 PM
I should imagine they are pissed off.... hard to see what the council/govt should do, they need to re-home them (as they are all council house residents) so to move this quickly is actually a shock.

As a side point, have any of these flats actually been moved into yet by the non council residents?

They're not ready according to the BBC.

Pokster
06-21-2017, 02:55 PM
They're not ready according to the BBC.

Will be intereting to see if anyone who has put a deposit down and now wants to back out would get their money back???

Peter
06-21-2017, 02:56 PM
Mind you, some Allans have big bugles as well, don't they? Those Saudi lads can be possessed of quite the conk. Not that I can talk, what with my Irish potato-like snout :-(

I had better not comment. All are welcome in my world, Sir C.

the splendor of antigone
06-21-2017, 02:56 PM

I found a place in Bethnal Green because I work in Shoreditch. It's a bedbug-infested lille room in a dilapidated ****hole of an apartment block, but it's overlooking Victoria Park and the hippies on houseboats on the canal, so can't find much reason to complain*.

*I am, of course, aware that it would be a living nightmare for you :hehe:

Peter
06-21-2017, 02:57 PM
Will be intereting to see if anyone who has put a deposit down and now wants to back out would get their money back???

Yeah, then the taxpayer could buy the entire block ;)

Burney
06-21-2017, 02:57 PM
'Tend', I said. 'Tend'. I'm not the sort of racist to who makes sweeping generalisations.

Hmmmph. :-|

Sir C
06-21-2017, 03:00 PM
I found a place in Bethnal Green because I work in Shoreditch. It's a bedbug-infested lille room in a dilapidated ****hole of an apartment block, but it's overlooking Victoria Park and the hippies on houseboats on the canal, so can't find much reason to complain*.

*I am, of course, aware that it would be a living nightmare for you :hehe:

I wish you every joy with it, splenda, but as you say, it doesn't sound like my first choice.

Peter
06-21-2017, 03:00 PM

What sort of racist are you then?

Sir C
06-21-2017, 03:01 PM
I had better not comment. All are welcome in my world, Sir C.

All except jews, who you apparently hate for cooking smelly foreign food and having big noses.

Harsh, p.

Sir C
06-21-2017, 03:03 PM
What sort of racist are you then?

The good sort. The nationalityisy sort :nod:

Love Tanzanians, can't really be doing with Kenyans. Love Thais, can't sope with Singaporeans. That sort.

World's End Stella
06-21-2017, 03:04 PM
Not too sure how all of you have time for this.

I'm too busy feeling personally ashamed about the whole, terrible thing and the appalling part I played in it. :-(

https://www.thetimes.co.uk/article/grenfell-tower-fire-an-inferno-that-shames-usall-lrk80hs5f

Burney
06-21-2017, 03:07 PM
Not too sure how all of you have time for this.

I'm too busy feeling personally ashamed about the whole, terrible thing and the appalling part I played in it. :-(

https://www.thetimes.co.uk/article/grenfell-tower-fire-an-inferno-that-shames-usall-lrk80hs5f

Look, I've already made clear I've never been near the bloody place.

There was an article in The Guardian talking about how Britain was still a country that murdered its poor or some such shīte.

Needless to say, the writer was notable by his lack of botheredness when poor white girls were being systematically groomed, raped and trafficked by Pakistani gangs and having their plight ignored by the authorities, but there you go, eh.

Peter
06-21-2017, 03:08 PM
All except jews, who you apparently hate for cooking smelly foreign food and having big noses.

Harsh, p.

No, apparently I hate them because they are Brazilian.

I love jews. I have an extensive Woody Allen collection.

Peter
06-21-2017, 03:10 PM
The good sort. The nationalityisy sort :nod:

Love Tanzanians, can't really be doing with Kenyans. Love Thais, can't sope with Singaporeans. That sort.

Singaporeans are ok. Well, the Indian ones, certainly. Not so keen on the European ones. They come across as ****s

Burney
06-21-2017, 03:11 PM
No, apparently I hate them because they are Brazilian.

I love jews. I have an extensive Woody Allen collection.

Ah, the old 'I'm not racist, my girlfriend's ethnic', thing. :shakehead:

Look mate, I've read in The Guardian that just because you are shacked up with someone of another race, that doesn't mean you don't hate that race. Indeed, by some logic I failed to grasp (but which is doubtless flawless), it often means you hate them even more. But only if you're white and they're not. The other way around is fine. Apparently.

World's End Stella
Look, I've already made clear I've never been near the bloody place.

There was an article in The Guardian talking about how Britain was still a country that murdered its poor or some such shīte.

Needless to say, the writer was notable by his lack of botheredness when poor white girls were being systematically groomed, raped and trafficked by Pakistani gangs and having their plight ignored by the authorities, but there you go, eh.

Oh, well, that's all well and good for you Burney, but in 1995 I lived not far from there for 9 months and several times I cursed the people who lived in Latimer Road as cab drivers wouldn't take me home past the awful estate.

I practically killed them all myself. :cry:

Burney
Singaporeans are ok. Well, the Indian ones, certainly. Not so keen on the European ones. They come across as ****s

Singaporean Chinese are fücking hard work imo. Intense, rude, vulgar and money-obsessed to a frankly off-putting degree.

Sir C
06-21-2017, 03:15 PM
Singaporean Chinese are fücking hard work imo. Intense, rude, vulgar and money-obsessed to a frankly off-putting degree.

:nod: Your Malay Chinese is a similar beast. Now your Thai, Cambodian, Laotian or Vietnameser is generally a delight.

Peter
06-21-2017, 03:16 PM
Ah, the old 'I'm not racist, my girlfriend's ethnic', thing. :shakehead:

Look mate, I've read in The Guardian that just because you are shacked up with someone of another race, that doesn't mean you don't hate that race. Indeed, by some logic I failed to grasp (but which is doubtless flawless), it often means you hate them even more. But only if you're white and they're not. The other way around is fine. Apparently.

Put it this way....I'm from Palmers Green. End of conversation.....

Anyway, as I told the copper, if I want to be racist I am perfectly entitled to be. What I am not allowed to do is harass people because of it. So stop asking me what I think and focus on what happened, which is nothing. Now **** off (I left out the last part but I am not convinced that the lawyer did)

Peter
06-21-2017, 03:18 PM

Fairly true. ****ing rude on flights as well. Never seen anything like it.

Burney
06-21-2017, 03:24 PM
Put it this way....I'm from Palmers Green. End of conversation.....

Anyway, as I told the copper, if I want to be racist I am perfectly entitled to be. What I am not allowed to do is harass people because of it. So stop asking me what I think and focus on what happened, which is nothing. Now **** off (I left out the last part but I am not convinced that the lawyer did)

For some reason I thought you were from Ponders End.

Peter
06-21-2017, 03:28 PM
For some reason I thought you were from Ponders End.

How dare you!!

Born and bred in Palmers Green, the most multicultural and civilised part of the world a gentleman could hope to grow up in.

Tony C
06-21-2017, 03:51 PM
Like winning the lottery imo.

Surely you'd just sell your flat and move to something cheaper.

Tony C
06-21-2017, 03:59 PM
Also if you're moving into a £1.5m plus apartment then wtf is £5000 going to do...can't wipe my arse with that imo

Tony C
06-21-2017, 04:01 PM
Also I take it that they will all be council tax exempt?!

PSRB
06-21-2017, 04:09 PM
A few quid to shut up and fùck off back to invisibility is fine. But this, as you say, is taking the pîss. Particularly when you consider the payouts they're likely to get - not to mention the endless claims of PTSD and black lung that naturally mean they can't work because reasons and end up being a burden to us all forever and ever amen.

I need to stop now. I'm just angrifying myself. :-(

Cost price my arse, it'll be whatever number they had in their mind to sell them at. Housing developers are not in this for the love of it

Burney
06-21-2017, 04:17 PM
Cost price my arse, it'll be whatever number they had in their mind to sell them at. Housing developers are not in this for the love of it

Well as I pointed out, there really isn't such a thing as 'cost price' on property - not least because the value of the land on which it sits fluctuates. There is the cost of the land when bought, the costs of demolition, construction and outfitting - all of which are specified based on a certain minimum return on the investment. This means that the eventual anticipated return affects the nature and size of the costs incurred. All in all, it sounds like bôllocks to me. No-one can tell me that these developers are only just breaking even on this deal - and neither should they.

Pat Vegas
06-21-2017, 04:24 PM

That gives me an idea.