PDA

View Full Version : Whilst ugly, ungainly and phenomenally common, Peter Crouch is actually

World's End Stella
06-20-2017, 08:30 AM
quite an amusing chap on occasion.

https://twitter.com/petercrouch/status/876846713163718656

Sir C
06-20-2017, 08:42 AM
quite an amusing chap on occasion.

https://twitter.com/petercrouch/status/876846713163718656

Yes, he does a decent line in self-deprecating humour.

He's also not averse to throwing potentially leg-breaking tackles around, of course. Which is less funny.

World's End Stella
06-20-2017, 08:55 AM

He's also not averse to throwing potentially leg-breaking tackles around, of course. Which is less funny.

Really? I've not noticed him ever really doing anything other than lurking in the box like a spastic looking to nod one in.

I would have thought his legs would be the first to break in any collision if I'm honest. Also, I believe he has a rather attractive but extremely vulgar scouser for a wife.

That, I'm afraid, is the extent of my Peter Crouch knowledge. Perhaps big nose has an anecdote for us.

World's End Stella
06-20-2017, 08:58 AM

BTW Friday is Barrafina day, followed by a play called The Goat. :-(

I believe the tortilla morceau (sp), suckling pig and some salad with pear were your recommendations? What of wine? Do they have a decent wine list or should we just do a drinkable rose or sparkling wine?

Sir C
06-20-2017, 09:08 AM

I believe the tortilla morceau (sp), suckling pig and some salad with pear were your recommendations? What of wine? Do they have a decent wine list or should we just do a drinkable rose or sparkling wine?

Tortilla morcilla. Don't neglect the specials board, naturally - especially seafood from the josper grill.

The wine list is entirely Spanish so I always ask the advice of the sommelier. I've never been disappointed, but then I've never encountered wine I didn't enjoy.

SWv2
06-20-2017, 10:04 AM

****. Me.

Jesus is crying somewhere.

Sir C
06-20-2017, 10:24 AM
****. Me.

Not a bad choice for lunchtime if the weather's very hot. The French drink it with ice cubes. Refreshing and doesn't really count as alcohol.

Rich
06-20-2017, 10:30 AM
Not a bad choice for lunchtime if the weather's very hot. The French drink it with ice cubes. Refreshing and doesn't really count as alcohol.

:nod: Anything served with ice and less than 12% vol can be consumed guilt free.

SWv2
06-20-2017, 10:41 AM

Tastes like fúcking pish mind you, which is a drawback.

Couldn't give two fúcks what the French do either if pushed. I saw people drinking cider with ice cubes the other day.

Luis Anaconda
06-20-2017, 10:45 AM

Couldn't give two fúcks what the French do either if pushed. I saw people drinking cider with ice cubes the other day.

Yeah but the Irish started that - heathens

Sir C
06-20-2017, 10:48 AM

I hope everyone does whatever they like to do and I hope they enjoy so doing, sw.

I have some rather charming rosé which I purchased at a small vineyard in Bordeaux last summer. Sadly, the vehicle was almost filled with cases of their delicious red, but I found room for a single case of the young, fresh rosé. I shall enjoy a bottle or two at the weekend.

SWv2
06-20-2017, 10:59 AM
Yeah but the Irish started that - heathens

I will admit that the practice is very commonplace here but to just willy nilly accuse of us of starting it is a little rich in my view.

Drinking cider was very common and normal in my formative years of the early 80s and never did I see a like minded chum reach for an ice tray or equivalent.

If anything I would point at the Brits for this, given your other abominations such as "top".

Yes.

World's End Stella
06-20-2017, 11:35 AM
****. Me.

Well, that's the Irish for you. All the sophistication of a pack of pork scratchings being consumed by someone in Adidas trainers swilling a pint of Super Bock (yes, I was envisioning you as I typed this).

Rose, particularly that from the Provence, is a wonderful summertime drink. Light, refreshing, tasty and very enjoyable.

And more than enough alcohol to make a chap forget the hell that is life in the 21st century. Oh yes. :nod:

SWv2
06-20-2017, 11:39 AM
Well, that's the Irish for you. All the sophistication of a pack of pork scratchings being consumed by someone in Adidas trainers swilling a pint of Super Bock (yes, I was envisioning you as I typed this).

Rose, particularly that from the Provence, is a wonderful summertime drink. Light, refreshing, tasty and very enjoyable.

And more than enough alcohol to make a chap forget the hell that is life in the 21st century. Oh yes. :nod:

You stalked me on the Algarve you half American pervert!!!

Not for me the whole Rosé thing but I am known for being open minded so each to their own. Modern Ireland and all that nonsense.

See our Taoiseach (PM) was over your neck of the woods yesterday. A poof you know.

Mo Britain less Europe
06-20-2017, 02:15 PM

Sorry to be the bearer of bad news but The Goat is utter crap.

Lar d'Arse
06-20-2017, 02:26 PM
You stalked me on the Algarve you half American pervert!!!

Not for me the whole Rosé thing but I am known for being open minded so each to their own. Modern Ireland and all that nonsense.

See our Taoiseach (PM) was over your neck of the woods yesterday. A poof you know.

What did you make of Leo's comments regarding his first visit to No. 10?