PDA

View Full Version : Ok, it's been a year, so I reckon he's fair game now

Monty92
06-19-2017, 10:07 AM
Brendan Cox, you're a cancer-deserving ****

Sir C
06-19-2017, 10:13 AM

He just dribbles the standard lefty monglines, doesn't he? He's no Corbyn or McDonnell in the cancer-deserving **** stakes.

Pokster
06-19-2017, 10:21 AM

pot, kettle

Alberto Balsam Rodriguez
06-19-2017, 11:06 AM

Any particular reason?

SWv2
06-19-2017, 11:12 AM
Any particular reason?

Seems a little harsh to me (even though i had to google who the bloke was).

Alberto Balsam Rodriguez
06-19-2017, 11:26 AM
Seems a little harsh to me (even though i had to google who the bloke was).

TBF, Monty is prone to bouts of Tourette's. It is just a question of who is in the firing line, if anyone.

Monty92
06-19-2017, 11:49 AM
TBF, Monty is prone to bouts of Tourette's. It is just a question of who is in the firing line, if anyone.

He throws the word 'hate’ around as a buzzword to demonise anyone who disagrees with his world view and has perpetually used his wife’s death as a tool to further this aim.

SWv2
06-19-2017, 11:51 AM
He throws the word 'hate’ around as a buzzword to demonise anyone who disagrees with his world view and has perpetually used his wife’s death as a tool to further this aim.

I see he has managed to get a book written in the time.

Pokster
06-19-2017, 11:53 AM

probably a better one than Monty's... perhaps that is why he is angry

Monty92
06-19-2017, 11:57 AM

Harsh, but perhaps not entirely unfair :-(

Monty92
06-19-2017, 11:58 AM

And raised a ****load of funds for his pet projects.

Alberto Balsam Rodriguez
06-19-2017, 12:43 PM
And raised a ****load of funds for his pet projects.

If I understand correctly.... he's managed to do everything that you would have liked to do but more quickly and with better success?

SWv2
06-19-2017, 01:09 PM

I quite enjoyed Monty's book*. Bought two in fact.

*The Arsenal one

Pat Vegas
06-19-2017, 01:21 PM
I quite enjoyed Monty's book*. Bought two in fact.

*The Arsenal one

I am in the acknowledgements of his London book. yet I still don't own a copy.

Monty92
06-19-2017, 01:28 PM

I'm gonna tippex out your name in every copy I can lay my hands on. :vsign:

Ash
06-19-2017, 01:32 PM

What contribution was he acknowledging?

Pat Vegas
06-19-2017, 01:34 PM
What contribution was he acknowledging?

He was generous in doing so.
We were talking about the tube book idea I had originally but it was a bit too specific.

However I do have a cracking idea for the tube that I could do but will take a lot of effort.

Monty92
06-19-2017, 01:36 PM
We were talking about the tube book idea I had originally but it was a bit too specific.

However I do have a cracking idea for the tube that I could do but will take a lot of effort.

To be fair, I also shoved some bird I was nobbing at the time in there as well.

I don't think she bought a copy either :-(

Ash
06-19-2017, 01:49 PM

I offered him the use of my extensive library of reference material but he refused. :sniff: Needless to say I had the last laugh when I didn't buy his book.

What is your idea for the tube? Restaurant car?

Pat Vegas
06-19-2017, 01:51 PM
I offered him the use of my extensive library of reference material but he refused. :sniff: Needless to say I had the last laugh when I didn't buy his book.

What is your idea for the tube? Restaurant car?

TubeTube.
On youtube. Though someone already has the name but isn't very active.

I will record a video of every station in London narrated with a brief history of each station with some facts.
A few days with a travelcard will sort it and camera that records 4k.

Ash
06-19-2017, 01:57 PM
I will record a video of every station in London narrated with a brief history of each station with some facts.
A few days with a travelcard will sort it and camera that records 4k.

I got the tube to Epping on Saturday. There was an old green routemaster outside the station taking people on to Ongar :cloud9:
I had breakfast in a pub and then walked home. The next tube station I saw on the way was Arsenal. The weather is always glorious in Epping. I know this because I have been there twice and each time has been a warm sunny day.

Ash
06-19-2017, 01:59 PM

Fun fact about Gunnersbury station. It is aesthetically the worst station on the network. OPINION.

Pat Vegas
06-19-2017, 02:00 PM
I got the tube to Epping on Saturday. There was an old green routemaster outside the station taking people on to Ongar :cloud9:
I had breakfast in a pub and then walked home. The next tube station I saw on the way was Arsenal. The weather is always glorious in Epping. I know this because I have been there twice and each time has been a warm sunny day.

That sounds interesting. There is also the closed blake hall station which was on the line closed in 1981

Pat Vegas
06-19-2017, 02:00 PM
Fun fact about Gunnersbury station. It is aesthetically the worst station on the network. OPINION.

I do like the name though. it's very Arsenal sounding.