PDA

View Full Version : Parliament on lockdown, armed man, police, gunpoint, etc.

Burney
06-16-2017, 10:25 AM
The usual, in other words.

Rich
06-16-2017, 10:28 AM

Another mentally disabled person on the loose :-(

Billy Goat Sverige
06-16-2017, 10:28 AM

I'm coming over in two weeks. Wish i hadn't bothered now.

71 Guns - channeling the spirit of Mr Hat
06-16-2017, 10:33 AM

UTTER CARNAGE!!!

http://i.dailymail.co.uk/i/pix/2017/06/16/11/4177734100000578-4610552-image-m-14_1497608556258.jpg

Burney
06-16-2017, 10:35 AM
UTTER CARNAGE!!!

http://i.dailymail.co.uk/i/pix/2017/06/16/11/4177734100000578-4610552-image-m-14_1497608556258.jpg

Hmmm. A brown bloke with a beard. How unusual.

Alberto Balsam Rodriguez
06-16-2017, 10:50 AM

Clearly this is Sinn Fein acting out in response to the Con DUP Alliance....

Rich
06-16-2017, 10:57 AM
Hmmm. A brown bloke with a beard. How unusual.

Press reporting that incident is not thought to be terror related. So nothing to see here - move on.

Ash
06-16-2017, 10:57 AM
Clearly this is Sinn Fein acting out in response to the Con DUP Alliance....

It's been too long we we had this posted imo ....

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=w6UhXivPyw4

Burney
06-16-2017, 11:01 AM
Press reporting that incident is not thought to be terror related. So nothing to see here - move on.

Ah, the old 'mental illness', is it?

71 Guns - channeling the spirit of Mr Hat
06-16-2017, 11:03 AM

:hehe: :hehe: great stuff.

redgunamo
06-16-2017, 11:05 AM

Smoking out the OpSec :-(

Burney
06-16-2017, 11:15 AM
Smoking out the OpSec :-(

Clearly a shrood and wily lot, these jihadis imo.

the splendor of antigone
06-16-2017, 11:16 AM
I moved to Lahndan three months ago, and since then it's been nothing but terrorism, horrendous fires, and general carnage. Getting quite sick of receiving texts from those that care about me back home (there are a few), checking to see whether I've perished in flames or at the hand of a machete.
Beer's cheap, though, which is nice. :thumbup:

Rich
06-16-2017, 11:18 AM
I moved to Lahndan three months ago, and since then it's been nothing but terrorism, horrendous fires, and general carnage. Getting quite sick of receiving texts from those that care about me back home (there are a few), checking to see whether I've perished in flames or at the hand of a machete.

Beer is cheap? In London? I need to go where you're drinking.

Two Peronis cost me the best part of £15 the other day :-(

Burney
06-16-2017, 11:19 AM

Hullo, splend! How the devil are you? Apart from all the terrorism and fires, I mean?

Burney
06-16-2017, 11:21 AM
Beer is cheap? In London? I need to go where you're drinking.

Two Peronis cost me the best part of £15 the other day :-(

You deserve it for drinking that poncified píss.

Lager drinkers really are know-nothing cùnts. Put a different label on your identical, chemical yellow fizz and you'll happily pay through the nose.

Rich
06-16-2017, 11:22 AM

Lager drinkers really are know-nothing cùnts. Put a different label on your identical, chemical yellow fizz and you'll happily pay through the nose.

Yeah but it was hot and sunny & my colleague refused a bottle of white. I felt emasculated buying two G&Ts so the Peroni trumped London Pride.

Burney
06-16-2017, 11:24 AM
Yeah but it was hot and sunny & my colleague refused a bottle of white. I felt emasculated buying two G&Ts so the Peroni trumped London Pride.

No excuse, I'm afraid. Nothing emasculating about a gin and tonic.

the splendor of antigone
06-16-2017, 11:30 AM
Awright*? (see, I have already assimilated seamlessly). I wanted to get away for a bit, so here I am, working for a mere pittance after word****ing it for 18 years or so in the educational system. Thigs are the usual 'round 'ere, I gather? Do fill me in.

*Thanks to Pat for his thread the other day about how furriners embarrass themselves by replying in earnest to this greeting. I can confirm, and people around me have now started saying 'Hey man!' instead to avoid becoming emotionally invested in my well-being

Burney
06-16-2017, 11:33 AM
Awright*? (see, I have already assimilated seamlessly). I wanted to get away for a bit, so here I am, working for a mere pittance after word****ing it for 18 years or so in the educational system. Thigs are the usual 'round 'ere, I gather? Do fill me in.

*Thanks to Pat for his thread the other day about how furriners embarrass themselves by replying in earnest to this greeting. I can confirm, and people around me have now started saying 'Hey man!' instead to avoid becoming emotionally invested in my well-being

Yes, yes. All good. Sir C's off on a week's hols, I think, but should be back next week. Sorry about all the death and disaster you've had to put up with. It isn't normally like this, I assure you.

barrybueno
06-16-2017, 11:39 AM

I hope I'm excluded from this B :lager: :-p

the splendor of antigone
06-16-2017, 11:40 AM
I'm glad to hear he hasn't croaked yet. And it's quite all right. If nothing else, disasters and devastation make for lively discussion on here.

Burney
06-16-2017, 11:44 AM
I hope I'm excluded from this B :lager: :-p

To be fair, Stella does at least taste different to most of the other lagers. Much, much more unpleasant, of course, but different.

barrybueno
06-16-2017, 11:48 AM
To be fair, Stella does at least taste different to most of the other lagers. Much, much more unpleasant, of course, but different.

I'll take that as a yes, cheers :thumbup:

Rich
06-16-2017, 11:50 AM

Where do you stand on IPAs? I rather like the Meantime/Camden wons.

IUFG
06-16-2017, 12:08 PM

around here its all Adnams and Greene King stuff. A real ale drinkers dream.

Pint of Heineken for me :vsign:

Though I do enjoy the odd Ghost Ship or Speckled Hen :hide:

Ash
06-16-2017, 12:12 PM
Pint of Heineken for me :vsign:

:hehe: Now that really is proper piss.

Ash
06-16-2017, 12:14 PM

All these IPAs are bantering us off with hopcùntery imo. I like grapefruit, but I don't want an ale to taste of it. The point of putting that much dettol in a beer was to stop it going off on a slow boat to India, not because people actually wanted to taste it.

[/rant]

Ash
06-16-2017, 12:17 PM

Good to see you again Splenders. Do stick around. The AWIMB squard has grown thin and you'd be like a new signing.:thumbup:

So whereabouts in our fine city have you laid your hat?

IUFG
06-16-2017, 12:17 PM
:hehe: Now that really is proper piss.

at least its a 5% proper piss.

Excise dodging ****s reducing their premium lagers down to 4.8%. Yes, I mean you Stella Artois, ****s.

Luis Anaconda
06-16-2017, 12:18 PM
at least its a 5% proper piss.

Excise dodging ****s reducing their premium lagers down to 4.8%. Yes, I mean you Stella Artois, ****s.

Ah bless. Do they still make beer that weak?

IUFG
06-16-2017, 12:22 PM
Ah bless. Do they still make beer that weak?

Unfortunately, yes.

That said, any lager at 6% and above is for the tramps to drink...

Ash
06-16-2017, 12:24 PM

Ooh, you sound like a beardy, sandal-wearing liberal when you go into CAMRA mode. :hehe: You are Dr Headgear and I claim my five pounds.

Ale in winter, lager in summer imo. And while we make good ales, the furrins generally make better lagers (with exceptions like Camden Hells and Korev)

Alberto Balsam Rodriguez
06-16-2017, 12:38 PM

:hehe: definitely has a beard :hehe:

Alberto Balsam Rodriguez
06-16-2017, 12:49 PM
UTTER CARNAGE!!!

Maybe he was drink driving?

SWv2
06-16-2017, 12:49 PM

To be fair I moved to London in 1987 and it was all terrorism and general carnage.

There was fires also, mainly in warehouses at weekends to keep people warm and for others to stare at in wonder for hours and hours.

Alberto Balsam Rodriguez
06-16-2017, 12:54 PM

Make sure you take your antihistamines before you drink 'em

Alberto Balsam Rodriguez
06-16-2017, 12:56 PM
Ooh, you sound like a beardy, sandal-wearing liberal when you go into CAMRA mode. :hehe: You are Dr Headgear and I claim my five pounds.

Ale in winter, lager in summer imo. And while we make good ales, the furrins generally make better lagers (with exceptions like Camden Hells and Korev)

Camden....1st week of October is the best lager week of the year imo

Burney
06-16-2017, 01:04 PM
All these IPAs are bantering us off with hopcùntery imo. I like grapefruit, but I don't want an ale to taste of it. The point of putting that much dettol in a beer was to stop it going off on a slow boat to India, not because people actually wanted to taste it.

[/rant]

Quite so, a. Quite so. Flowery, fruity hipster shīte most of these IPAs are.

Burney
06-16-2017, 01:05 PM
To be fair I moved to London in 1987 and it was all terrorism and general carnage.

Is this a confession, sw? :rubchin: Were you part of a sleeper cell?

Burney
06-16-2017, 01:08 PM

Oh, I have no beef with proper furrin lagers. I'll even drink them reasonably happily myself when I'm in some benighted country where proper ale is unavailable.
The issue I have is all this UK-brewed, hand-pumped fizz, most of which tastes exactly the same. And, hilariously, the punters pay more for this stuff, which is cheaper to produce and keep, than they do for real ales. Eeejits.

IUFG
06-16-2017, 01:16 PM
Oh, I have no beef with proper furrin lagers. I'll even drink them reasonably happily myself when I'm in some benighted country where proper ale is unavailable.
The issue I have is all this UK-brewed, hand-pumped fizz, most of which tastes exactly the same. And, hilariously, the punters pay more for this stuff, which is cheaper to produce and keep, than they do for real ales. Eeejits.

"brewed under licence in the UK..."

Now that is taking the piss. I suppose Peroni is still imported. As is the majority of Heineken.

San Miguel, produced in Leeds or Northanmpton?

Ash
06-16-2017, 01:20 PM

Still better than the Kroney made in Luton.

the splendor of antigone
06-16-2017, 01:21 PM
Were you the one who chased off Jorge? Where is he imo*? :cry: Was it the whole Brexit business?

*I take it we still use 'imo' gratuitously

Ash
06-16-2017, 01:25 PM
Were you the one who chased off Jorge? Where is he imo*? :cry: Was it the whole Brexit business?

Point of etiquette: We don't use tree view in the same way as we used to. In fact some of us don't use it at all. So if you could be so kind as to use the Reply With Quote button that would be *fabulous*.

And no, we don't abuse 'imo' quite as brutally as your example these days. Jorge (PBUI) is now stationed on social media firing out his campaign messages. I gather.

Burney
06-16-2017, 01:29 PM

I may have to put my hand up here. Jorge and I had a somewhat heated exchange over Brexit. Let's just say that some things were said (I forget the details) and j decided to jog on.

Pokster
06-16-2017, 01:33 PM

We still use your mum imo

the splendor of antigone
06-16-2017, 01:37 PM
Absolute :baghead: imo. But honestly, what the ****. :hehe: Can't wait to read that thread. I'll reserve judgment (sic) until then :judge:

the splendor of antigone
06-16-2017, 01:40 PM
well played :hehe:

Pokster
06-16-2017, 01:42 PM
well played :hehe:

Press reply with Quote you ****

IUFG
06-16-2017, 01:42 PM
who said that?

the splendor of antigone
06-16-2017, 01:44 PM
Press reply with Quote you ****

It really wasn't that memorable

Burney
06-16-2017, 02:08 PM
Absolute :baghead: imo. But honestly, what the ****. :hehe: Can't wait to read that thread. I'll reserve judgment (sic) until then :judge:

In my defence, I was quite drunk at the time.

World's End Stella
06-16-2017, 02:13 PM
"brewed under licence in the UK..."

Now that is taking the piss. I suppose Peroni is still imported. As is the majority of Heineken.

I have only two rules when it comes to beer:

1) all beer is good at some level; those who are pretentious about ales or lagers or stouts need to get a life*
2) Doombar is a vile, foul drink that only someone with no taste buds whatsoever could enjoy so if you like it your opinion on beer is of no value whatsoever

:judge:

* 2) invalidates 1) ever so slightly but so be it :-)

Rich
06-16-2017, 02:13 PM

I think B told J to f*ck off and die, amongst other things.

the splendor of antigone
06-16-2017, 02:28 PM
Thought that sort of light-hearted banter was par for the course on here :rubchin:

Rich
06-16-2017, 02:29 PM
Thought that sort of light-hearted banter was par for the course on here :rubchin:

Oh, it is. But J's feelings are easily hurt, it seems.

Burney
06-16-2017, 02:39 PM

Yes. I was very much the Thomas Mair to his Jo Cox, I'm afraid. :-\

Burney
06-16-2017, 02:41 PM

1) all beer is good at some level; those who are pretentious about ales or lagers or stouts need to get a life*
2) Doombar is a vile, foul drink that only someone with no taste buds whatsoever could enjoy so if you like it your opinion on beer is of no value whatsoever

:hehe: Treating beer as a thing worthy of discernment is pretentious, but dismissing the cuisines of two entire countries as unsophisticated is absolutely fine.

Ash
06-16-2017, 02:55 PM

:hehe:

Excel circular reference error. Please check your logical consistency and try again when you have debugged your hypocrisy. :thumbup:

SWv2
06-16-2017, 02:58 PM
I like beer.

I don't like Heineken but I would drink Heineken if there was no other beer on offer.

Burney
06-16-2017, 03:03 PM
I like beer.

I don't like Heineken but I would drink Heineken if there was no other beer on offer.

Carling, Fosters, Carlsberg, Becks Vier - all the same thing.

Ash
06-16-2017, 03:06 PM

:nod:

I went into a pub in Weymouth the other week looking for a cold one and was greeted with a row of pumps containing the first three you listed there. :-|

Needless to say I had the last laugh as I turned straight round and walked out.

SWv2
06-16-2017, 03:11 PM

I spent a pleasant 10 days in Portugal recently and took upon myself to drink Sagres for 10 days.

It would not win any awards but on occasions it was as drinkable as €1.50 and was fit for purpose.

Burney
06-16-2017, 03:11 PM
:nod:

I went into a pub in Weymouth the other week looking for a cold one and was greeted with a row of pumps containing the first three you listed there. :-|

And yet there are probably people who would describe one of the three as their 'favourite' despite it being identical to the others. :shrug:

Burney
06-16-2017, 03:13 PM
I spent a pleasant 10 days in Portugal recently and took upon myself to drink Sagres for 10 days.

It would not win any awards but on occasions it was as drinkable as €1.50 and was fit for purpose.

Yes, I've had that. Perfectly nice. I quite enjoyed Birra Moretti when I was in Sicily last year. Rehydrated a chap nicely and tasted perfectly pleasant. Haven't drunk it since, of course. What would be the point?

IUFG
06-16-2017, 03:48 PM

The barman at the Brixton Academy apologised for only having Carlsberg or Tuborg on offer. Credit it where it is due.

Unfortunately I had to force a couple of those piẞwassers down :-(

IUFG
06-16-2017, 03:50 PM

See also Super Bock

Ash
06-16-2017, 03:51 PM
See also Super Bock

I liked Super Bok. Quite malty ISTR.

IUFG
06-16-2017, 03:52 PM
I liked Super Bok. Quite malty ISTR.

I can only remember that it was passable (when as liquidy close to freezing point as possible)

SWv2
06-16-2017, 03:55 PM
I can only remember that it was passable (when as liquidy close to freezing point as possible)

The pool bar only did Sagres so I steamed in. On that basis when there was an option in the evening I sticked on it.

Having said that I had Super Bock in the fridge in the room.

There was a bar in Alvor offering John Smiths during the CL final but I am no philistine IUFG.

IUFG
06-16-2017, 03:58 PM
There was a bar in Alvor offering John Smiths during the CL final but I am no philistine IUFG.

wd, sw

Burney
06-16-2017, 04:01 PM
The pool bar only did Sagres so I steamed in. On that basis when there was an option in the evening I sticked on it.

Having said that I had Super Bock in the fridge in the room.

John Smiths - Fùcking hell, that stuff is appalling! Quite why anyone drinks that crap is beyond me. The brewery's in Tadcaster, which is also the site of Samuel Smith's brewery (they were brothers who fell out). By contrast, Sam Smith's beer is very good - and cheap.

redgunamo
06-16-2017, 04:15 PM
John Smiths - Fùcking hell, that stuff is appalling! Quite why anyone drinks that crap is beyond me. The brewery's in Tadcaster, which is also the site of Samuel Smith's brewery (they were brothers who fell out). By contrast, Sam Smith's beer is very good - and cheap.

Sam Smith is fantastic. Arguably my favourite performance of the last ten years, and I'd never even heard of the fellow before #FIFA16

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fB63ztKnGvo