PDA

View Full Version : Everton are already making signings of a quality we will struggle to match

Yesterday Once More
06-16-2017, 08:07 AM
Jordan Pickford, Davy Klaasen......and more to follow.

As usual, Wenger is not minded to do his business early. Groundhog Day is on an annual cycle.

Pat Vegas
06-16-2017, 08:11 AM
I couldn't agree more apart from finishing 14 points above them.

71 Guns - channeling the spirit of Mr Hat
06-16-2017, 08:13 AM

:hehe: :clap:

Wenger Out!

SWv2
06-16-2017, 08:22 AM

As usual, Wenger is not minded to do his business early. Groundhog Day is on an annual cycle.

Hmmm. I am not convinced you really thought this rant through but fair play to you anyway.

IUFG
06-16-2017, 08:28 AM

...and to think we missed out on Harry Maguire too :rolleyes:

Luis Anaconda
06-16-2017, 08:30 AM

They've signed exactly one more player than us you tedious arse

Billy Goat Sverige
06-16-2017, 08:31 AM

Awful post. We signed the best left wing back in the Bundesliga last season and you'll look a massive tit once Lacazette and Lemar are confirmed :cloud9:

Pat Vegas
06-16-2017, 08:32 AM
Awful post. We signed the best left wing back in the Bundesliga last season and you'll look a massive tit once Lacazette and Lemar are confirmed :cloud9:

Lemar? This transfer saga is a never ending story.

I ignore that other fella who is actually called Lemar as I don't know any of his songs.

SWv2
06-16-2017, 08:34 AM

Never mind the actual body of the post:

"Everton are already making signings of a quality we will struggle to match"

Sad days.

Pat Vegas
06-16-2017, 08:36 AM

Don't free transfers have a slightly weird feeling to them. I suspect people would have much rather have had us pay a load of money for him.

Alberto Balsam Rodriguez
06-16-2017, 08:37 AM

Let us not get carried away with thoughts of Lacazette and Lemar just yet.

71 Guns - channeling the spirit of Mr Hat
06-16-2017, 08:38 AM
Don't free transfers have a slightly weird feeling to them. I suspect people would have much rather have had us pay a load of money for him.

:nod: YOM would be much happier if we'd of singed John Stones for £100m rather than Rob Holding for 25p and a packet of Cheese n Onion discos.

Rich
06-16-2017, 08:44 AM
Let us not get carried away with thoughts of Lacazette and Lemar just yet.

Lacazette is clearly the French Darren Bent. I want Mbappe even if it means we don't buy another player for two years.

I have a good feeling that we'll get him as well. Why would he go to Madrid and be a bit part player? He can play for the club he supported as a boy, for a manager known for developing young talent. He can be the next TH14.

And we can give Giroud and Theo to Monaco as part of the deals for Mbappe and Lemar :cloud9:

IUFG
06-16-2017, 08:47 AM
... and Theo to Monaco as part of the deals for Mbappe and Lemar :cloud9:

but what is the quality of the coffee like in Monaco?

Rich
06-16-2017, 08:49 AM
but what is the quality of the coffee like in Monaco?

I'll do a monthly drive down to deliver Theo whichever coffee beans he desires, IUFG.

SWv2
06-16-2017, 08:50 AM
Lacazette is clearly the French Darren Bent. I want Mbappe even if it means we don't buy another player for two years.

I have a good feeling that we'll get him as well. Why would he go to Madrid and be a bit part player? He can play for the club he supported as a boy, for a manager known for developing young talent. He can be the next TH14.

And we can give Giroud and Theo to Monaco as part of the deals for Mbappe and Lemar :cloud9:

Relax Dick, between me and you I can confirm that we're actually in for Aubameyang. ITK.

Rich
06-16-2017, 08:51 AM
Relax Dick, between me and you I can confirm that we're actually in for Aubameyang. ITK.

Nah. He's off to China. These African types love the $$$. Nearly GBP700,000 pw he's going to make out there. Can't blame him, tbh.

SWv2
06-16-2017, 08:57 AM
Nah. He's off to China. These African types love the $$$. Nearly GBP700,000 pw he's going to make out there. Can't blame him, tbh.

Yeah, **** him.

You do realise we won't get Mbappe don't you? Just being serious for one second.

Billy Goat Sverige
06-16-2017, 08:57 AM
Yeah, **** him.

You do realise we won't get Mbappe don't you? Just being serious for one second.

It will be Lacazette and Lemar. Bookmark this.

Rich
06-16-2017, 09:00 AM
Yeah, **** him.

Why bloody not?! Arsene was in the kid's house this time last year. They love one another.

Rich
06-16-2017, 09:00 AM
It will be Lacazette and Lemar. Bookmark this.

Bore off with your Lacazette. He won't be any good in the PL. Not interested, thanks.

Billy Goat Sverige
06-16-2017, 09:02 AM
Bore off with your Lacazette. He won't be any good in the PL. Not interested, thanks.

He's quick, strong, and a great finisher off both feet. He's basically a better more exotic Defoe. He'd get 20 league goals at least.

Luis Anaconda
06-16-2017, 09:05 AM
Never mind the actual body of the post:

"Everton are already making signings of a quality we will struggle to match"

Sad days.
Yes - a 23-year-old goalkeeper with one half decent season for the one of the worst sides in Premiership history. Yom clearly is a massive retard

Luis Anaconda
06-16-2017, 09:06 AM
He's quick, strong, and a great finisher off both feet. He's basically a better more exotic Defoe. He'd get 20 league goals at least.

It's Rich, bgm, remember. No point talking sense

Rich
06-16-2017, 09:07 AM

But so would Giroud if he started all the time. I'd rather play Welbeck up top all of the time. Wenger clearly wants someone that is more than just a finisher - see Kylian Mbappe. I also like James at Madrid. Or if City want Alexis then we'll take Aguero.

If we don't get him I am going to be throwing my toys out of the pram.

Pokster
06-16-2017, 09:11 AM
Why bloody not?! Arsene was in the kid's house this time last year. They love one another.

He was in his house last year.... and he decided to sign a new contract and stay in Monaco

Rich
06-16-2017, 09:12 AM
He was in his house last year.... and he decided to sign a new contract and stay in Monaco

Because he was doing his exams and wanted to stay local. He's ready to leave for pastures new now.

Welcome to The Arsenal, Klyian.

Pokster
06-16-2017, 09:12 AM
But so would Giroud if he started all the time. I'd rather play Welbeck up top all of the time. Wenger clearly wants someone that is more than just a finisher - see Kylian Mbappe. I also like James at Madrid. Or if City want Alexis then we'll take Aguero.

The way you rant on here it wouldn't shock me if you did have a pram

Billy Goat Sverige
06-16-2017, 09:15 AM

You honestly believe Giroud would score 28 in 28 starts or 27 in 33? In the season Montpellier won the league he got 21 in 36 starts.

Pat Vegas
06-16-2017, 09:18 AM
You honestly believe Giroud would scored 28 in 28 starts or 27 in 33? In the season Montpellier won the league he got 21 in 36 starts.

The thing I am concerned with is if we get somebody in who scores 20 a season. This won't even cover Alexis's contribution once he buggers off. we need more goals from elsewhere.

Rich
06-16-2017, 09:19 AM
You honestly believe Giroud would scored 28 in 28 starts or 27 in 33? In the season Montpellier won the league he got 21 in 36 starts.

Lacazette has less than 1 in 2 throughout his Lyon career. He has 1 in 11 caps for France. In fact, Giroud has kept Lacazette out of the national team for a long time.

His YouTube clips are underwhelming, in the same way that Chamakh's were.

Don't think he'll improve us at all.

Ash
06-16-2017, 09:20 AM
Why would he go to Madrid and be a bit part player?

The SFC said that M. Soft Roll would start at whichever club he went to.

SWv2
06-16-2017, 09:21 AM

Indeed, perhaps his best chance to sign him when he was relatively unknown and he may have looked at Arsenal as a 100% upgrade.

Now he is possibly the hottest football property in Europe and would be welcomed by most clubs including all the bigger clubs than us, those who can play CL football next season while also perhaps offering more money to both him personally and also to his club, if that were an issue.

I do get the argument about his coming to us in terms of continued development, perhaps a stepping stone to one of the aforementioned larger clubs, but then one could argue to remain at a very good Monaco would represent as good a platform.

Monaco are also not going to sell all their players, that would be a madness. They have lost the wonderful Silva and are likely to lose the marvellous Bakayoko and Mendy among others.

redgunamo
06-16-2017, 09:25 AM
The SFC said that M. Soft Roll would start at whichever club he went to.

Good work, A.

SWv2
06-16-2017, 09:29 AM
The way you rant on here it wouldn't shock me if you did have a pram

He's a wind up P.

Most of us know this.

Alberto Balsam Rodriguez
06-16-2017, 09:29 AM

How will we notice the difference, r?

Ash
06-16-2017, 09:30 AM
The thing I am concerned with is if we get somebody in who scores 20 a season. This won't even cover Alexis's contribution once he buggers off. we need more goals from elsewhere.

With him not giving the ball away every four minutes we will have some chances for the other chaps to score some goals imo :nod:

Pat Vegas
06-16-2017, 09:33 AM
With him not giving the ball away every four minutes we will have some chances for the other chaps to score some goals imo :nod:

:nod: Nacho will score 20 next season.
As he always feels compelled to give the ball to Sanchez even if he is not in a advantageous position.

Rich
06-16-2017, 09:33 AM
Good work, A.

A very poor negotiating tactic. Why would He do that? Unless He knows that we've already got him and He's winding Madrid up.

Rich
06-16-2017, 09:34 AM
:nod: Nacho will score 20 next season.
As he always feels compelled to give the ball to Sanchez even if he is not in a advantageous position.

This is because Alexis is a bully. Shouting at players who don't do what he wants, when he wants.

Rich
06-16-2017, 09:36 AM
Indeed, perhaps his best chance to sign him when he was relatively unknown and he may have looked at Arsenal as a 100% upgrade.

Now he is possibly the hottest football property in Europe and would be welcomed by most clubs including all the bigger clubs than us, those who can play CL football next season while also perhaps offering more money to both him personally and also to his club, if that were an issue.

I do get the argument about his coming to us in terms of continued development, perhaps a stepping stone to one of the aforementioned larger clubs, but then one could argue to remain at a very good Monaco would represent as good a platform.

Monaco are also not going to sell all their players, that would be a madness. They have lost the wonderful Silva and are likely to lose the marvellous Bakayoko and Mendy among others.

Our biggest selling point if we get him will have been Arsene Wenger.

Pat Vegas
06-16-2017, 09:36 AM
This is because Alexis is a bully. Shouting at players who don't do what he wants, when he wants.

Often confused with being a Winner.

Billy Goat Sverige
06-16-2017, 09:37 AM
Lacazette has less than 1 in 2 throughout his Lyon career. He has 1 in 11 caps for France. In fact, Giroud has kept Lacazette out of the national team for a long time.

That's because he used to play as a winger you ****ing ignoramus. He started playing up front in 2013/14 and since then he has scored 91 in 133 league games. Better than 1 in 2.

Luis Anaconda
06-16-2017, 09:38 AM

So he had a slow start to his career. Last three seasons 76 goals in 97 games - rather impressive. Only an idiot would dismiss that

SWv2
06-16-2017, 09:40 AM
Our biggest selling point if we get him will have been Arsene Wenger.

True, I overlooked that.

Worked last summer.

redgunamo
06-16-2017, 09:40 AM
A very poor negotiating tactic. Why would He do that? Unless He knows that we've already got him and He's winding Madrid up.

He should tell him to join the Arsenal because there's no way he's good enough to play for Real Madrid?

redgunamo
06-16-2017, 09:51 AM

Maybe your mum was there, so no wonder he stayed.

Pat Vegas
06-16-2017, 09:54 AM
He should tell him to join the Arsenal because there's no way he's good enough to play for Real Madrid?

Or some go with come to Arsenal and if you are good you'll be snapped up within in a couple of years Madrid etc for even more money.

redgunamo
06-16-2017, 09:56 AM
Or some go with come to Arsenal and if you are good you'll be snapped up within in a couple of years Madrid etc for even more money.

Or even, Spend a couple of years on Madrid's bench and then join the Arsenal on the cheap :-\

Pat Vegas
06-16-2017, 09:57 AM
Or even, Spend a couple of years on Madrid's bench and then join the Arsenal on the cheap :-\

:nod: and in the meantime Sanogo will cover.

redgunamo
06-16-2017, 10:13 AM
:nod: and in the meantime Sanogo will cover.

Sorry to be the one to break this to you, P, but, regretfully, Sanogo has left the club.

Probably to join Real Madrid. On the cheap.

Ash
06-16-2017, 10:17 AM
Sorry to be the one to break this to you, P, but, regretfully, Sanogo has left the club.

:-( First van Percy, then Frank Sharkface, now this.

I suppose it was for 'footballing reasons'. :shout:

SWv2
06-16-2017, 10:19 AM

Probably to join Real Madrid. On the cheap.

Yaya Sanogoals.

To be fair in the AWIMB pantheon of humorous names attached to players and footballing people in general I quite liked this one.

Rich
06-16-2017, 10:22 AM

Come to Arsenal, I will do what I did for TH14. With you we can become a footballing superpower. If we don't, I will let you go to Madrid in 3 seasons when you coming into your peak. Arsenal win, Mbappe wins, Madrid win.

Luis Anaconda
06-16-2017, 10:25 AM
Come to Arsenal, I will do what I did for TH14. With you we can become a footballing superpower. If we don't, I will let you go to Madrid in 3 seasons when you coming into your peak. Arsenal win, Mbappe wins, Madrid win.

You have the mind of a small child - and not a particularly clever one at that

Rich
06-16-2017, 10:26 AM
You have the mind of a small child - and not a particularly clever one at that

Show your workings, please? I want Mbappe at The Arsenal. Is that such a crime? It does not take a genius to recognise that a young talent would be better served coming to Arsenal over Madrid in order to develop.

Burney
06-16-2017, 10:29 AM
Show your workings, please? I want Mbappe at The Arsenal. Is that such a crime? It does not take a genius to recognise that a young talent would be better served coming to Arsenal over Madrid in order to develop.

I don't like the sound of him. You can't trust people named after Hanson songs.

Luis Anaconda
06-16-2017, 10:29 AM

The case for the prosecution
http://www.awimb.com/search.php?searchid=198666

:judge: Guilty

Rich
06-16-2017, 10:30 AM

Sorry - no matches. Please try some different terms.

Rich
I don't like the sound of him. You can't trust people named after Hanson songs.

Maybe so, but have you seen him play football? His feet go in all sorts of directions and he confuses many defenders.

Ash

vBulletin Message
Sorry - no matches. Please try some different terms.

Burney
06-16-2017, 10:32 AM
Maybe so, but have you seen him play football? His feet go in all sorts of directions and he confuses many defenders.

Lord, no! It's all I can do to watch us play occasionally. I'm not going to spend my time watching other teams, ffs.

Alberto Balsam Rodriguez
06-16-2017, 10:48 AM

Was the search term "intelligence"?

barrybueno
06-16-2017, 11:41 AM
...and to think we missed out on Harry Maguire too :rolleyes:

Show me the money! I've got that a bit wrong haven't I?

redgunamo
06-16-2017, 11:59 AM
Show me the money! I've got that a bit wrong haven't I?

I'm afraid so. Decent effort though.

World's End Stella
06-16-2017, 01:56 PM

The argument against this signing would be that we could have easily afforded him last summer but weren't interested despite having spent a fair wedge. Given his age, why do you think Wenger would be interested now if he wasn't last summer?

FTR, no chance. Giroud is ahead of him in the French national team because he isn't actually that good.

Rich
06-16-2017, 02:06 PM
The argument against this signing would be that we could have easily afforded him last summer but weren't interested despite having spent a fair wedge. Given his age, why do you think Wenger would be interested now if he wasn't last summer?

FTR, no chance. Giroud is ahead of him in the French national team because he isn't actually that good.

Well said - He doesn't seem to be very good at dribbling the football either. Would rather play Lucas Perez more.