PDA

View Full Version : Another thing has struck me. How will the rather splendid Ruth Davidson, leader of

Burney
06-09-2017, 02:09 PM
the scotch Conservatives (on whom May also depends) feel about the tories sharing power with the DUP, what with her being a big married lezzer and them being fiercely opposed to gay marriage and everything?

This 'coalition' has the life expectancy of a fûcking fruit pastille imo. :hehe:

Pokster
06-09-2017, 02:13 PM
the scotch Conservatives (on whom May also depends) feel about the tories sharing power with the DUP, what with her being a big married lezzer and them being fiercely opposed to gay marriage and everything?

This 'coalition' has the life expectancy of a fûcking fruit pastille imo. :hehe:

I thought you weren't making political predictions after last night???? :judge: :sherlock: :watson:

Burney
06-09-2017, 02:21 PM
I thought you weren't making political predictions after last night???? :judge: :sherlock: :watson:

I hardly think it counts as a prediction to say that a coalition between a reasonably progressive, broad church tory party and a bunch of frothing-at-the-mouth hardcore protestant loons may have some insurmountable difficulties, p.

Pokster
06-09-2017, 02:23 PM
I hardly think it counts as a prediction to say that a coalition between a reasonably progressive, broad church tory party and a bunch of frothing-at-the-mouth hardcore protestant loons may have some insurmountable difficulties, p.

sorry, guilty.... can't wiggle out of it. You are worse than Hitler (or Corbyn if you prefer)

Luis Anaconda
06-09-2017, 02:29 PM

I think she is rather ace - her other half is Irish as well I think, just to add a little bit more spice

Ash
06-09-2017, 02:30 PM

The only thing making it funnier, from the popcorn-munching perspective, would be if the whole thing also depended on Sinn Fein not taking up their seats. Or does it already? I haven't done the mathematic.

Ash
06-09-2017, 02:31 PM
I think she is rather ace - her other half is Irish as well I think, just to add a little bit more spice

Who was the young lady sitting to Dimble Bee's right on the BBC coverage last night? Rather impressive on a number of levels, I thought.

Luis Anaconda
06-09-2017, 02:33 PM
Who was the young lady sitting to Dimble Bee's right on the BBC coverage last night? Rather impressive on a number of levels, I thought.

Didn't see it - shall have to research

Burney
06-09-2017, 02:34 PM

Yes. I'm slightly in love* with her. Although I appreciate I may be barking up entirely the wrong tree there.

A political figure who happily describes herself as "a boot-faced lesbian" will do for me.

*In an entirely non-sexual way, of course. I'm not blind.

Mo Britain less Europe
06-09-2017, 02:35 PM
I would shag her. Pretty sure I could cure her if she gave me the chance.

Burney
06-09-2017, 02:36 PM
The only thing making it funnier, from the popcorn-munching perspective, would be if the whole thing also depended on Sinn Fein not taking up their seats. Or does it already? I haven't done the mathematic.

I'm not sure, as the speaker can't vote either, so in fact 323 is the magic number, I think.

Anyway, the Shinners can hardly break a century-long position and suddenly decide they do recognise the authority of the British Parliament after all, can they? The oath to the Queen would be tricky for a start.

Ash
06-09-2017, 02:40 PM
I'm not sure, as the speaker can't vote either, so in fact 323 is the magic number, I think.

Anyway, the Shinners can hardly break a century-long position and suddenly decide they do recognise the authority of the British Parliament after all, can they? The oath to the Queen would be tricky for a start.

If the voters of Canterbury can break a century-long position all bets are off imo.

Especially if it pissed the DUP off.

Luis Anaconda
06-09-2017, 02:40 PM

Very true. New fave fact from the election - the Green Party has more leaders than MPs

Burney
06-09-2017, 02:42 PM
Very true. New fave fact from the election - the Green Party has more leaders than MPs

:hehe: My favourite image is of Jez sexually assaulting Emily Thornberry.

https://twitter.com/_youhadonejob1/status/873122022032723968

Mo Britain less Europe
06-09-2017, 02:44 PM
I wouldn't put it past Bercow to vote against the Tories.

Peter
06-09-2017, 02:49 PM

Historically they have always been the best of friends, b. And you know it.

Progressive .... ;) fox hunting, grammar schools, back to basics, the three R's........ you really are on form today ;)

Peter
06-09-2017, 02:51 PM

Irrelevant. Cons and DUP are at 328 so a small majority regardless.

Mo Britain less Europe
06-09-2017, 02:57 PM
To consider the three rs regressive is to consider churning out illiterates with no skills or education as "progressive". Easier to control is what makes them "progressive" so they can't catch out progressive nincompoops lack of numeracy.

Luis Anaconda
06-09-2017, 03:03 PM
:hehe: My favourite image is of Jez sexually assaulting Emily Thornberry.

https://twitter.com/_youhadonejob1/status/873122022032723968
:hehe: Can't be the first time he has felt a right tit recently, though

Ash
06-09-2017, 03:11 PM
:hehe: Can't be the first time he has felt a right tit recently, though

vg.

Might have been revenge for her describing the manifesto as the 'star of the campaign' earlier. Surely no leader who thinks he's played a good ninety wants to hear that.

Peter
06-09-2017, 03:16 PM
To consider the three rs regressive is to consider churning out illiterates with no skills or education as "progressive". Easier to control is what makes them "progressive" so they can't catch out progressive nincompoops lack of numeracy.

I didn't say it was regressive. It is hardly a modern, progressive notion though, is it.

Calling the Conservative Party progressive is heresy even within the party.