PDA

View Full Version : This World Cup in Russia next year.

Sir C
06-08-2017, 02:58 PM
The kick off times are all going to be manky, aren't they? :-(

Pat Vegas
06-08-2017, 03:00 PM

I wouldn't look that far ahead Sir C. We could all have been allaned by then.

Mo Britain less Europe
Not half as bad as Korea or USA. It's only a couple of hours ahead in Moscow.

Burney

Which bits of Russia are the games going to be in? St Petersburg will be OK. Vladivostok, less so.

Sir C
06-08-2017, 03:01 PM
Not half as bad as Korea or USA. It's only a couple of hours ahead in Moscow.

UTC+3. So an 8 pm kick off in Moscow will be 5 pm in UK.

I'll have to leave work early.

Burney
06-08-2017, 03:01 PM
I wouldn't look that far ahead Sir C. We could all have been allaned by then.

:nod: Now you're getting it, f. The allans are everywhere. All they have to do is poison the nation's curry supply and we're fvcked.

Sir C
06-08-2017, 03:02 PM
Which bits of Russia are the games going to be in? St Petersburg will be OK. Vladivostok, less so.

No idea. The semi-civilised bits, I supposed. So that's Moscow, Petersburg and... Moscow and Petersburg.

Pat Vegas
:nod: Now you're getting it, f. The allans are everywhere. All they have to do is poison the nation's curry supply and we're fvcked.

How come there isn't an Allan political party in the UK? they would win some areas imo.
Or perhaps there is.

Billy Goat Sverige
UTC+3. So an 8 pm kick off in Moscow will be 5 pm in UK.

I'll have to leave work early.

11:00, 14:00, 17:00 and 20:00 i think.

Sir C
06-08-2017, 03:04 PM

I'm going to have a curry tomorrow night, in a provincial town. I'm quite excited about it. There will be flock wallpaper and mild faecal contamination, won't there?

Sir C
06-08-2017, 03:05 PM
11:00, 14:00, 17:00 and 20:00 i think.

Russian time? Schweden time? White man's time?

Mo Britain less Europe
06-08-2017, 03:06 PM
I'm going to have a curry tomorrow night, in a provincial town. I'm quite excited about it. There will be flock wallpaper and mild faecal contamination, won't there?

Depends. There is a fantastic Indian restaurant in Birmingham, an equally splendid one in Salisbury. I can also recommend very good ones in Sheffield and Stratford-upon-Avon.

Luis Anaconda
06-08-2017, 03:07 PM
No idea. The semi-civilised bits, I supposed. So that's Moscow, Petersburg and... Moscow and Petersburg.

And Kaliningrad :nod: Practically German

Feel sorry for the poor sods who have to play in Yekaterinburg - just the thousand miles from Moscow

Sir C
Depends. There is a fantastic Indian restaurant in Birmingham, an equally splendid one in Salisbury. I can also recommend very good ones in Sheffield and Stratford-upon-Avon.

Shaftesbury?

Mo Britain less Europe
Sorry. Never been there.

Billy Goat Sverige
06-08-2017, 03:08 PM
Russian time? Schweden time? White man's time?

Yours. The games are at 13:00, 16:00, 19:00 and 22:00 Moscow time. Moscow is currently one hour ahead of us so they must be two ahead of you.

Sir C
06-08-2017, 03:09 PM
Sorry. Never been there.

There's one called 'Aroma'.

I'm not sure I fancy that. Aroma of what? Human arse?

Sir C
06-08-2017, 03:11 PM
Yours. The games are at 13:00, 16:00, 19:00 and 22:00 Moscow time. Moscow is currently one hour ahead of us so they must be two ahead of you.

I can't be watching football at 11 am. I'll be pissed all afternoon.

Luis Anaconda
06-08-2017, 03:13 PM
I can't be watching football at 11 am. I'll be pissed all afternoon.

Ah - England Argentina in 2002. Hammered by midday on a Friday

Sir C
06-08-2017, 03:14 PM
Ah - England Argentina in 2002. Hammered by midday on a Friday

:nod: I watched that at a friend's house in Germany, with beer and Weisswurst.

Burney
06-08-2017, 03:14 PM
How come there isn't an Allan political party in the UK? they would win some areas imo.
Or perhaps there is.

Respect effectively were and won in Tower Hamlets. However, the Labour Party in certain areas just responded by becoming in effect an Islamic party.

Burney
06-08-2017, 03:17 PM
There's one called 'Aroma'.

I'm not sure I fancy that. Aroma of what? Human arse?

I once went to one called Ghandi in Castle Donington. Seemed an odd choice to name a restaurant after a fella who spent most of his time on fasts and hunger strikes, but there you go.

Sir C
06-08-2017, 03:19 PM
I once went to one called Ghandi in Castle Donington. Seemed an odd choice to name a restaurant after a fella who spent most of his time on fasts and hunger strikes, but there you go.

Chinese food's much nicer, really. I ought to stick to dipping my balls in gloop, really.

Burney
06-08-2017, 03:22 PM
Chinese food's much nicer, really. I ought to stick to dipping my balls in gloop, really.

Yeah. There is something incredibly appetising about a curry at first, though. You get fired in with the bhajis, the bread, the rice, the beer and the curry and it's all going great until you suddenly realise you feel horribly bloated and somewhat queasy.

Sir C
06-08-2017, 03:27 PM
Yeah. There is something incredibly appetising about a curry at first, though. You get fired in with the bhajis, the bread, the rice, the beer and the curry and it's all going great until you suddenly realise you feel horribly bloated and somewhat queasy.

I like the poppadoms with great big heaps of lime pickle on best. Or with a bit of thon salad of onion, cucmber, tomato and coriander. After that it's just filling your face with indefinable meat in indefinable gravy, everything from the same bucket. Come to think of it I'm not looking forward to it after all.

World's End Stella
06-08-2017, 03:29 PM

See also fry ups imo.

Have never once felt good after consuming a fry up. Satiated to a certain extent, yes, But good? Never.

Burney
06-08-2017, 03:35 PM
See also fry ups imo.

Have never once felt good after consuming a fry up. Satiated to a certain extent, yes, But good? Never.

Yes. The most restorative breakfast for me is double boily egg and soldiers. It has all the good stuff, but not the grease or the guilt.

Sir C
06-08-2017, 03:41 PM
Yes. The most restorative breakfast for me is double boily egg and soldiers. It has all the good stuff, but not the grease or the guilt.

All the good stuff, you say?

You are now claiming that processed pork products are not 'the good stuff'.

Weirdo.

Luis Anaconda
06-08-2017, 03:42 PM

Weirdo.
maybe he's been Allanised - should we alert the authorities?

World's End Stella
06-08-2017, 03:44 PM

I know I'm going nowhere with you on this one, Burney, but I'm going to tell you anyway.

Mrs WES did a hangover breakfast for me a few weeks back. Toasted sourdough bread, two runny, poached eggs and sliced avocado between the eggs and the toast. The earthiness of the avocado, the creamy, lovely egg with salt and pepper and the crisp toast with butter seeping into it.

Stunning.

Sir C
06-08-2017, 03:46 PM
maybe he's been Allanised - should we alert the authorities?

There is clearly some mental disturbance here. Whilst I bow to no man in my appreciation of the boily egg (in a mug or in the shell) this dismissal of the rasher, the banger, the black pudding and the white pudding displays a degree of human degradation rarely witnessed outside the most extreme of madrasses.

World's End Stella
06-08-2017, 03:49 PM
There is clearly some mental disturbance here. Whilst I bow to no man in my appreciation of the boily egg (in a mug or in the shell) this dismissal of the rasher, the banger, the black pudding and the white pudding displays a degree of human degradation rarely witnessed outside the most extreme of madrasses.

We appreciate them all, we are merely recognizing the guilt that comes with them.

Runny poached eggs and crisp buttery toast have no such guilt and are equally wonderful imo. Especially with avocado. :-)

Sir C
06-08-2017, 03:50 PM
We appreciate them all, we are merely recognizing the guilt that comes with them.

Runny poached eggs and crisp buttery toast have no such guilt and are equally wonderful imo. Especially with avocado. :-)

If you came near my egg with a filthy, soapy avocado, I would be moved to strike you. Quite firmly. With a sausage.

Burney
06-08-2017, 03:52 PM

Weirdo.

Increasingly, I start to wonder whether they are, tbh. :-(

God's honest egg is a wondrous thing.

Burney
06-08-2017, 03:53 PM

A sausage, bacon, black and white pudding madras would be degrading.

Burney
06-08-2017, 03:55 PM
I know I'm going nowhere with you on this one, Burney, but I'm going to tell you anyway.

Mrs WES did a hangover breakfast for me a few weeks back. Toasted sourdough bread, two runny, poached eggs and sliced avocado between the eggs and the toast. The earthiness of the avocado, the creamy, lovely egg with salt and pepper and the crisp toast with butter seeping into it.

Stunning.

My daughter enjoys this abomination for some reason. I think it's a wonderful thing utterly ruined by avocado.

Did I tell you about the time in San Diego they put avocado and something called 'turkey bacon' in my Eggs Benedict? :-( A black day.

World's End Stella
06-08-2017, 04:22 PM
My daughter enjoys this abomination for some reason. I think it's a wonderful thing utterly ruined by avocado.

Did I tell you about the time in San Diego they put avocado and something called 'turkey bacon' in my Eggs Benedict? :-( A black day.

I would never go near turkey bacon :puke:

'Bennie places' are very de rigeur on the west coast of Canada and America. My sister took me to one in Vancouver and you could get all sorts. I went traditional of course, it is simply something that doesn't need messing with.

Mexican egg breakfast dishes also seem to be very popular as well and I have to say the place we found was quite exceptional. You inevitably end up with avocado in there somewhere, though.

Rich
06-08-2017, 04:23 PM
Shaftesbury?

Might you pop into EGHA while in the area?

Sir C
06-08-2017, 06:42 PM
Might you pop into EGHA while in the area?

I won my first aerobatic competition at Compton in 1988 :-(

barrybueno
06-08-2017, 07:38 PM

BST +2 to +5 Not too bad I suppose. Nothing like drinking Stella at 6am for the 2002 WC tho :lager::cloud9: