PDA

View Full Version : Can anybody confirm or deny whether a certain holy book

Ash
06-08-2017, 11:43 AM
instructs its followers on ~109 occasions to 'kill the infidels wherever you find them' or words to that effect? I read this somewhere recently and it sounds like a very high number, and was wondering if it has been made up by malicious people trying to cast aspersions on a religion of peace.

I ask if anyone knows about this because I don't really want to start typing "death to infidels" into a search engine.

Pat Vegas
06-08-2017, 11:50 AM
instructs its followers on ~109 occasions to 'kill the infidels wherever you find them' or words to that effect? I read this somewhere recently and it sounds like a very high number, and was wondering if it has been made up by malicious people trying to cast aspersions on a religion of peace.

I ask if anyone knows about this because I don't really want to start typing "death to infidels" into a search engine.

I have been thinking a lot lately not just about terrorism but the communities and people not integrating into society in the UK.

Whilst it's nice to have people from everywhere with different cultures. When you have these segregated communities (not just Muslim) I don't see what this adds to the country. This is even more so when you have a community who's religion is not compatible to the majority of the lifestyle and tradition of the country. Not just 'extremism' but simple things such as covering a woman up.

Monty92
06-08-2017, 11:52 AM
Why don't you just read it? It's not very long.

Billy Goat Sverige
06-08-2017, 11:54 AM

He might become one of them :-(

Burney
06-08-2017, 11:58 AM

This is the point at which Muslim scholars point out that this was said in the context of a war against those who sought to stop Islam. Of course, that is precisely the war that ISIS claim is constantly ongoing, since any and all unbelievers are an offence to Allah and his followers.

Given he's a supreme being and all and given that the Koran is his word as dictated to Mohammed, you'd have thought Allah could have made himself a bit clearer, really.

Ash
06-08-2017, 12:23 PM

Is it any good?

Ash
06-08-2017, 12:25 PM
He might become one of them :-(

Steady on. Bill. That's a bit harsh. I've read thousands of AWIMB posts without becoming a swivel-eyed, right-wing loon.

Luis Anaconda
06-08-2017, 12:27 PM

Entering Quran 109 gets you this - lots of links to Spiked there so I think you'll take it as gospel, so to speak :)
http://www.thereligionofpeace.com/pages/quran/violence.aspx

Ash
06-08-2017, 12:29 PM
This is the point at which Muslim scholars point out that this was said in the context of a war against those who sought to stop Islam. Of course, that is precisely the war that ISIS claim is constantly ongoing, since any and all unbelievers are an offence to Allah and his followers.

Given he's a supreme being and all and given that the Koran is his word as dictated to Mohammed, you'd have thought Allah could have made himself a bit clearer, really.

Notoriously vague and fickle entities, yer supreme beings. One minute they are foaming with rage and calling for the smiting of enemies, then next they are on about love and peace. Strong and stable leadership? They're all over the shop.

Burney
06-08-2017, 12:30 PM
Is it any good?

Fvck no. It's dreary b0llocks. It hasn't even got any good stories like the Bible does.

In fact, I can't think of anything less likely to convert you to Allanism than reading the fvcking thing.

Burney
06-08-2017, 12:31 PM
Notoriously vague and fickle entities, yer supreme beings. One minute they are foaming with rage and calling for the smiting of enemies, then next they are on about love and peace. Strong and stable leadership? They're all over the shop.

Ineffable is the word, I believe.

Sir C
06-08-2017, 12:39 PM

:hehe: Why? Do you think GCHQ are going to send the SAS bursting in through your window?

Sir C
06-08-2017, 12:40 PM
I have been thinking a lot lately not just about terrorism but the communities and people not integrating into society in the UK.

Whilst it's nice to have people from everywhere with different cultures. When you have these segregated communities (not just Muslim) I don't see what this adds to the country. This is even more so when you have a community who's religion is not compatible to the majority of the lifestyle and tradition of the country. Not just 'extremism' but simple things such as covering a woman up.

I agree. A million fúcking Paddies in Kilburn refusing to behave ina civilised manner.

Ash
06-08-2017, 12:47 PM
:hehe: Why? Do you think GCHQ are going to send the SAS bursting in through your window?

I think they're after me anyway after you tipped them off because you think I'm a traitor. ;-)

btw, the steam light on my wonderful coffee machine is flashing yellow. Does this mean I have to do something?

Sir C
06-08-2017, 12:49 PM
I think they're after me anyway after you tipped them off because you think I'm a traitor. ;-)

btw, the steam light on my wonderful coffee machine is flashing yellow. Does this mean I have to do something?

Ooh, I don't know, I'm afraid. I expect the instruction book is available online though. Do you use it every day?

Ash
06-08-2017, 12:49 PM
http://www.thereligionofpeace.com/pages/quran/violence.aspx

Ta. Some eye-popping stuff on there.

http://www.thereligionofpeace.com/attacks/attacks.aspx?Yr=Last30

During the last 30 days, there were 186 Islamic attacks in 27 countries, in which 1529 people were killed and 1788 injured. :yikes:

Ash
06-08-2017, 12:52 PM
Ooh, I don't know, I'm afraid. I expect the instruction book is available online though. Do you use it every day?

Oh yes. Often twice. I will hunt down the manual. :thumbup: I suspect it is due for a de-scaling. I got a shot of descaler with it.

Pat Vegas
06-08-2017, 12:52 PM
I agree. A million fúcking Paddies in Kilburn refusing to behave ina civilised manner.

:hehe: My neighbour is amazing. He some how tricked the landlord into moving in without a deposit. He has been there a year and hasn't paid a penny in rent.

He's quiet never around and says hello when I see him. The only thing is he is taking diabolical liberties with the spaces in the car park. Not sure how many cars he needs.

Sir C
06-08-2017, 12:53 PM
Oh yes. Often twice. I will hunt down the manual. :thumbup: I suspect it is due for a de-scaling. I got a shot of descaler with it.

Yes, I was remembering the descaler that came with it and wondering if that was required. I hope your coffee doesn't subsequently taste of chemicals.

Ash
06-08-2017, 12:54 PM
:hehe: My neighbour is amazing. He some how tricked the landlord into moving in without a deposit. He has been there a year and hasn't paid a penny in rent.

He's quiet never around and says hello when I see him. The only thing is he is taking diabolical liberties with the spaces in the car park. Not sure how many cars he needs.

What about the neighbour who was stealing your bin space?

Luis Anaconda
06-08-2017, 12:55 PM
Ta. Some eye-popping stuff on there.

http://www.thereligionofpeace.com/attacks/attacks.aspx?Yr=Last30

During the last 30 days, there were 186 Islamic attacks in 27 countries, in which 1529 people were killed and 1788 injured. :yikes:

I must admit the number surprised me - though their definition of terror attacks is quite wide:
"A pregnant woman is burnt alive by her family for marrying a Hindu man."

Horrific, yes but not exactly terrorism. Nor is the stabbing in Germany it mentions

Ash
06-08-2017, 12:55 PM
Yes, I was remembering the descaler that came with it and wondering if that was required. I hope your coffee doesn't subsequently taste of chemicals.

A barman at a pub I used to drink at dropped dead one day after pulling himself a sneaky pint after the pipes had been cleaned but not flushed properly. :-\

Sir C
06-08-2017, 12:58 PM
A barman at a pub I used to drink at dropped dead one day after pulling himself a sneaky pint after the pipes has been cleaned but not flushed properly. :-\

:-( Bin it. Get a new won.

It's not worth your life, a.

Ash
06-08-2017, 12:58 PM
I must admit the number surprised me - though their definition of terror attacks is quite wide:
"A pregnant woman is burnt alive by her family for marrying a Hindu man."

Horrific, yes but not exactly terrorism. Nor is the stabbing in Germany it mentions

"A father of two is stabbed to death by two Muslims for smoking during Ramadan and refusing to fast."

Enforcing islamic law with lethal violence isn't terrorism?

Viva Prat Vegas
06-08-2017, 01:05 PM

I flushed him down the bath plughole

Luis Anaconda
06-08-2017, 01:11 PM
"A father of two is stabbed to death by two Muslims for smoking during Ramadan and refusing to fast."

Enforcing islamic law with lethal violence isn't terrorism?

Argument between two people escalating into violence. Terrorism surely suggests an element of planning rather than a random act of anger, surely. Also only one person was stabby - the story I read had a rather different take

Pat Vegas
06-08-2017, 02:38 PM

That seemed to end,

Ash
06-08-2017, 03:46 PM
Argument between two people escalating into violence. Terrorism surely suggests an element of planning rather than a random act of anger, surely. Also only one person was stabby - the story I read had a rather different take

Ok. Let's subtract 1 from that which leaves just the 1,528 people killed in the last month. As for the pregnant woman burned alive by her own family for marrying a Hindu, maybe that isn't the best example of how a website might be exaggerating appalling murders carried out in the name of Islam.

EDIT: Unless, of course, it is untrue.

Luis Anaconda
06-08-2017, 03:58 PM
Ok. Let's subtract 1 from that which leaves just the 1,528 people killed in the last month. As for the pregnant woman burned alive by her own family for marrying a Hindu, maybe that isn't the best example of how a website might be exaggerating appalling murders carried out in the name of Islam.

:shrug: If they just lump any old murder in and call it terrorism, they are undermining their own case - inaccuracy is inaccuracy.

One thing I would also say, is while the murderers claim to carry out these crimes in the name of Islam, quite a large percentage of those killed are in fact Muslims - presumably peace-loving ones, so the overriding tone of damning the whole religion is rather disrespectful as well.

Monty92
06-08-2017, 05:08 PM
:shrug: If they just lump any old murder in and call it terrorism, they are undermining their own case - inaccuracy is inaccuracy.

One thing I would also say, is while the murderers claim to carry out these crimes in the name of Islam, quite a large percentage of those killed are in fact Muslims - presumably peace-loving ones, so the overriding tone of damning the whole religion is rather disrespectful as well.

Sorry? You're saying that you can't blame the whole religion for muslims killing muslims, even though the reason muslims kill other muslims is because one group of muslims has deemed another group of muslims to have deviated from the true religion, which is punishable by death ACCORDING TO THE F*CKING RELIGION?

dismalswamp
06-08-2017, 05:51 PM

yes, it's in the Medina. The Mecca, story of Allah is peaceful and tolerant on the whole, but those chapters are superceded by the Medina, the story of Mohammed, the 'perfect Muslim'. The pedo prophet chapters are not tolerant nor peaceful in any way. Yes he was a pedo, his wife was six but he only nobbed her thigh until she was nine! This is how this religion hides behind the religion of peace thing. For example if i wrote a book that Chapter 1 said everyone is lovely, let's all hold hands and dance in a circle, then chapter 2 said i was wrong about chapter 1, kill every **** instead - what would be the message of that book in reality?

Ash
06-08-2017, 06:21 PM

Muslim victims don't count because they're muslims? And the burning of a pregnant woman by her own family for apostasy is just "any old murder"?

dismalswamp
06-08-2017, 08:12 PM
i disagree, i think it is wrong to damn all muslims as most, like any other group of people are perfectly sane level headed people who disregard this nonsense and fairytale flying to the moon on a winged horse bull****. However there is nothing to be praised about Islam and it deserves to be damned. I would suggest that people go read it, find out for yourself before defending it. Not to say that the bible is any better, sharing the kill homosexuals and offer your daughter to a guest for the night passages that few people know exist.