PDA

View Full Version : Blimey. Iran's just blamed Saudi.

Burney
06-07-2017, 03:10 PM
https://twitter.com/ReutersWorld/status/872464833123405824

This could be fun. C'mon Iran!

Sir C
06-07-2017, 03:14 PM

Do the Iranians have much of an army? I think the last thing I heard was the Iraqis had knocked the shít out of them. I guess that's some time ago now.

I hope they don't invade. Petrol will be 8 quid a litre.

Rich
06-07-2017, 03:18 PM

I am going to Riyadh for a week in July :-( RIP Rich.

Wasn't looking forward to it before this. Can you believe that you can't even get booze in the hotels??! And shorts and short sleeved shirts are banned in public. Only going to be 46c when I'm there.

Burney
Do the Iranians have much of an army? I think the last thing I heard was the Iraqis had knocked the shít out of them. I guess that's some time ago now.

I hope they don't invade. Petrol will be 8 quid a litre.

I imagine they're reasonably capable. :shrug: I would just like to see the Saudis sh1t themselves, though.

Burney

Wasn't looking forward to it before this. Can you believe that you can't even get booze in the hotels??! And shorts and short sleeved shirts are banned in public. Only going to be 46c when I'm there.

Why the fvck would you even go there? It's literally one of the worst places on earth?

Sir C
06-07-2017, 03:19 PM
I imagine they're reasonably capable. :shrug: I would just like to see the Saudis sh1t themselves, though.

One assumes that as well as selling them Typhoons we train their crews? Those Iranians are fúcked.

Sir C
06-07-2017, 03:22 PM

Going on holiday with wes? He really knows how to put a resort, that dude.

Rich
06-07-2017, 03:22 PM
Why the fvck would you even go there? It's literally one of the worst places on earth?

Oh, I'm not going for a holiday. A client has requested an operation & I will travel out with the two surgeons to assist. Will be there longer than a week if there are complications during recovery :-(

Pat Vegas
06-07-2017, 03:25 PM
Oh, I'm not going for a holiday. A client has requested an operation & I will travel out with the two surgeons to assist. Will be there longer than a week if there are complications during recovery :-(

If it's going to be hot that's a lot of forehead wiping.

Burney
06-07-2017, 03:26 PM

I suppose you will at least have access to medical alcohol? Could be OK with the right mixer and lots of ice.

The easiest thing to ensure a quick exit would be to 'accidentally' kill the fvcker and do a runner. He's probably a dreadful sort anyway.

Burney
06-07-2017, 03:30 PM
One assumes that as well as selling them Typhoons we train their crews? Those Iranians are fúcked.

Oh yeah. :-( We wouldn't have given them the full training, though, surely?

Rich
06-07-2017, 03:31 PM
I suppose you will at least have access to medical alcohol? Could be OK with the right mixer and lots of ice.

The easiest thing to ensure a quick exit would be to 'accidentally' kill the fvcker and do a runner. He's probably a dreadful sort anyway.

An even more pressing concern is that it is forbidden to arrive in the country under the influence of alcohol. A chap was punished for just this with one year imprisonment and 360 lashes :-(

A question for Sir C: Will aircraft traveling to Saudi be equipped with alcohol, given that it is absolutely forbidden within the country, surely it is also illegal to have it stocked on-board an aircraft?

Rich
06-07-2017, 03:31 PM

Or we just leave bits off their Typhoons & be safe in the knowledge that ours are superior.

Sir C
06-07-2017, 03:33 PM
An even more pressing concern is that it is forbidden to arrive in the country under the influence of alcohol. A chap was punished for just this with one year imprisonment and 360 lashes :-(

A question for Sir C: Will aircraft traveling to Saudi be equipped with alcohol, given that it is absolutely forbidden within the country, surely it is also illegal to have it stocked on-board an aircraft?

In general aircraft stores are considered to be in customs bond and therefore not subject to local regulations, but those fúcking ayrabs are as mental as mince, so your guess is as good as mine.

Sir C
06-07-2017, 03:34 PM

Well we won't have trained them to be English gentlemen, that's for certain.

Burney
06-07-2017, 03:34 PM
Or we just leave bits off their Typhoons & be safe in the knowledge that ours are superior.

From my dealings with BAE Systems, I'm assured that we always keep the best stuff back just for ourselves and never sell foreign powers fully-capable weapons systems.

Burney
06-07-2017, 03:37 PM
In general aircraft stores are considered to be in customs bond and therefore not subject to local regulations, but those fúcking ayrabs are as mental as mince, so your guess is as good as mine.

They're fvcking surgeons ffs! Surely they can bring as much alcohol as they like for medical purposes? Just pop gin into the bottles and you're away imo.

Rich
06-07-2017, 03:38 PM

Ergh - They have even chartered a G6000 from Farnborough for us, so cannot circumvent the issue by flying in via one of the Emirates.

Rich
06-07-2017, 03:38 PM
They're fvcking surgeons ffs! Surely they can bring as much alcohol as they like for medical purposes? Just pop gin into the bottles and you're away imo.

Does that not smack a leetle bit of desperation?

Burney
06-07-2017, 03:48 PM
Does that not smack a leetle bit of desperation?

Talk to me about desperation after eeks of enforced sobriety, mate.

Rich
06-07-2017, 03:58 PM
Talk to me about desperation after eeks of enforced sobriety, mate.

I am considering taking up smoking (or at least shisha) for the time I am there so I can at least get some form of stimulus.

I'll have to ensure I have some good books :-(

Burney
06-07-2017, 04:05 PM
I am considering taking up smoking (or at least shisha) for the time I am there so I can at least get some form of stimulus.

I'll have to ensure I have some good books :-(

Just make sure your books aren't on the banned list :thumbup:

Seriously, enjoy your holiday in the 7th century. :hehe:

Sir C
06-07-2017, 04:06 PM
Ergh - They have even chartered a G6000 from Farnborough for us, so cannot circumvent the issue by flying in via one of the Emirates.

Ergh indeed. Claustrophobic tube for such a flight.

Rich
06-07-2017, 04:15 PM
Just make sure your books aren't on the banned list :thumbup:

Seriously, enjoy your holiday in the 7th century. :hehe:

They are not jolly well rifling through my possessions to check for items on a banned list, I'll tell you that much right now.

redgunamo
06-07-2017, 04:30 PM

I like the place. Truly excellent hounds.