PDA

View Full Version : Ariana Grande.

Sir C
06-05-2017, 08:23 AM
I'm going to be honest with you, I'd never heard of her until the unfortunate incident a few weeks ago. What a remarkably mature young girl she seems.

It's somewhat depressing just how bland young peoples' music is, though. Her, the Perry woman, thon loony Bieber, some Irish fellow... beige, beige, beige beige beige nothingness. I mean, when Coldplay come on and instantly blow everything that came before into the weeds with what feels like an honest to God rock n roll show, you know how much your brain has been mulched by the previous hours pap.

wd liam, though. :hehe:

Some bloke on twitter: 'What does Liam wear in winter?' :hehe:

Pat Vegas
06-05-2017, 08:25 AM
I'm going to be honest with you, I'd never heard of her until the unfortunate incident a few weeks ago. What a remarkably mature young girl she seems.

It's somewhat depressing just how bland young peoples' music is, though. Her, the Perry woman, thon loony Bieber, some Irish fellow... beige, beige, beige beige beige nothingness. I mean, when Coldplay come on and instantly blow everything that came before into the weeds with what feels like an honest to God rock n roll show, you know how much your brain has been mulched by the previous hours pap.

Best description of Robbie Williams I read last night.

A fat karaoke singer who can't even cover his own songs.

IUFG
06-05-2017, 08:26 AM

:nod: shamelessly promoting a new track at tribute concert :thumbup:

Rich
06-05-2017, 08:28 AM

I found her to be quite pleasing on the eye. As you say, conducted herself with class & comes out from it with a great deal of credit. Wd AG.

Sir C
06-05-2017, 08:29 AM
:nod: shamelessly promoting a new track at tribute concert :thumbup:

It would appear, from the abuse he is hurling at Noel on twitter this morning, that he expected his brother to be there and do a song with him. I suspect his price for agreeing to be on stage with Noel was, 'I'll do Wonderwall with our kid but I want to play one of my own songs as well.'

The daft búgger.

World's End Stella
06-05-2017, 08:33 AM
It would appear, from the abuse he is hurling at Noel on twitter this morning, that he expected his brother to be there and do a song with him. I suspect his price for agreeing to be on stage with Noel was, 'I'll do Wonderwall with our kid but I want to play one of my own songs as well.'

The daft búgger.

I thought the whole thing was rolling along very well until Liam came on stage and killed it.

Does he always sing through his nose?

Pat Vegas
06-05-2017, 08:41 AM
I thought the whole thing was rolling along very well until Liam came on stage and killed it.

I didn't like the woman with the piano.
she was what they call in the industry a 'toilet break'

Sir C
06-05-2017, 08:43 AM

:shrug: Liam came out and demonstrated what a rock n roll show should be.

Burney
06-05-2017, 08:46 AM

I'm somewhat shocked that you watched the awful thing. Mind you, I'm shocked anyone did. Personally, a couple of minutes of the mawkish shïte was enough to make me want to kick my telly in.

Pokster
06-05-2017, 08:47 AM
I'm somewhat shocked that you watched the awful thing. Mind you, I'm shocked anyone did. Personally, a couple of minutes of the mawkish shïte was enough to make me want to kick my telly in.

I really do think you are now the top chip pisser on here

World's End Stella
06-05-2017, 08:50 AM

Really? I didn't recognize or enjoy one of his songs (well one I might have slightly recognized) and as far as I could tell neither did the overwhelming majority of the audience. It was painful to see loads of spectators slightly swaying to not very good songs they didn't recognize. As opposed to the way they were bouncing around when the Coldplay chap was on.

I thought the difference was rather glaring.

Pokster
06-05-2017, 08:52 AM
Really? I didn't recognize or enjoy one of his songs (well one I might have slightly recognized) and as far as I could tell neither did the overwhelming majority of the audience. It was painful to see loads of spectators slightly swaying to not very good songs they didn't recognize. As opposed to the way they were bouncing around when the Coldplay chap was on.

You partly recognised only 1 of his songs????

Also the audience was younger than for an Oasis gig, so not a shock some wouldn't know his music as compared to Coldplay (regardless of what you think of them) are a current band who write easy to remember songs

Sir C
06-05-2017, 08:53 AM

Like another twitter genius remarked, "LIam there staring out 50,000 9 year olds who just wanted a night out." :hehe:

Sir C
06-05-2017, 08:54 AM
I found her to be quite pleasing on the eye. As you say, conducted herself with class & comes out from it with a great deal of credit. Wd AG.

Pleasing on the eye like a kitten, or photograph of a sunset? Quite aside from her youth she struck me as entirely asexual.

IUFG
06-05-2017, 09:02 AM
...Quite aside from her youth she struck me as entirely asexual.

I don't think the oversized, baggy clothing she wears helps in that particular department...

Billy Goat Sverige
06-05-2017, 09:09 AM

I read a comment on twitter "Noel hates his brother more than ISIS" :hehe:

Liam also tweeted this morning

Liam Gallagher‏Verified account @liamgallagher 2h2 hours ago
Oh and if anybody's seen rkid tell him he can come out now as you were LG x

Liam Gallagher‏Verified account @liamgallagher 2h2 hours ago
Noels out of the ****ing country weren't we all love get on a ****ing plane and play your tunes for the kids you sad ****

Brotherly love :clap:

Norn Iron
06-05-2017, 11:15 AM

It was to raise money for the victims so in that sense it was good. It also got some of the kids that were at the concert back doing normal things. It was definitely a good thing imo.

Rich
06-05-2017, 11:20 AM
Pleasing on the eye like a kitten, or photograph of a sunset? Quite aside from her youth she struck me as entirely asexual.

I mean that I found her physically attractive. Probably not the time or place place to show off provocative dance moves, really.

Sir C
06-05-2017, 11:33 AM

I rather enjoyed it; it was interesting to see what young people listen to. And I like 'live' music anyway, as you know.