PDA

View Full Version : So amongst the carnage, you can always count on Donald to shine through

World's End Stella
06-05-2017, 07:38 AM
as a paragon of stupidity.

According to Donald, we aren't talking about gun control now because they used a truck and knives. :hehe:

That, Donald, is intellectual genius.

Pat Vegas
06-05-2017, 07:48 AM

According to Donald, we aren't talking about gun control now because they used a truck and knives. :hehe:

During the saturday night events I decided to watch foreign news coverage. was far more entertaining.

There's always canadians about. one deaded and they interviewed those dancers. it's weird I never meet any canadians.

Burney
06-05-2017, 08:41 AM

Actually, I'd say Saturday made a very good case for the routine arming of our police force. Policemen were on the spot. Had they been armed properly, fewer people would now be dead.

Pokster
06-05-2017, 08:46 AM
Actually, I'd say Saturday made a very good case for the routine arming of our police force. Policemen were on the spot. Had they been armed properly, fewer people would now be dead.

Problem is you can't just arm officers... we have less armed officers now than a few years ago... not all officers want to be armed and i should imagine that not all would pass the training to be armed

World's End Stella
06-05-2017, 08:51 AM

I'm pretty sure Donald wasn't talking about arming the police in his quote. Not to mention the obvious flaw in his thinking.

Burney
06-05-2017, 08:56 AM
Problem is you can't just arm officers... we have less armed officers now than a few years ago... not all officers want to be armed and i should imagine that not all would pass the training to be armed

I'm not really interested in what they want. Their job is to protect the public and if firearms make the public safer and the government of the country decides they must be competent to carry firearms, then it will be phased in. Those who don't want to use firearms they are welcome to resign and those who can't should be put in roles more suited to their talents. Then you make the carrying of firearms a mandatory duty for all new recruits. Hey presto, in a few years' time, we have a properly armed police force.

Pokster
06-05-2017, 08:58 AM
I'm not really interested in what they want. Their job is to protect the public and if firearms make the public safer and the government of the country decides they must be competent to carry firearms, then it will be phased in. Those who don't want to use firearms they are welcome to resign and those who can't should be put in roles more suited to their talents. Then you make the carrying of firearms a mandatory duty for all new recruits. Hey presto, in a few years' time, we have a properly armed police force.

And while we are waiting for "a few years time" this continues??? I actually like the fact our officers aren't all armed