PDA

View Full Version : So reliable sources are stating that we've offered EUR 100million for Mbappe and that

Rich
06-02-2017, 08:15 AM
Wenger is the coach that he would prefer to work with.

One sticking point - Real already had an offer of EUR 130million rejected. So why have we tested the waters with an offer of EUR30million less?

Sir C
06-02-2017, 08:18 AM

One sticking point - Real already had an offer of EUR 130million rejected. So why have we tested the waters with an offer of EUR30million less?

It's probably not true. The whole thing is probably best ignored until there's an announcement by the club.

We've got three months of this :-(

PSRB
06-02-2017, 08:18 AM

How reliable was the source on the Madrid "offer"? Maybe we've offered them better payment terms, as in we'll actually pay.

Billy Goat Sverige
06-02-2017, 08:20 AM

I doubt Real bid €130m for him.

PSRB
06-02-2017, 08:22 AM
It's probably not true. The whole thing is probably best ignored until there's an announcement by the club.

We've got three months of this :-(

Apparently Ozil has agreed terms :-)

.....with us, thought I should add that

Rich
06-02-2017, 08:24 AM
How reliable was the source on the Madrid "offer"? Maybe we've offered them better payment terms, as in we'll actually pay.

I actually have no idea what the source was. Marca, one assumes?

World's End Stella
06-02-2017, 08:25 AM
Isn't he only 18 or 19 or summat?

Joining Real at this point would be a bad idea, and I expect he knows that. I can actually see this one happening if we were willing to shell out the money.

So no chance, basically.

Sir C
06-02-2017, 08:26 AM
Apparently Ozil has agreed terms :-)

.....with us, thought I should add that

Ozil and Mbappe will be our new Henry and Bergkamp.

We just need to find a slightly camp Scandiwegian and it's 2002 all over again.

Billy Goat Sverige
06-02-2017, 08:28 AM

Forsberg. He's from the town i live in as well :cloud9:

Sir C
06-02-2017, 08:31 AM
Forsberg. He's from the town i live in as well :cloud9:

Can you pop round and have a word? I can smell the Double from here, b. It's in the bag!

Pokster
06-02-2017, 08:32 AM

Stick Headgear in a dress..... on second thoughts.................

redgunamo
06-02-2017, 08:38 AM

Dennis Bergkamp scored over 300 goals.

Just sayin'..

Pokster
06-02-2017, 08:42 AM

As stated earlier, payment terms, % profit when we sell him in 3-4 years..... also depends if either source is actually correct

Sir C
06-02-2017, 08:51 AM

Hold on, hold on! According to some bloke on Twitter, it's confirmed as a done deal! Announcement at 5 pm today.

wd aw.

Sir C
06-02-2017, 09:01 AM
Hold on, hold on! According to some bloke on Twitter, it's confirmed as a done deal! Announcement at 5 pm today.

wd aw.

Wait! Another bloke on Twitter says the bid has been rejected!

Thanks God we've got people on the inside providing clarity.

Pat Vegas
06-02-2017, 09:09 AM

Normally I would ignore such a story. However If a big purchase like this was made by Arsenal I wouldn't be surprised.
However it means Sanchez is will be leaving.

redgunamo
06-02-2017, 09:10 AM
As stated earlier, payment terms, % profit when we sell him in 3-4 years..... also depends if either source is actually correct

If we are indeed interested, I think we'll get him. Any sticking points would have surely been made clear/ironed out over coffee and croissants with Wenger at the fellow's house last year or whenever it was?

redgunamo
06-02-2017, 09:11 AM
Normally I would ignore such a story. However If a big purchase like this was made by Arsenal I wouldn't be surprised.

Bloody Champions League :-(

redgunamo
06-02-2017, 09:11 AM
Wait! Another bloke on Twitter says the bid has been rejected!

Thanks God we've got people on the inside providing clarity.

I love all this stuff! It's terrific, imo.

Rich
06-02-2017, 09:15 AM

Good. We can sign Mbappe and Lacazette with his wages.

Sir C
06-02-2017, 09:16 AM

If you're happy r, I'm happy.

Rich
06-02-2017, 09:19 AM

Bid rejected according to Telegraph who also state that Madrid had EUR120million rejected as well.

State that Monaco not willing to sell and player not agitating for a move. So sounds like we need to hope that he really wants to join The Arsenal and goes and tells the powers that be at Monaco this. Arsene will also have to return with an improved offer. So essentially it's not happening. Never mind. Lacazette it is - Feels like second best.

http://www.telegraph.co.uk/football/2017/06/02/monaco-reject-arsenals-87m-kylian-mbappe-bid/

redgunamo
06-02-2017, 09:27 AM
Bid rejected according to Telegraph who also state that Madrid had EUR120million rejected as well.

State that Monaco not willing to sell and player not agitating for a move. So sounds like we need to hope that he really wants to join The Arsenal and goes and tells the powers that be at Monaco this. Arsene will also have to return with an improved offer. So essentially it's not happening. Never mind. Lacazette it is - Feels like second best.

http://www.telegraph.co.uk/football/2017/06/02/monaco-reject-arsenals-87m-kylian-mbappe-bid/

Your mum feels like second best :-|