PDA

View Full Version : So what players are surplus to requirements at the Arsenal?

Pat Vegas
06-01-2017, 01:23 PM
Whilst we had a tough season there are a number of quality players in certain areas.

Players I like such as Elneny. I can't see where he will fit in.

If we've signed this Left back from Schalke then perhaps that's the end of Gibbs. Unless we sell Monreal but I would like to keep him I think he's really good. Perez will go it's a shame as I think he looked rather good.

Don't see where Wilshere will fit in or Chambers,

Outs.
Campbell, Debuchy, Jenkinson, Sanogo :hehe:

redgunamo
06-01-2017, 01:35 PM
Whilst we had a tough season there are a number of quality players in certain areas.

If we've signed this Left back from Schalke then perhaps that's the end of Gibbs. Unless we sell Monreal but I would like to keep him I think he's really good. Perez will go it's a shame as I think he looked rather good.

Outs.

Depends, dunnit. Maybe none of them are.

I mean, we won't force them out or give them away for free, so there have to be buyers before we can sell.

Or at least "takers", I suppose.

Pat Vegas
06-01-2017, 01:37 PM
Depends, dunnit. Maybe none of them are.

I mean, we won't force them out or give them away for free, so there have to be buyers before we can sell.

Or at least "takers", I suppose.

It's weird we have areas that we need to improve but we are pretty full position wise.
Very strong if some players don't mind being on the bench sometimes.

Billy Goat Sverige
06-01-2017, 01:55 PM

Outs.

Players i think that will leave

Gibbs, Chamberlain, Perez, Wilshere, one of Gabriel or Chambers, and Giroud.

Also the the four you mention.

PSRB
06-01-2017, 02:00 PM
Players i think that will leave

Gibbs, Chamberlain, Perez, Wilshere, one of Gabriel or Chambers, and Giroud.

Also the the four you mention.

Walcott I reckon. I'll be bloody annoyed if Giroud goes

Pat Vegas
06-01-2017, 02:01 PM

I can only see him going if we sign a striker.
But I think he's probably happy at Arsenal he's got a good gig imo

Sir C
06-01-2017, 02:03 PM

Outs.

Sanchez. If we're to win the title next season we'll need team players, not prima donnas.

Billy Goat Sverige
06-01-2017, 02:08 PM

There's just been stories come out of him saying he wants more playing time next season and we're probably going to sign a striker. He'll ask to leave imo.

Pat Vegas
06-01-2017, 02:09 PM
Sanchez. If we're to win the title next season we'll need team players, not prima donnas.

I was watching him having a sing song in the locker room with the rest of the team.

This Wenger staying has been anticlimactic. I want to know what happened during our weird phase.

Sir C
06-01-2017, 02:10 PM
I was watching him having a sing song in the locker room with the rest of the team.

This Wenger staying has been anticlimactic. I want to know what happened during our weird phase.

He hasn't learnt to speak English.

We don't want his sort at our club, f.

Pokster
06-01-2017, 02:11 PM

Outs.

We will sell at least 1 GK, will WS be happy to come back as number 2 , does DO really want to go?

Pat Vegas
06-01-2017, 02:12 PM
We will sell at least 1 GK, will WS be happy to come back as number 2 , does DO really want to go?

Ospina seems linked with a turkish club every window. I think he'll stay. He'll get a lot of Europa league action.
And it was nice to see there is a good relationship between him and Cech as Cech went straight to him to congratulate him at the final whistle

Mo Britain less Europe
06-01-2017, 02:47 PM
Ospina seems linked with a turkish club every window. I think he'll stay. He'll get a lot of Europa league action.
And it was nice to see there is a good relationship between him and Cech as Cech went straight to him to congratulate him at the final whistle

He had every right to feel aggrieved.

IUFG
06-01-2017, 02:51 PM
Outs.

Sir Chesney
Debuchy
Gibbs
Wilshere
Monreal
Jenkinson
Chambers
Iwobi
sanogo
Walcott
Chambers
Campbell
Akpom
Wenger

Pat Vegas
06-01-2017, 03:01 PM
Sir Chesney
Debuchy
Gibbs
Wilshere
Monreal
Jenkinson
Chambers
Iwobi
sanogo
Walcott
Chambers
Campbell
Akpom
Wenger

We should loan Iwobi.

Mo Britain less Europe
06-01-2017, 03:26 PM
Iwobi is a very good player. He needs to play or to be loaned, it would be a mistake to lose him as it was to lose Gnabry and as it would be to lose Ox.

Pat Vegas
06-01-2017, 03:28 PM

In fact he made the others sign in Spanish.

I also overheard Keown swearing when talking someone. Nice to see Rosicky in the tunnel.

Rich
06-01-2017, 03:43 PM

Outs.

Gibbs
Walcott
Schezeney/Ospina
Alexis
Campbell
Debuchy
Jenkinson
Sanogo

Wilshere won't go if Cazorla is indeed out until next year.

Alberto Balsam Rodriguez
06-01-2017, 08:28 PM
Kronke, Usmanov, Keswick, Gazidis, Law are all surplus to requirements...

Mo Britain less Europe
06-01-2017, 09:28 PM
Usmanov? He could take us to the top of the pile.

Alberto Balsam Rodriguez
06-01-2017, 09:43 PM
Usmanov? He could take us to the top of the pile.

Show your workings!!!

eastgermanautos
06-02-2017, 06:01 AM
Sir Chesney
Debuchy
Gibbs
Wilshere
Monreal
Jenkinson
Chambers
Iwobi
sanogo
Walcott
Chambers
Campbell
Akpom
Wenger

Iwobi clearly stays. The rest can fvck off. Also someone mentioned Gabriel. Gabriel has clearly done enough to justify staying.

The person who pisses me off is Walcott. He's always kind of on the cusp. Then you realize that there is an entire category of people who are just like this. He needs to go off to Swansea or something.

redgunamo
06-02-2017, 08:00 AM
Show your workings!!!

The idea seems to be that he will buy us the European Cup, Roman Abramovich-style. Whether he's ever made any definate pledge to this effect, I do not know.

eastgermanautos
06-02-2017, 12:48 PM
The idea seems to be that he will buy us the European Cup, Roman Abramovich-style. Whether he's ever made any definate pledge to this effect, I do not know.

He does not have quite the same élan as Abramovich. Give Abramovich credit, he's a dapper sort. Also of the Hebrew persuasion, which means his criminality is somewhat excused. What else they gonna do, right? But this fat Uzbek just does not spread joy.

Ash
06-04-2017, 12:26 PM

Little bit harsh on Arsene, that.

Mo Britain less Europe
06-04-2017, 12:36 PM
Show your workings!!!

Note I said "could". What is clear that the Kronke model of "responsible" ownership isn't going to.

Kronke owns clubs as part of a portfolio of investments, concerned with capital growth rather than sporting achievments. In other words, do enough to be there (remember the Americans don't believe in relegation) but not enough to win the thing.

Usmnaov is 63. A man in a hurry. Arguably wealthier than Abramovich. He wants to own a successful team, I suspect he wants to eclipse Abramovich. He suggested a rights issue in the past to put funds into the club but I am pretty certain he would either put his own money into the club or secure us immeasurably better commercial deals.