PDA

View Full Version : Delighted to see we will only countenance top, top quality additions to the squad.

devongunner
05-31-2017, 03:12 PM
We haven't been there before or heard that committment so has to be positive

The Rob2
05-31-2017, 03:22 PM
The whole interview is full of soundbites we've all heard before. It could easily be random clippings from any interview he's done in the last decade. We'll start the season unprepared, make some last minute signings. Then "judge me in may" will come out. And groundhog day continues

Mo Britain less Europe
05-31-2017, 03:58 PM
We need to make a couple of quality signings, hang on to AS, MO and Ox and get rid of at least half a dozen players.

Rich
05-31-2017, 04:11 PM
We need to make a couple of quality signings, hang on to AS, MO and Ox and get rid of at least half a dozen players.

What do you know of this Belotti chap? Seems we might have a clear run at him.

Mo Britain less Europe
05-31-2017, 04:26 PM
Not much. Could be a younger Lucas Perez. One successful season in a top league, will he have another? Seems to be very expensive.

redgunamo
05-31-2017, 04:34 PM
Not much. Could be a younger Lucas Perez. One successful season in a top league, will he have another? Seems to be very expensive.

He's quite young though, I think. Could be worth a go.

Italian players in the Premier League though; hmm :rubchin:

Alberto Balsam Rodriguez
05-31-2017, 08:22 PM

We need more than a couple

Mo Britain less Europe
05-31-2017, 09:07 PM
We need more than a couple

We won't get them. Already have the left-back and the two promising kids. We'll be lucky to get two quality players, if we're very lucky one of whom will be "top, top quality", and we'll have to hope that we have fewer injuries and that we get the tactical side and the willingness to mix it more often than we have this season.

Alberto Balsam Rodriguez
05-31-2017, 09:51 PM
We won't get them. Already have the left-back and the two promising kids. We'll be lucky to get two quality players, if we're very lucky one of whom will be "top, top quality", and we'll have to hope that we have fewer injuries and that we get the tactical side and the willingness to mix it more often than we have this season.

Don't get confused between what we need and what we will get.

Mo Britain less Europe
06-01-2017, 07:28 AM
I don't. There will be no major overhaul, a couple of signings more at best if we don't lose important players. I think the squad will be smaller and there will be more chances for younger players. Don't see any point in replacing Ospina, for example, unless it is to sign Cech's successor.

redgunamo
06-01-2017, 07:29 AM
Don't get confused between what we need and what we will get.

Assuming nobody leaves, just for a moment, I don't think we actually need anyone. We just need the players we have to pull their fingers out of their arses. In fact, we need them to do that in any case, no matters who comes or goes.

Move Welbz out wide #welbeck4wingback #WelBACK

Mo Britain less Europe
06-01-2017, 07:40 AM
It will be interesting to see who will go. I would have thought Jenkinson, Debuchy, Ospina, Gibbs and Wilsher for sure, with strong possibility of Giroud, Perez and Walcott.

That frees up enough money for the huge raises for Alexis and Mesut and enough money for the two new big signings too leaving us with a smaller but stronger squad.

redgunamo
06-01-2017, 07:46 AM
It will be interesting to see who will go. I would have thought Jenkinson, Debuchy, Ospina, Gibbs and Wilsher for sure, with strong possibility of Giroud, Perez and Walcott.

That frees up enough money for the huge raises for Alexis and Mesut and enough money for the two new big signings too leaving us with a smaller but stronger squad.

I just don't see that. Wenger has spent years putting this squad together; why would He dismantle it now? Especially as He's just received an emphatic vote of complete confidence, both on and off the pitch :shrug:

A new manager may have been charged with doing as you suggest but not Wenger.

Pokster
06-01-2017, 08:05 AM
I just don't see that. Wenger has spent years putting this squad together; why would He dismantle it now? Especially as He's just received an emphatic vote of complete confidence, both on and off the pitch :shrug:

A new manager may have been charged with doing as you suggest but not Wenger.

He did admit that the squad is heavy, so perhaps as a last hurrah he will ditch some of the players he has indulged for so long

redgunamo
06-01-2017, 08:13 AM
He did admit that the squad is heavy, so perhaps as a last hurrah he will ditch some of the players he has indulged for so long

I read that as Him claiming we've got plenty of players already so don't expect too many new ones. Of course, the contracts situation does give Him an opportunity for a decent Spring clean, doesn't it.

Mo Britain less Europe
06-01-2017, 01:06 PM
Assuming FFP still exists we need to reduce our wage bill at the same time as we are doubling our two most expensive players wages, that means there will have to be savings somewhere.

Sir C
06-01-2017, 01:12 PM
Assuming FFP still exists we need to reduce our wage bill at the same time as we are doubling our two most expensive players wages, that means there will have to be savings somewhere.

FFP :hehe: They've given up on all that nonsense.

Abramovich has now put £1.1bn into Chelsea and no one gives a fúck.

Mo Britain less Europe
06-01-2017, 01:15 PM
That's what I thought, but the mention came from someone at Arsenal.

redgunamo
06-01-2017, 01:19 PM
FFP :hehe: They've given up on all that nonsense.

Abramovich has now put £1.1bn into Chelsea and no one gives a fúck.

:hehe: The really funny thing was that anybody thought it could work in the first place, that FIFA would be of a mind to turn away all that free money.

One simply doesn't know what they teach 'em nowadays; people seem to think all that corruption pays for itself :-(