PDA

View Full Version : So, now the important bit is done and dusted, does it matter if AS7 stays?

redgunamo
05-31-2017, 10:39 AM
I'm thinking, yes. And no :rubchin:

Billy Goat Sverige
05-31-2017, 10:46 AM

If he leaves you'll struggle to sign a player who plays in the same position with similar numbers so you'll need to sign a striker to make up for all the goals. All the good ones will be gone before we get around to that so yes we should keep him.

Sir C
05-31-2017, 10:47 AM
If he leaves you'll struggle to sign a player who plays in the same position with similar numbers so you'll need to sign a striker to make up for all the goals. All the good ones will be gone before we get around to that so yes we should keep him.

Our new Henry will be next season's Anelka :trophy:

Pat Vegas
05-31-2017, 10:48 AM

Who will be next seasons Overmars?

Sir C
05-31-2017, 10:52 AM
Who will be next seasons Overmars?

More importantly still, who's our Chris Wreh?

redgunamo
05-31-2017, 10:54 AM
Personally, I reckon a worse Arsenal team could actually end up doing better than the one we had this season.
If you follow me.

Anyway, I'm not sensitive or snobby about so-called world class players. You know, the ones that don't want to join us "just to try to win the Carling Cup".

**** 'em, imo. Although Wenger may have a different view; there's status involved too.

redgunamo
05-31-2017, 10:55 AM
More importantly still, who's our Chris Wreh?

It ought to be #Welbz but I'd like to see him re-modelled as a wing back.

Pat Vegas
05-31-2017, 11:08 AM

I'd give Lucas Perez a go. :hide:

Billy Goat Sverige
05-31-2017, 11:10 AM
I'd give Lucas Perez a go. :hide:

He'll leave. Wenger obviously doesn't rate him.

PSRB
05-31-2017, 11:52 AM

Be lucky if he gets a work permit, imo

Alberto Balsam Rodriguez
05-31-2017, 12:07 PM

I think it probably does to some extent. We lose Sanchez and we are already weaker. How do you replace a Sanchez with equal or better when there is no CL football to offer?

Rich
05-31-2017, 12:15 PM
Be lucky if he gets a work permit, imo

:nod: Will be loaned out to Ajax or something.

IUFG
05-31-2017, 12:17 PM
He'll leave. Wenger obviously doesn't rate him.

shame really. he appears to be a better striker than #Welbz

redgunamo
05-31-2017, 12:33 PM
I've never even heard of the bloke.

:nod: Will be loaned out to Ajax or something.

taxman10
05-31-2017, 03:34 PM
Why ****ing buy him in the first place

World's End Stella
05-31-2017, 03:50 PM
I think it probably does to some extent. We lose Sanchez and we are already weaker. How do you replace a Sanchez with equal or better when there is no CL football to offer?

N'Golo Kante and Paul Pogba

Other than being French and black, what do they have in common?

World's End Stella
05-31-2017, 03:50 PM
Why ****ing buy him in the first place

Everyone likes a bargain taxman :nod:

Alberto Balsam Rodriguez
05-31-2017, 08:14 PM
N'Golo Kante and Paul Pogba

Other than being French and black, what do they have in common?

There is no precedent to suggest that we will pay this kind of money.

redgunamo
06-01-2017, 07:43 AM
There is no precedent to suggest that we will pay this kind of money.

No, but I gather we do have that kind of money to spend, if we wanted. Presumably finishing in the top four won't be any easier next season.

I suppose it depends how you see Wenger's new deal; an opportunity to spend His way to one final league title or merely a steady pair of hands keeping the ship relatively steady.

taxman10
06-01-2017, 08:11 AM
It's not even tax efficient. We pay tax on the gain if we sell him for more than we bought him for

Sir C
06-01-2017, 08:14 AM
It's not even tax efficient. We pay tax on the gain if we sell him for more than we bought him for

Does CGT apply to footballers? I'd never considered that. Plus I suppose the profit will add to the corporation tax liability?

redgunamo
06-01-2017, 08:25 AM
Does CGT apply to footballers? I'd never considered that. Plus I suppose the profit will add to the corporation tax liability?

Basically, there's far too much money in the game nowadays, isn't there. All that sort of talk makes the good old brown envelope seem wholesome and honest.

It's football, ffs :-(

Alberto Balsam Rodriguez
06-01-2017, 10:49 AM
No, but I gather we do have that kind of money to spend, if we wanted. Presumably finishing in the top four won't be any easier next season.

I suppose it depends how you see Wenger's new deal; an opportunity to spend His way to one final league title or merely a steady pair of hands keeping the ship relatively steady.

The precedent is that it will be more of the same except this time we are outside the top 4 and Wenger starts the summer firmly on the back foot. We usually spend just enough to stand still. Unfortunately, standing still is the new going backwards. We will need to do something if we are to progress, which we really need to do in order to get back into the top 4 or even challenge for the title.

IUFG
06-01-2017, 11:17 AM
Does CGT apply to footballers?

Chargeable gain, CGT applies.

Strange one isn't for footballers like, say, Ozil and Sanchez. One day on the balance sheet and the next day worth nothing due to Bosman rules. Similarly, you bring a wonderkid through that cost you nothing and then holding their registration becomes a potential multimillion pound asset.

I suppose the reasons for selling players is often not just 'footballing reasons' :rvp: