PDA

View Full Version : Aaron Ramsey.

Sir C
05-30-2017, 08:30 AM
Bossed the midfield. Ran 14.4 km, a record for a cup final. Scored the winner.

I'll just leave that there.

Rich
05-30-2017, 08:32 AM

He is excelling in this new formation. Wd AR imo.

Had we lost, I'm not sure I could have forgiven the miss into the most & the getting in Alexis' way (if the first had been ruled out).

SWv2
05-30-2017, 08:35 AM

Not wishing to argue, and it really is a case of splitting hairs, but I did think it was Xhaka who bossed the midfield and was the basis on which the victory was achieved.

Others such as Sannchez, Mertesacker and even Holding have grabbed headlines all for perfectly valid and understandable reasons but GX for me.

Absolutely magnificent.

PSRB
05-30-2017, 08:37 AM

Xhaka was also superb, seems to have finally settled in.

Also particularly enjoyed the blistering turn of pace from Olivier for our 2nd, left Cahill for dead. England's supposed best CB. I'll just leave that there.

Rich
05-30-2017, 08:38 AM
Not wishing to argue, and it really is a case of splitting hairs, but I did think it was Xhaka who bossed the midfield and was the basis on which the victory was achieved.

Others such as Sannchez, Mertesacker and even Holding have grabbed headlines all for perfectly valid and understandable reasons but GX for me.

Absolutely magnificent.

Hard to see how wee Santi gets back into the team with the change in formation. Can't drop AR or GX at present. And not sure you could play Santi in a midfield two. Perhaps he's too old now anyway.

Did you see him in his suit? His little hamster face was so happy :cloud9:

Pat Vegas
05-30-2017, 08:39 AM

Absolutely magnificent.

:nod: Xhaka was tremendous except one time where he gave the ball away but we got it right back.

World's End Stella
05-30-2017, 08:45 AM

Yes, I suggest you leave it there as otherwise I may have to prove you incorrect. :-)

The Welsher played well, as did everyone (wd everyone), but not nearly as well as the person who actually ran midfield. That would be Granit X, who was magnificent.

Sir C
05-30-2017, 08:45 AM

Absolutely magnificent.

Xhaka was MotM for me, but then I'm a sucker for that metronomic, keep the ball ticking over sort of midfield display. He also managed his penchant for the 40 yard diagonal, choosing generally to keep things simple but always effective. A £30m display, if you will.

That doesn't take away the fact that Aaron did the hard yards, sitting and harrying when he needed to and breaking forward when he could, always stretching them. A magnificent footballer.

Tony C
05-30-2017, 09:05 AM
The were all fantastic...some other moments for me...

3 defenders charging down a shot in the first half...wooow
Welbeck skinning Moses to get him the 1st yellow
Per and Holding high giving after sniffing out Costs again
Nacho's mental celebration when Ospina stopped Costas shot...

Sir C
05-30-2017, 09:06 AM

Ozil on Hazard :hehe:

Herbette Chapman - aged 15
05-30-2017, 09:24 AM

you still harbour homo-paternalistic feelings for C; what did he do? .....NUFFINK!

Tony C
05-30-2017, 09:27 AM
Lol...also from the FATV tunnel cam...Wenger clapping and screaming at the players to Come On as they were going out for the 2nd half.

Pat Vegas

Gabriel celebrating on one leg :cloud9: Holding's reaction to Costa.

Sir C
you still harbour homo-paternalistic feelings for C; what did he do? .....NUFFINK!

What, you expected him to do something to harm us, h? He loves us still.

Our captain, our heartbeat :love:

Sir C
05-30-2017, 09:29 AM
Lol...also from the FATV tunnel cam...Wenger clapping and screaming at the players to Come On as they were going out for the 2nd half.

:nod: Keown blowing sunshine up Mertesacker's árse in the tunnel afterwards. "They're calling it the Mertesacker final, you were so great." Per having none of it. "Don't write me off Martin!" (Meaning "You wrote me off Martin")

Pokster
05-30-2017, 09:34 AM
:nod: Keown blowing sunshine up Mertesacker's árse in the tunnel afterwards. "They're calling it the Mertesacker final, you were so great." Per having none of it. "Don't write me off Martin!" (Meaning "You wrote me off Martin")

Allegedly Holding and Per hatched up a plan for Costa.. good cop, bad cop.... Holding sledging him all game while Per was mr nice guy to him.

redgunamo
05-30-2017, 09:38 AM
Sensational stuff.

Ozil on Hazard :hehe:

Pat Vegas
05-30-2017, 09:43 AM
Allegedly Holding and Per hatched up a plan for Costa.. good cop, bad cop.... Holding sledging him all game while Per was mr nice guy to him.

Costa's antics need to be wiped out. that trailing leg **** he does really annoys me.
Though I understand he's off soon anyway.

redgunamo
05-30-2017, 09:52 AM
Costa's antics need to be wiped out. that trailing leg **** he does really annoys me.
Though I understand he's off soon anyway.

No, I like that from a forward. #Welbz ought to do that sort of thing too, but he's too nice :-\

SWv2
05-30-2017, 09:54 AM

Sweet lord Jesus.

:-|

redgunamo
05-30-2017, 10:09 AM
"Der "Big F*cking German" ist beim FC Arsenal auf die große Fußballbühne zurückgekehrt - mit einem Gala-Comeback beim FA-Cup-Finalsieg gegen den FC Chelsea."

Typical Germans, you see. Always overreacting.

Sweet lord Jesus.

:-|

Witharby 2-3 weeks
05-30-2017, 11:48 AM

Played well. I look good occasionally

Pokster
05-30-2017, 11:57 AM
Played well. I look good occasionally

When???? Only when the lights are off imo

eastgermanautos
05-30-2017, 12:02 PM

And, having left it, you can leave yourself. Has eight bad games and one good one. Chelsea were leggy, which was why they could not compete. Have to be honest. He's too feeble to do it on a cold night in Newcastle. The only good thing is that he seems to be friendly with Holding, who is an upcoming star for our team. Holding needs friends, even of the girly sort like Ramsey.

eastgermanautos
05-30-2017, 12:03 PM
Gabriel celebrating on one leg :cloud9: Holding's reaction to Costa.

Liked both of those images too. :nod:

Pokster
05-30-2017, 12:20 PM
And, having left it, you can leave yourself. Has eight bad games and one good one. Chelsea were leggy, which was why they could not compete. Have to be honest. He's too feeble to do it on a cold night in Newcastle. The only good thing is that he seems to be friendly with Holding, who is an upcoming star for our team. Holding needs friends, even of the girly sort like Ramsey.

Chelsea were leggy??? Why should they be leggy and not us when we have played more games recently and they had been able to coast for a couple of weeks