PDA

View Full Version : Well I shall be making myself comfortable in my old armchair at

Herbette Chapman - aged 15
05-26-2017, 02:07 PM
approximately 2.45pm tomorrow to allow myself a few sips of my beer before standing to give of my best for Abide With Me* and The national Anthem before the 3.00pm kick off. If the kick off fails to happen at this, the proper time, then I shall not bother and the loss is their's.

Will you join me in this simple yet vital protest 'wimb?

*When she was alive, every Cup Final day, this hymn would reduce my mother to tears reminding her, she said, of all the boys that never came back. Since she passed it has the same effect on me :-(

bbrian
05-26-2017, 03:39 PM
Toughen up you soft old man...

05-26-2017, 03:52 PM
Toughen up you soft old man...

Hold me B, hold me tight :cry:

redgunamo
05-26-2017, 04:10 PM
approximately 2.45pm tomorrow to allow myself a few sips of my beer before standing to give of my best for Abide With Me* and The national Anthem before the 3.00pm kick off. If the kick off fails to happen at this, the proper time, then I shall not bother and the loss is their's.

Will you join me in this simple yet vital protest 'wimb?

*When she was alive, every Cup Final day, this hymn would reduce my mother to tears reminding her, she said, of all the boys that never came back. Since she passed it has the same effect on me :-(

Beautifully spoken, H. It'd be an honour to join you both.

In life, in death; oh, Lord, abide with me ..

05-26-2017, 08:06 PM
Beautifully spoken, H. It'd be an honour to join you both.

In life, in death; oh, Lord, abide with me ..

we'll turn up to the ground, thousands of us, at 3.00 on Saturday and queue at the turnstiles anyway. We shall overcome!

Ash
05-26-2017, 10:29 PM
we'll turn up to the ground, thousands of us, at 3.00 on Saturday and queue at the turnstiles anyway. We shall overcome!

I think we need to get there at 3pm anyway to get through the security tbh :nod:

Ash
05-26-2017, 10:33 PM
... standing to give of my best for Abide With Me*

Singing a Christian hymn at this time of rampant Islamophobia and hate crimes through the roof? You disgusting racist!