PDA

View Full Version : City sign Silva for €70m.

Billy Goat Sverige
05-26-2017, 11:34 AM
Fills me with joy when Arsene says we are 1 or 2 players away :cloud9:

Alberto Balsam Rodriguez
05-26-2017, 11:42 AM

1 or 2 players away from what, though. Having a fill treatment room?

bbrian
05-26-2017, 11:43 AM

Jose has demanded 4 new players too apparently...not looking good

SWv2
05-26-2017, 12:34 PM

Fúcking hell. No hanging about there from the man Pep.

Ash
05-26-2017, 12:40 PM

I thought he already played for them. How many pieces of silva does Pepiola need?

Rich
05-26-2017, 12:42 PM

Why can other clubs conclude deals with such efficiency? We seems to um and ahh about these deals for many weeks and months. OK, I get that this season it will be much harder to attract top talent without CL football (because we won't pay mega bucks), but still, I would really prefer to not be in the Supermarket Sweep trolley dash situation we have found ourselves in at the end of the last few summer transfer windows.

Billy Goat Sverige
05-26-2017, 12:44 PM
Why can other clubs conclude deals with such efficiency? We seems to um and ahh about these deals for many weeks and months. OK, I get that this season it will be much harder to attract top talent without CL football (because we won't pay mega bucks), but still, I would really prefer to not be in the Supermarket Sweep trolley dash situation we have found ourselves in at the end of the last few summer transfer windows.

You would hope that after the three or four summers we've had faffing about trying to find a striker we'll actually go in guns blazing and sign whichever ****er we want straight away. No more ****ing around please.

Rich
05-26-2017, 12:47 PM
You would hope that after the three or four summers we've had faffing about trying to find a striker we'll actually go in guns blazing and sign whichever ****er we want straight away. No more ****ing around please.

There aren't many top strikers that will sign for a club that is 1. Not prepared to pay top dollar and 2. not in the CL, though.

I think the best chance is Mbappe because Arsene has tapped him up already (last summer) and will actually start him. Not sure who else would be in for him. But he'll cost 100m EURs so we may not go to that unless we sell players first.

Other options are perhaps Morata and Batshuayi/Lukaku.

Ash
05-26-2017, 12:51 PM
But he'll cost 100m EURs so we may not go to that unless we sell players first.

Alexis' reported fee would cover a fair chunk of that.

Luis Anaconda
05-26-2017, 12:51 PM

You mean like the fact that the Pogba deal took Utd all of last summer's transfer window to conclude?
Or the Stones deal that took City rather a lot of last summer to conclude?
Or the numerous centre backs Chelsea tried to sign before settling on Luiz last summer?
Or, to be more exotic, how Real spent all summer chasing De Gea and then actually missing out on him, the year before?
Or the way we had Xhaka in the bag before the Euros?

Almost like all clubs take some time over deals and do some immediately, us included. :shrug:

Rich
05-26-2017, 12:52 PM

Don't forget Theo either. Someone will give us 25m (EUR 30m for him).

Rich
05-26-2017, 12:54 PM
You mean like the fact that the Pogba deal took Utd all of last summer's transfer window to conclude?
Or the numerous centre backs Chelsea tried to sign before settling on Luiz last summer?
Or, to be more exotic, how Real spent all summer chasing De Gea and then actually missing out on him, the year before?

Almost like all clubs take some time over deals and do some immediately, us included. :shrug:

We ummed and ahhed about Mustafi's fee for over a month. Resulting in our only two fit CBs being Chambers and Holding at the start of the season. That is poor. Not blaming Arsene as I don't think he makes the decisions on finances.

We also signed Lucas Perez at the end which was pointless as he was clearly never going to be a top PL player. He is 30 next year.

SWv2
05-26-2017, 12:54 PM

Then he'll be off next season.

Bad apple. Nearest window, out.

SWv2
05-26-2017, 12:55 PM
Don't forget Theo either. Someone will give us 25m (EUR 30m for him).

Bit early for so much champagne Dick.

barrybueno
05-26-2017, 12:55 PM

Jesus Christ LA, have a drink son... :guinness:

Luis Anaconda
05-26-2017, 12:58 PM
We ummed and ahhed about Mustafi's fee for over a month. Resulting in our only two fit CBs being Chambers and Holding at the start of the season. That is poor. Not blaming Arsene as I don't think he makes the decisions on finances.

We also signed Lucas Perez at the end which was pointless as he was clearly never going to be a top PL player. He is 30 next year.
Well, you are confusing newspaper gossip with reality and have totally ignored the point I was making, which I admit doesn't really surprise me

Luis Anaconda
05-26-2017, 01:00 PM
Jesus Christ LA, have a drink son... :guinness:

Last day at work for a week, b. Could only have a couple at lunchtime

Ash
05-26-2017, 01:07 PM

Perez has not even been given a chance. He can't be worse at football than Walcott, surely.

Rich
05-26-2017, 01:17 PM
Perez has not even been given a chance. He can't be worse at football than Walcott, surely.

Why would we give him a chance over the far superior Alexis, Welbeck Giroud, Ox? Tbh - Walcott isn't as one footed as Perez. I assume he was just insurance in case Welbeck broke down again.

Tony C
05-26-2017, 01:31 PM
Anderson Silva, Wanderlei Siva, Big Foot Silva, David Silva....f uk them all imo

Tony C
05-26-2017, 01:40 PM
wouldnt mind selling Ozil to get the African footballer of the year.

Proper racist how Ross Barkley gets ignored for this. Proper racist...and I ant even white.

Quite like Belgian Henry too...could easily be another Holding...£6m now but could easily be £60m by the end of next season.

Tony C
05-26-2017, 01:45 PM
Heard a interesting story about Xhaka which might apply to Perez.

From Liam Brady...Xhaka is immense and right up there with Vieira but the senior players in the team don't respect him so when he's driving the team forward he often gets ignored.

Natural leader.

The younger players all love him.

Probably the same with Perez...his workrate, tracking back and overall drive is right up there but he's probably finding it difficult with some of the arse holes at the club.

Ash
05-26-2017, 01:46 PM
Why would we give him a chance over the far superior Alexis, Welbeck Giroud, Ox? Tbh - Walcott isn't as one footed as Perez. I assume he was just insurance in case Welbeck broke down again.

I think Perez has made a contribution whenever he has had a chance.

Ash
05-26-2017, 01:56 PM
Heard a interesting story about Xhaka which might apply to Perez.

From Liam Brady...Xhaka is immense and right up there with Vieira but the senior players in the team don't respect him so when he's driving the team forward he often gets ignored.

Who are the senior players who are ignoring him?

Tony C
05-26-2017, 04:14 PM
Liam didn't expand on this...

He did confirm the board is split - Wenger In / Out with Arsene not knowing if he's coming or going. It's Ivan vs Keswick and Kronke more than happy for them to duke it out.

Got this over on Reddit.