PDA

View Full Version : Maybe this mental illness explanation is not such a bad idea after all.

Ash
05-24-2017, 02:24 PM
They can lock people up for being mentally ill, after all, can't they?

So if we assume that no sane person would massacre a group of children, or cut the testicles off their victims and stuff them into their victims mouths, as happened at Le Bataclan, and if we rightly don't want to demonise millions of peaceful people who happen to have been born into a religion which they can't leave because they'll get killed, then just call all Islamists insane and then they can be locked away in Broadmoor and the world becomes a safer place.

And stop destroying secular governments to the benefit of 'moderate' headchoppers, of course.

Sir C
05-24-2017, 02:28 PM

So if we assume that no sane person would massacre a group of children, or cut the testicles off their victims and stuff them into their victims mouths, as happened at Le Bataclan, and if we rightly don't want to demonise millions of peaceful people who happen to have been born into a religion which they can't leave because they'll get killed, then just call all Islamists insane and then they can be locked away in Broadmoor and the world becomes a safer place.

And stop destroying secular governments to the benefit of 'moderate' headchoppers, of course.

How do you identify a 'mentally ill' Islamist from a 'moderate Muslim'? (Whatever the fúck a moderate Muslim is supposed to be.)

Ash
05-24-2017, 02:31 PM
How do you identify a 'mentally ill' Islamist from a 'moderate Muslim'? (Whatever the fúck a moderate Muslim is supposed to be.)

That's MI5's job. If they are capable of doing it.

Pat Vegas
05-24-2017, 02:31 PM

They don't help themselves. I was on the tube this morning it's a warm day but fella gets on stands right next to me wearing a big coat.

Beards don't help either. they can't all be ZZ top or Zac Brown band fans.

Pat Vegas
05-24-2017, 02:32 PM

they are in mourning of Roger Moore's passing.

Sir C
05-24-2017, 02:33 PM

It seems to be accepted wisdom that 5 have been doing an amazing job for the past few years. Of course, those of us who are instinctively on the side of SIS will always be a little sceptical about The Competititon.

Pat Vegas
05-24-2017, 02:38 PM
It seems to be accepted wisdom that 5 have been doing an amazing job for the past few years. Of course, those of us who are instinctively on the side of SIS will always be a little sceptical about The Competititon.

We need a new division set up especially for this problem. They will need a tremendous name. Cobra is excellent.
Operation Temperer I'm not sold on.

Sir C
05-24-2017, 02:40 PM
they are in mourning of Roger Moore's passing.

:sigh: Bond worked for SIS, not MI5.

Burney
05-24-2017, 02:41 PM

Think you might be on to something here, a. Bit soviet, but there you are.
Actually, it is interesting that the question of internment is getting into mainstream discussion. A lot of people confronted with the argument 'You can't just lock people up without a trial' do actually seem to be replying 'Why not?'

Burney
05-24-2017, 02:42 PM
We need a new division set up especially for this problem. They will need a tremendous name. Cobra is excellent.
Operation Temperer I'm not sold on.

Yes. It makes me think of lightly battered vegetables.

Pat Vegas

That doesn't matter.

Burney

Actually, he wasn't real. Not like Smiley.

Pat Vegas
05-24-2017, 02:43 PM

How about operation 'LOSER' but you have to say it like Trump did yesterday :hehe:

Operation Bigly

Pokster
05-24-2017, 02:43 PM

Have you seen who is involved..... thank you Spitting Image for any vegetable gags about Tory politicians

Burney
05-24-2017, 02:47 PM
Have you seen who is involved..... thank you Spitting Image for any vegetable gags about Tory politicians

Once, at a buffet, I had the misfortune to eat a piece of tempura cucumber. It was quite the most wrong thing I've ever put in my mouth. I can't think what sort of twisted fvck would tempura a slice of cucumber, but I can only assume he's now in prison.

Pokster
05-24-2017, 02:48 PM
Once, at a buffet, I had the misfortune to eat a piece of tempura cucumber. It was quite the most wrong thing I've ever put in my mouth. I can't think what sort of twisted fvck would tempura a slice of cucumber, but I can only assume he's now in prison.

All tempura veg seems wrong to me.. tempura prawns not so :yum:

Sir C
05-24-2017, 02:56 PM
Think you might be on to something here, a. Bit soviet, but there you are.
Actually, it is interesting that the question of internment is getting into mainstream discussion. A lot of people confronted with the argument 'You can't just lock people up without a trial' do actually seem to be replying 'Why not?'

Internment is expensive, of course, and we're already short of space in the prison system.

We need to be considering more efficient answers. Like machine guns with a simple swivel mounting. :mowing:

Burney
05-24-2017, 02:57 PM
Internment is expensive, of course, and we're already short of space in the prison system.

We need to be considering more efficient answers. Like machine guns with a simple swivel mounting. :mowing:

Come, come. We're not animals. That said, I'm sure these chaps would be likely to attempt to escape at some point. At which stage, regrettably, we would have no choice but to open fire. :-(

SWv2
05-24-2017, 03:18 PM

Roger Moore wasn't even a good Bond tbf.

Sir C
05-24-2017, 03:19 PM
Roger Moore wasn't even a good Bond tbf.

Not my cup of tea, I agree. Connery man myself, naturally.

Opinions vary in the matter. I am no dogmatist.

SWv2
05-24-2017, 03:21 PM
Not my cup of tea, I agree. Connery man myself, naturally.

Opinions vary in the matter. I am no dogmatist.

Connery of course, the current dude also and Brosnan obvs.

Sir C
05-24-2017, 03:24 PM
Connery of course, the current dude also and Brosnan obvs.

I rather like Craig except that he looks like a dwarf. Is he really short? One suspects so.

SWv2
05-24-2017, 03:32 PM
I rather like Craig except that he looks like a dwarf. Is he really short? One suspects so.

A quick calculation suggests he to be less than 6ft so neither dwarf nor tall.

There is the old Irish saying however that you don't need to be tall to shoot an evil global terrorist.

Ash
05-24-2017, 03:35 PM

And he's blond FFS. You can't have a blond bond. It was bad enough having the ginge.

SWv2
05-24-2017, 03:37 PM
And he's blond FFS. You can't have a blond bond. It was bad enough having the ginge.

The next Bond will celebrate diversity by all accounts.

redgunamo
05-24-2017, 04:20 PM

This was always my favourite Spitting Image

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=C_wTv1vBf3o