PDA

View Full Version : What fresh hell is this, now?

Sir C
05-23-2017, 03:24 PM
"Anne Longfield, the Children’s Commissioner for England, has urged adults to “find a way to tell our children what has happened”."

When the Micks were blowing the shít out of us when I was a child, we were told what had happened by the news. You know, when they reported that a bomb had gone off. :shrug:

redgunamo
05-23-2017, 03:26 PM
"Anne Longfield, the Children’s Commissioner for England, has urged adults to “find a way to tell our children what has happened”."

When the Micks were blowing the shít out of us when I was a child, we were told what had happened by the news. You know, when they reported that a bomb had gone off. :shrug:

You still had to get your maths homework done on time though, regardless of what had happened :-(

Viva Prat Vegas
05-23-2017, 03:28 PM

John Cravens Newsround would tell the news with digestible simplicity and then move on to Ming Ming the giant panda looking for a mate

SWv2
05-23-2017, 03:28 PM
"anne longfield, the children’s commissioner for england, has urged adults to “find a way to tell our children what has happened”."

when the micks were blowing the shít out of us when i was a child, we were told what had happened by the news. You know, when they reported that a bomb had gone off. :shrug:

Do you mind!!!!!

Pat Vegas
05-23-2017, 03:29 PM

So much for getting on with things.

Sir C
05-23-2017, 03:30 PM
Do you mind!!!!!

:shrug: My parents grew up with Nazis trying to kill them and I grew up with another of Europe's great evils, Paddies, trying to kill me. We just accepted it. Now the Allans are having their go. Kids today don't need to be mollycoddled, they just need to man up.

Burney
05-23-2017, 03:31 PM

Also, does she *actually* want us to tell children what happened? That a man who lived among us and probably grew up on our streets decided that his fúcking religion was so important and everyone else so worthless that it dictated that he should walk into a teeny-bopper concert with a bomb filled with nails and bolts in his rucksack and detonated it, vaporising himself and ripping men, women and children to pieces? And then to tell them that this will almost certainly happen again?

Sweet fùcking dreams after that. :shakehead:

Burney
05-23-2017, 03:31 PM
:shrug: My parents grew up with Nazis trying to kill them and I grew up with another of Europe's great evils, Paddies, trying to kill me. We just accepted it. Now the Allans are having their go. Kids today don't need to be mollycoddled, they just need to man up.

When did the Nazis attack Co. Limerick?

Sir C
05-23-2017, 03:32 PM

Given that my mother was here from 1941, having been sent by her loving parents into the middle of a world war to earn some money to send home, that wasn't really relevant, was it?

Clever ****.

redgunamo
05-23-2017, 03:33 PM
Also, does she *actually* want us to tell children what happened? That a man who lived among us and probably grew up on our streets decided that his fúcking religion was so important and everyone else so worthless that it dictated that he should walk into a teeny-bopper concert with a bomb filled with nails and bolts in his rucksack and detonated it, vaporising himself and ripping men, women and children to pieces? And then to tell them that this will almost certainly happen again?

Sweet fùcking dreams after that. :shakehead:

Kids nowadays have all read The Iliad surely? Or maybe not :-\

Pat Vegas

if I had kids this would be a disaster.
Right now son. This is a flag, If I pick this shirt and wave it around it's a pretend flag or a false flag if you will. Do you understand?
I think so daddy, good right now good night and don't touch my guitars again you little ****.

Burney
Given that my mother was here from 1941, having been sent by her loving parents into the middle of a world war to earn some money to send home, that wasn't really relevant, was it?

Clever ****.

:-( Spoilsport.

Seriously, though, 1941? She can't have been any age at all.

SWv2
05-23-2017, 03:34 PM

The great wars of Castletroy and Ballynarooga Beg.

:hehe:

Viva Prat Vegas
05-23-2017, 03:34 PM

There was a young Nazi called Frederick
Who did nasty things down in Limerick

Sir C
05-23-2017, 03:35 PM
:-( Spoilsport.

Seriously, though, 1941? She can't have been any age at all.

15. Working behind a bar. To send a few bob to the filthy savages on that God-forsaken hellhole of an island. Like generations of kids before and after, pimped out by the greed of the Irish.

I don't like 'em b. I don't know if I've mentioned that before?

Norn Iron
05-23-2017, 03:36 PM

Sir C's from Limerick, good grief, I thought he was a posh?

Sir C
05-23-2017, 03:37 PM

I am most certainly NOT from Limerick, norn. I am from Lewisham.

:-(

SWv2
05-23-2017, 03:38 PM

He is essentially a knacker who tries to parade himself as a gentlemen.

As they say around these parts, you cannot put lipstick on a pig.

Sir C
05-23-2017, 03:39 PM

There is no need to be rude, sw.

I've never been offensive to you.

Burney
05-23-2017, 03:40 PM

Point of order: Sir C and I have actually put lipstick on a pig. And knickers. There are pictures. :nod:

Sir C
05-23-2017, 03:40 PM
Point of order: Sir C and I have actually put lipstick on a pig. And knickers. There are pictures. :nod:

Good point. And there's no denying that it made it not a little alluring.

Burney
05-23-2017, 03:41 PM
Good point. And there's no denying that it made it not a little alluring.

Yes. The knickers gave it mystery. :nod:

Norn Iron
05-23-2017, 03:41 PM

You Tories are all the same.

Burney
05-23-2017, 03:42 PM

:nono: We didn't stick our dicks in it, norn. There were ladies present.

Had there not been, who knows? :shrug:

Viva Prat Vegas
05-23-2017, 03:43 PM
Yes. The knickers gave it mystery. :nod:

Were they the same knickers Sir Cs mum lent him for an aircraft journey once ?

Sir C
05-23-2017, 03:44 PM
Were they the same knickers Sir Cs mum lent him for an aircraft journey once ?

I wonder if you'd mind if we didn't get into my mum's knickers?

redgunamo
05-23-2017, 03:45 PM

loooooooool.