PDA

View Full Version : It's alright, calm down everyone. There's a plan to sort this all out.

Sir C
05-23-2017, 02:21 PM
The lighyts on th Eiffel Tower are going to be switched off at midnight as a 'tribute'.

Phew. Thank God that's dealt with! Now we'll be safe from those Methodists and Quakers.

Pat Vegas
05-23-2017, 02:25 PM
The lighyts on th Eiffel Tower are going to be switched off at midnight as a 'tribute'.

Phew. Thank God that's dealt with! Now we'll be safe from those Methodists and Quakers.

It's all this soppy b*llocks I can't stand. It's all gimmick let's light up something with a flag let's turn the lights off. let's come up with a cathy hashtag. let's pray for this pray for that. How about doing something instead?

They can say all these things but people are dead they won't carry on a usual.

I'm off to write a song about it on my guitar.

Mo Britain less Europe
05-23-2017, 02:26 PM
Let's find the closest friend or relative of the guy and hang him/her from the nearest lamppost.

Sir C
05-23-2017, 02:30 PM
Let's find the closest friend or relative of the guy and hang him/her from the nearest lamppost.

Not really the British way, m. That's how foreigners behave.

Burney
05-23-2017, 02:35 PM

The kraut foreign office just tweeted this

https://twitter.com/GermanyDiplo/status/866888735895552001

It's taken all my forbearance not to tell them to fùck off. :furious:

redgunamo
05-23-2017, 02:54 PM
The kraut foreign office just tweeted this

https://twitter.com/GermanyDiplo/status/866888735895552001

It's taken all my forbearance not to tell them to fùck off. :furious:

Yes, noises off has pointed out that the German government ****ers didn't think the Berlin Weihnachtsmarkt victims worthy of such a tribute. So you just can't win, I guess :-\

IUFG
05-23-2017, 03:00 PM
I'm off to write a song about it on my guitar.

Would you like a rudimentary acid bass line for your song?

I'm getting to grips with a TB-03 :music:

Viva Prat Vegas
05-23-2017, 03:12 PM

I will call it The Prayers Dont Work

SWv2
05-23-2017, 03:14 PM

I like when they turn it green on St Patricks Day.

Certainly puts a spring in my step as I dance down the bóthar.

SWv2
05-23-2017, 03:14 PM

Let me know if you need a studio engineer.

Luis Anaconda
05-23-2017, 03:15 PM

They do that with the Allianz Arena here. Bayern ****s

SWv2
05-23-2017, 03:16 PM
They do that with the Allianz Arena here. Bayern ****s

What can I say, everybody wants to be Irish.

From B to the Bavarian Hun.

redgunamo
05-23-2017, 03:19 PM

Even the Chicago River was dyed green one St. Patrick's Day we were there :-|

SWv2
05-23-2017, 03:22 PM
Even the Chicago River was dyed green one St. Patrick's Day we were there :-|

That was especially for you R, fúck all to do with Lá Fheile Padraig.

redgunamo
05-23-2017, 03:24 PM
That was especially for you R, fúck all to do with Lá Fheile Padraig.

You're too kind. It may have been especially for the wife actually; that town is full of Germans.

NTTAWWT.

Pat Vegas
05-23-2017, 03:28 PM

Deal. When I was working at one of my old jobs the computer I inherited still had old files.
One of them was a ridiculous song that the person I replaced had wrote about 7/7 I wish I had kept it.

Rich
05-23-2017, 03:41 PM

I trust that they'll be lighting up the Brandenberg Gate and that funny little bridge over the Liffey in red, white and blue this eve?

Burney
05-23-2017, 03:43 PM
I trust that they'll be lighting up the Brandenberg Gate and that funny little bridge over the Liffey in red, white and blue this eve?

Do you mean the Ha'penny Bridge?

SWv2
05-23-2017, 03:44 PM

The Ha'Penny Bridge?

I don't think the ever present resident scumbag and drug dealer would take kindly to this excessive level of attention.

Rich
05-23-2017, 03:46 PM
The Ha'Penny Bridge?

I don't think the ever present resident scumbag and drug dealer would take kindly to this excessive level of attention.

That'll be the one. I went to one side of it to find a Latvian pub (I know). However, it was one of the few places outside of Latvia that I could procure a Latvian beer that features on my list of beers to try before I die. It seemed a bit 'diverse' over that side (the side as you go out of the city). Went back a couple of years later and it had shut down. A great shame.

Anyway, I think it'd be a nice gesture for Parliament in Dublin to make. Please put my suggestion forward.

Burney
05-23-2017, 03:48 PM
That'll be the one. I went to one side of it to find a Latvian pub (I know). However, it was one of the few places outside of Latvia that I could procure a Latvian beer that features on my list of beers to try before I die. It seemed a bit 'diverse' over that side (the side as you go out of the city). Went back a couple of years later and it had shut down. A great shame.

Anyway, I think it'd be a nice gesture for Parliament in Dublin to make. Please put my suggestion forward.

North of the Liffey, r. There Be Dragons imo. :-(

SWv2
05-23-2017, 03:51 PM

Jesus, one only goes over there when you absolutely have to, and you appreciate I am as hard as nails.

Went there about 2 weeks ago to buy contraband widget spinners during my lunch hour.

Rich
05-23-2017, 03:52 PM

There was a woman old enough to be my mum sitting in a puddle in the pouring rain resting against the wall of the pub :-\

Rich
05-23-2017, 03:53 PM
Jesus, one only goes over there when you absolutely have to, and you appreciate I am as hard as nails.

Went there about 2 weeks ago to buy contraband widget spinners during my lunch hour.

I mean, it was about 30 yards north of the Liffey. Nothing to worry about when that close, I'd say.

Burney
05-23-2017, 03:55 PM

It's somewhere only to be viewed from the taxi as you speed through it from the airport. Although of course there's a tunnel now, isn't there?

Burney
05-23-2017, 03:56 PM
There was a woman old enough to be my mum sitting in a puddle in the pouring rain resting against the wall of the pub :-\

To be fair, as I drove through Hoddesdon yesterday, a fat lady was fast asleep on the grass verge next to the road. She seemed quite peaceful.

Pat Vegas
05-23-2017, 03:57 PM
To be fair, as I drove through Hoddesdon yesterday, a fat lady was fast asleep on the grass verge next to the road. She seemed quite peaceful.

I made an observation about bad areas. Why in bad areas do people sit outside the front of their houses just hanging around?

Burney
05-23-2017, 03:58 PM
I made an observation about bad areas. Why in bad areas do people sit outside the front of their houses just hanging around?

Dunno. I always assume it's because someone's nicked/repossessed the telly

redgunamo
05-23-2017, 03:58 PM

Alright, I'll say it. What's a "widget spinner"?

Pat Vegas
05-23-2017, 03:59 PM

It's the new craze. Nobody plays Pokemon anymore.

Burney
05-23-2017, 04:00 PM

Fidget spinner, I thought. Anyway, they're these. Along with making slime, they're the latest craze.

https://www.wired.com/2017/05/physics-of-a-fidget-spinner/

redgunamo
05-23-2017, 04:03 PM
Fidget spinner, I thought. Anyway, they're these. Along with making slime, they're the latest craze.

OK. And why is it contraband, even in Ireland?

SWv2
05-23-2017, 04:04 PM
I mean, it was about 30 yards north of the Liffey. Nothing to worry about when that close, I'd say.

Might have been Pravda, now called The Grand Social.

More or less first bar you come to on your left as you cross from the Ha'penny Bridge. After that is The Lotts and the Gin Palace.

redgunamo
05-23-2017, 04:04 PM
It's the new craze. Nobody plays Pokemon anymore.

One of my boys does. Watches all the cartoons and everything too.

In my office :-|

SWv2
05-23-2017, 04:05 PM

You are of course correct, my head is melted with them.

I ventured into deepest Tallaght on saturday afternoon to find one specific shop that sold them.

SWv2
05-23-2017, 04:07 PM
OK. And why is it contraband, even in Ireland?

The regular shops had no stock and would not have for weeks as the official toy is made in China.

The ladies on Moore St were selling them from their prams, along with dodgy cigarettes and anything else you need. They are/were contraband as they did not carry some kind of silly EU certification which meant they were safe or something.

€6 a go.

redgunamo
05-23-2017, 04:10 PM
The regular shops had no stock and would not have for weeks as the official toy is made in China.

The ladies on Moore St were selling them from their prams, along with dodgy cigarettes and anything else you need. They are/were contraband as they did not carry some kind of silly EU certification which meant they were safe or something.

€6 a go.

Good Lord. You want to get yourself on the right side of history sharpish, imo #brexit

SWv2
05-23-2017, 04:12 PM
Good Lord. You want to get yourself on the right side of history sharpish, imo #brexit

Safety should be paramount at these times.

:shrug:

Pat Vegas
05-23-2017, 04:15 PM
One of my boys does. Watches all the cartoons and everything too.

In my office :-|

Give him an RKO.

redgunamo
Safety should be paramount at these times.

:shrug:

Kids these days need to grow a pair, as the chap said.

You were actually buying them for yourself, weren't you :rubchin:

redgunamo
Give him an RKO.

I even know what that means :-(

Rich
05-23-2017, 08:33 PM
Might have been Pravda, now called The Grand Social.

More or less first bar you come to on your left as you cross from the Ha'penny Bridge. After that is The Lotts and the Gin Palace.
Was most definitely on the left. If it's now closed than that has to be it.

SWv2
05-24-2017, 07:53 AM
Was most definitely on the left. If it's now closed than that has to be it.

Was quite a good spot for DJs back then oddly enough, top floor.

Saw Nick Warren, Justin Robertson and James Holden there.