PDA

View Full Version : Cup final is won by the way - don't undsterstand the pessimism

Luis Anaconda
05-22-2017, 01:39 PM
2-1 - nailed on. You can thank me later

Pokster
05-22-2017, 01:42 PM

Whcih cup final ( not having you claiming some dodgy cup we haven't heard of)

Ash
05-22-2017, 01:48 PM

Huzzah!

And this means we won't have to listen to Chelsea fans forever singing about how Cesc Fabregas won the double. :-) Until next year, at least.

Alberto Balsam Rodriguez
05-22-2017, 01:56 PM

As always, Mystic Meg, please show your workings :-)

Oh, and do you have the lottery numbers for next Saturday?

Luis Anaconda
05-22-2017, 02:04 PM
As always, Mystic Meg, please show your workings :-)

Oh, and do you have the lottery numbers for next Saturday?
The Arsenal way, sir, the Arsenal way

Luis Anaconda
05-22-2017, 02:05 PM
Whcih cup final ( not having you claiming some dodgy cup we haven't heard of)

I can't even remember my own name at minute, tbf - we will win though

World's End Stella
05-22-2017, 02:29 PM

Matic/Kante >>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>> Xhaka/Ramsey

We'll never be in it. :shrug:

Luis Anaconda
05-22-2017, 03:22 PM
Matic/Kante >>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>> Xhaka/Ramsey

We'll never be in it. :shrug:

The latter two are better footballers than the former

Sir C
05-22-2017, 03:25 PM

We're going to get gubbed.

Drogba is going to destroy Senderos and score a hattrick. So it is written.

Luis Anaconda
05-22-2017, 03:35 PM
We're going to get gubbed.

Drogba is going to destroy Senderos and score a hattrick. So it is written.

Özil is just simply going to rip them a new one, sir C. It will happen

Alberto Balsam Rodriguez
05-22-2017, 03:38 PM
The Arsenal way, sir, the Arsenal way

In my humble opinion :-)

Luis Anaconda
05-22-2017, 03:40 PM

In my humble opinion :-)

13 league championships, 12 FA cups. Arsenal way is clearly ****

The Insider
05-22-2017, 03:41 PM
It's not the pessimism that I don't understand, it's the lack of enthusiasm. We're in the Cup Final. FFS let's get up for it.

SWv2
05-22-2017, 03:47 PM
It's not the pessimism that I don't understand, it's the lack of enthusiasm. We're in the Cup Final. FFS let's get up for it.

It is only Monday The Insider, relax. We’re still in the throes of recovery after one of the darkest days in our club’s recent history.

Come back to me on Saturday around 16:50 when I take my customary seat on the corner of the sofa, a cold beer poured in readiness, some salted snacks perhaps. Why not, it’s a cup final after all.

I expect the young lad may be wearing an Arsenal shirt, not I.

Then the game begins.

Tony C
05-23-2017, 09:34 AM
with the new system we can overload the centre to beat off the Kante/Matic axis.

Sacrifice Ozil for Coquelin and have him in there with Xhaka and Ramsey.

Alexis and Welbeck up front...it will open warfare in midfield and we'll need pace for our counter attacks.

Ideally I'd want Ox in there but not sure on his participation so its Coqblock.

Any news on Gabriel? If he can't play then you know what? F uck it. Play Per in the middle if the back 3 with Holfibg and Musyafi either side of him. Leave Monreal in his best position...the LWB position. A more defensive 3-5-2 will suit Per and the wide open spaces at Wembley will have play to his reading and passing strengths.

redgunamo
05-23-2017, 09:36 AM
with the new system we can overload the centre to beat off the Kante/Matic axis.

Alexis and Welbeck up front...it will open warfare in midfield and we'll need pace for our counter attacks.

Any news on Gabriel? If he can't play then you know what? F uck it. Play Per in the middle if the back 3 with Holfibg and Musyafi either side of him. Leave Monreal in his best position...the LWB position. A more defensive 3-5-2 will suit Per and the wide open spaces at Wembley will have play to his reading and passing strengths.

Chelsea aren't all that, I think, but La Mesut definately plays.

SWv2
05-23-2017, 09:40 AM

Good man Tony.

Probably would have had more comedic value had you logged in as one of your many others.

Tony C
05-23-2017, 09:45 AM
Yep Ozil definitely plays but there are options for Arsene...

Anything can happen in these one off cup finals...remember Owen mugging us after we battered Liverpool senseless and I'm still not sure how United weren't 4nil up at the end of 90 mins when we beat them on penalties.

Penalties would be a worry...Cech doesn't save them so maybe a 120th minute substitution for Ospina :clap:

redgunamo
05-23-2017, 09:47 AM
120th minute substitution for Ospina :clap:

looooooooooooool. Brilliant :hehe:

SWv2
05-23-2017, 09:59 AM
Yep Ozil definitely plays but there are options for Arsene...

Anything can happen in these one off cup finals...remember Owen mugging us after we battered Liverpool senseless and I'm still not sure how United weren't 4nil up at the end of 90 mins when we beat them on penalties.

Penalties would be a worry...Cech doesn't save them so maybe a 120th minute substitution for Ospina :clap:

Talking purely for myself if we are still in the game at 120 minutes I will be treating this as a moral victory and be celebrating accordingly.

Verily there will be dancing on the tree lined streets and avenues of Dublin 16.

Viva Prat Vegas
05-30-2017, 11:36 AM

Thank you
I want to buy you a :lager:

Tony C
05-30-2017, 11:51 AM
Tactical masterclass from Arsene...didnt need the last minute Ospina for Cech sub because he was already on #Arseneknows