PDA

View Full Version : Was there a, erm, lap of appreciation yesterday?

Sir C
05-22-2017, 08:07 AM
A pretty sparse crowd, I'd have thought :-(

World's End Stella
05-22-2017, 08:18 AM

:nod:

I believe I saw a picture of it. The picture being of some players walking beneath a load of Wenger Out signs, and the like.

redgunamo
05-22-2017, 08:23 AM

Yes. One or two people were even upset that the manager didn't join in, appeared to chicken out of it/didn't allow them the opportunity to offer Him their heartfelt thanks for His efforts, loyalty and professionalism.

My sons missed their train home because of it so they've essentially got themselves a week off school because Thursday is the Feast of the Ascension/Father's Day :-\

Ash
05-22-2017, 08:42 AM

More stayed than I expected. It was actually quite a warm atmosphere, I thought. An acceptance that the league season may have been a disappoint but these are our players and we will show our support for them.

Sir C
05-22-2017, 08:45 AM
More stayed than I expected. It was actually quite a warm atmosphere, I thought. An acceptance that the league season may have been a disappoint but these are our players and we will show our support for them.

That's good to hear, a. Any clear farewell waves from Mesut or Sanchez?

Rich
05-22-2017, 08:49 AM

Alexis is definitely going. Keeps making noises about it and his body language is suggestive too. Ozil will stay imho - which is fantastic news, of course.

IUFG
05-22-2017, 08:53 AM

Nice to hear the fans signing Stan Kroneke's name. Went on for about 10 minutes.

not that he'll have heard it, of course. like he gives a ****.

Ash
05-22-2017, 09:09 AM

Not sure, but the Mesut played like someone who wants to stay. Apart from his goal Sanchez appeared to be playing for Everton.

Mo Britain less Europe
05-22-2017, 09:19 AM

I think the fact they played their socks off yesterday muted the hostility. Football fans have very short memories.

Luis Anaconda
05-22-2017, 09:39 AM
Yes. One or two people were even upset that the manager didn't join in, appeared to chicken out of it/didn't allow them the opportunity to offer Him their heartfelt thanks for His efforts, loyalty and professionalism.

My sons missed their train home because of it so they've essentially got themselves a week off school because Thursday is the Feast of the Ascension/Father's Day :-\
God bless the Ascension. Day to sober up before I have to go on holiday

redgunamo
05-22-2017, 09:43 AM
God bless the Ascension. Day to sober up before I have to go on holiday

Typical Eurotrash; any excuse to skive off, even religion #brexit

https://www.thelocal.de/userdata/images/1462374990_vatertag%20bollerwagen%20dpa.jpg

Alberto Balsam Rodriguez
05-22-2017, 09:47 AM
Not sure, but the Mesut played like someone who wants to stay. Apart from his goal Sanchez appeared to be playing for Everton.

Sanchez has one out of the door and will have the pick of teams to join. We will get a decent fee for him.

Not sure Ozil wants to stay but might have little choice given the apparent lack of interest...

redgunamo
05-22-2017, 09:52 AM
Sanchez has one out of the door and will have the pick of teams to join. We will get a decent fee for him.

Not sure Ozil wants to stay but might have little choice given the apparent lack of interest...

I think Alexis stays. After all, he's just had a great season, personally.

Alberto Balsam Rodriguez
05-22-2017, 09:53 AM
I think Alexis stays. After all, he's just had a great season, personally.

Not sure a Thursday night in Tblisi is going give him a chubby

Alberto Balsam Rodriguez
05-22-2017, 10:05 AM
I think the fact they played their socks off yesterday muted the hostility. Football fans have very short memories.

Or, as fans, all we should be asking for is for each player to do everything they can to get the right result. Whether this is good play, discipline, organization, strength etc etc. If the players give all that and get a result, we should be happy. If the result goes against us, we at least appreciate the effort and application shown by the players.

Mo Britain less Europe
05-22-2017, 10:07 AM
I agree, but the lap is also supposed to be about the season and there were several nights when the above did not happen. If we'd lost the game yesterday with a limp performance it might have turned unto a lap of depreciation.