PDA

View Full Version : So if we'd signed Mustafi in time for the first game and got a draw, we'd be in the

Ganpati's Goonerz--AFC's Aboriginal Fertility Cult
05-21-2017, 04:18 PM
CL and would be £30m richer. Well done, you penny pinching French ****.

Cyprus The Immortal Gooner
05-21-2017, 04:28 PM
Going into that game with Chambers & Holding was a terrible result of Wenger's policy to wait until the last day to save money...

Mo Britain less Europe
05-21-2017, 04:33 PM
Yes. Or if we'd beaten that hopeless Watford outfit at home. Or if we'd got a couple of draws in those terrible away peformances at Palace and West Brom.

Alberto Balsam Rodriguez
05-21-2017, 04:44 PM
Going into that game with Chambers & Holding was a terrible result of Wenger's policy to wait until the last day to save money...

I thought Wenger doesn't negotiate the deals. Why is he getting the blame?

Mo Britain less Europe
05-21-2017, 04:47 PM

I don't know who negotiates the deals so I'm just blaming the club as a whole. Maybe it's the wonderful and underpaid Gazidis who stalled it.

Rich
05-21-2017, 04:48 PM

None of us know the details, so best not to speculate on them. Arsene is staying (seems the club have leaked it now), so let's just get behind him. New formation, new fortunes?

Mo Britain less Europe
05-21-2017, 04:49 PM
I am seriously considering giving up my season tickets.

Tony C
05-21-2017, 05:05 PM
Lol guess you've been waiting a while with this won.

--

Any FA Cup tickets going? Gotta be a few spares knocking about...Kos ain't playing so we can't win innit

bbrian
05-21-2017, 09:13 PM

Sure you are Mo ...you'll renew . I'll bet you a tenner on it

Mo Britain less Europe
05-22-2017, 09:21 AM
Sure you are Mo ...you'll renew . I'll bet you a tenner on it

I will renew but I am seriously considering not renewing. If we are to have an era of Kronke-led mediocrity with no end in sight I think I would give my tickets up. Won't stop supporting the team or watching all the games but I won't spend my money so it goes into Kronke's pocket if we do not invest in a competitive team.

World's End Stella
05-22-2017, 09:29 AM

ManU made £34mil from the EL this year and I would expect us to be favourites next year.

So the financial impact of missing out on CL football is overstated.

Pokster
05-22-2017, 09:53 AM
ManU made £34mil from the EL this year and I would expect us to be favourites next year.

So the financial impact of missing out on CL football is overstated.

:yawn: favourites :hehe:

Luis Anaconda
05-22-2017, 09:54 AM

Yes - that's how football works

redgunamo
05-22-2017, 09:55 AM

I'm not sure playing for a draw is our thing, whoever our players are.

redgunamo
05-22-2017, 09:56 AM
:yawn: favourites :hehe:

Surely we must be amongst them?

Mo Britain less Europe
05-22-2017, 10:03 AM
So far the cast includes:

Manu (if they don't win it this year), Villareal, Real Sociedad, Lazio, Lokomotiv Moscow' Koln, Milan, Zenit St Petersburg, PSV, Marseille and Lyon although I imagine we'd be kept apart from most of those.

redgunamo
05-23-2017, 07:47 AM
In fact, to be perfectly honest, that's the thing I've never forgiven Wenger for, constantly turning any discussion about football to one about the crazy idea that we don't have enough of the stuff.

What He ought to be banging on about, of course, is heartfelt tributes to our supporters who provide Him with more funds than any Arsenal manager in history and gate monies more than any other club in Europe every match. Who does He think pays His salary and bonuses!

Yet all we hear about is how He could've joined every other club in the world, as though He's working for us for free because He loves us. Frankly, if He needed to be at a club that is financially stronger than we are then there are several of these He should've joined rather than stay with us and grouse about it the whole time.

The whole thing is just so much ingratitude and ungrateful whining, to all our suppoerters who actually do pay an awful lot, not just in money, but also in time and trouble and actual emotional engagement with our football club. Shameful.

I do understand it though; I know Frenchman and that is just what they are actually like. He's not putting it on. Their perspective is always very much "Qu'ils mangent de la brioche."

Merde.

Tony C
05-23-2017, 09:11 AM
Only Skybet have prices for next season's EL...we are the 12/1 favourites...next best is Villarreal at 18/1 and Lazio at 20/1.

Hertha Berlin look a little tasty at 50/1.

Don't forget...as things stand 12/1 is good but the 3rd place CL teams get dropped into the EL so everything can change..would be funny if we end up with Bayern again.

Tony C
05-23-2017, 09:18 AM
The only way to hurt Stan and make him leave is in the pockets...people have to make the hard choice and don't renew...also stop buying the merchandise.

Don't feel bad...don't think you can't because you love the club so much...what you're doing is for the love of the club.

At the moment him and his team think it's another successful season...4 points more than last year, cup final, Europa league money and loads of cash from renewals, tickets and merchandise.

You got to hurt this lot imo

I think Ivan has woken up and realised this can't continue but he's hot no chance vs Stan and Wenger.

He can go help usmanov with Everton :(