PDA

View Full Version : So the Swedes have dropped the rape charges against Assange

World's End Stella
05-19-2017, 09:54 AM
regardless of what anyone thinks of Assange, the whole thing has to have been one of the most absurd, avoidable situations I can ever remember.

And the people who come out of it worst are the Swedish authorities, I think.

Bizarre.

Mo Britain less Europe
05-19-2017, 09:56 AM
And Assange. If he was innocent why didn't he face the music and win the day? Too much belief in his own conspiracy theories.

World's End Stella
05-19-2017, 10:00 AM
And Assange. If he was innocent why didn't he face the music and win the day? Too much belief in his own conspiracy theories.

Erm, because the Swedes wouldn't agree to guarantee him that they wouldn't extradite him to the US? Of course, the charges were so weak they could have just been dropped. Or they could have sent someone to the UK years ago. Or they could sort out their absurd sexual assault laws in the first place.

There were many relatively easy outcomes, none of which happened as far as I can tell, because of the stupidity or stubbornness of the Swedish authorities.

Burney
05-19-2017, 10:01 AM
regardless of what anyone thinks of Assange, the whole thing has to have been one of the most absurd, avoidable situations I can ever remember.

And the people who come out of it worst are the Swedish authorities, I think.

Bizarre.

I suspect it's the fact that the current US administration has indicated that it will no longer seek extradition if he's brought to Sweden that's caused them to give up the charge. Assange was an Obama target, whereas he's been playing nice with Trump. No Obama means no diplomatic pressure.

Mo Britain less Europe
05-19-2017, 10:02 AM
All in his mind. They would not have extradited him because all they wanted is for him to respond to the accusations as any other potential rapist should.

World's End Stella
05-19-2017, 10:09 AM
I suspect it's the fact that the current US administration has indicated that it will no longer seek extradition if he's brought to Sweden that's caused them to give up the charge. Assange was an Obama target, whereas he's been playing nice with Trump. No Obama means no diplomatic pressure.

Hmmm, that suggests that the Swedes were only or primarily trying to get him to Sweden in order to extradite him to the US.

If so, I find that very odd.

World's End Stella
05-19-2017, 10:10 AM
All in his mind. They would not have extradited him because all they wanted is for him to respond to the accusations as any other potential rapist should.

Then why didn't they give him the guarantee he was looking for? Or agree to send someone to the UK to interview him when he was first charged?

Burney
05-19-2017, 10:17 AM
Hmmm, that suggests that the Swedes were only or primarily trying to get him to Sweden in order to extradite him to the US.

If so, I find that very odd.

As things stand, WES, the Swedes are barely prosecuting men in their country who gang rape teenagers. Given which, their going ballistic over this very specific, technical case of third-degree rape looks a trifle odd, no?

World's End Stella
05-19-2017, 10:19 AM
As things stand, WES, the Swedes are barely prosecuting men in their country who gang rape teenagers. Given which, their going ballistic over this very specific, technical case of third-degree rape looks a trifle odd, no?

Oh, yes, quite.

My conclusion from this bizarre episode is that Swedes are very odd and that their entire male population barely have a single b0llock between them.

Burney
05-19-2017, 10:22 AM
Oh, yes, quite.

My conclusion from this bizarre episode is that Swedes are very odd and that their entire male population barely have a single b0llock between them.

Yup. State of these poor, emasculated fückers.

http://www.johanbavman.se/swedish-dads/

World's End Stella
05-19-2017, 10:34 AM

The most depressing part of the Assange affair was reading about the sexual assault laws in Sweden. As I recall, one of them was effectively 'I agreed to sleep with him and everything I did, I did voluntarily, but in hindsight I wish I hadn't'.

What sort of man would accept that as a definition of sexual assault? Mind boggling.

redgunamo
05-19-2017, 10:38 AM

Poor old BGM :-(

Burney
05-19-2017, 10:40 AM
The most depressing part of the Assange affair was reading about the sexual assault laws in Sweden. As I recall, one of them was effectively 'I agreed to sleep with him and everything I did, I did voluntarily, but in hindsight I wish I hadn't'.

What sort of man would accept that as a definition of sexual assault? Mind boggling.

Yup. Mind you, poor old Rolf is now up on charges because he asked some girl "Do you often get molested on a Saturday morning?" - a case that should clearly fall under the 'banter' defence.

Burney
05-19-2017, 10:41 AM
Poor old BGM :-(

:nod: This from the race that brought us the Viking. Now look at them. :-(

Monty92
05-19-2017, 10:44 AM

Yeah, they tightened the laws a while back. Unfortunately they did so at a time when they were welcoming thousands more Allans, resulting in massive c*nts like me blaming them for the spike in sex crime :hehe:

:-|

World's End Stella
05-19-2017, 10:44 AM

:clap: :clap:

Burney
05-19-2017, 10:47 AM
Yeah, they tightened the laws a while back. Unfortunately they did so at a time when they were welcoming thousands more Allans, resulting in massive c*nts like me blaming them for the spike in sex crime :hehe:

:-|

I wouldn't call that 'tightening up'. I'd call it rendering opaque to the point of meaninglessness. This is the problem with alterations to rape laws - they are only ever introduced with the intention of ensuring not justice, but increased convictions.

redgunamo
05-19-2017, 10:52 AM

Yes, that's the danger in being a "fighting race"; you've actually got to be very good at it otherwise you lose all credibility at home. Then the wife takes charge and she's not interested in whether you won or not; she only cares about spending all the swag on frilly dresses and chocolates and lingerie and court shoes.