PDA

View Full Version : Wenger saying He doesn't pay attention to what Tony Adams has to say.

redgunamo
05-19-2017, 09:47 AM
Quite right too, imo.

Mo Britain less Europe
05-19-2017, 09:59 AM
Quite right but Arsene could do with accepting criticism a little more gracefully.

redgunamo
05-19-2017, 10:08 AM
Quite right but Arsene could do with accepting criticism a little more gracefully.

I'm not sure that would help. People would see it as weakness, a lack of self-belief.

The nature of the business means a manager nowadays must be his own most implacable advocate.

Ash
05-19-2017, 10:11 AM
I'm not sure that would help. People would see it as weakness, a lack of self-belief.

The nature of the business means a manager nowadays must be his own most implacable advocate.

If there one thing Arsene can be relied on for it is his sense of self-belief.

And his mental strength.

Two things. Self belief and mental strength.

And dropping a little bit physically in the second half.

Three things.

AMONGST the things that Arsene can be relied on ARE .....

Herbette Chapman - aged 15
05-19-2017, 10:15 AM
Talking in a silly Inspector Cleuso accent even though he's been here 20 years

World's End Stella
05-19-2017, 10:16 AM

OJ Made in America part 4 the other night, Herb. Quite superb even the second time around.

redgunamo
05-19-2017, 10:19 AM

Oh, He's a proud Frenchman. He has the same intrinsic, ineffaceable contempt for speaking English as the English do for speaking French.

Burney
05-19-2017, 10:21 AM
OJ Made in America part 4 the other night, Herb. Quite superb even the second time around.

Yes. Although it did strike me at one stage that all this fuss over a common-or-garden narcissistic psychopath is simply evidence that America is fûcking weird about race in a way that no country on earth can match - which we kind of already knew. Enjoyable programme, though.

World's End Stella
05-19-2017, 10:38 AM
Yes. Although it did strike me at one stage that all this fuss over a common-or-garden narcissistic psychopath is simply evidence that America is fûcking weird about race in a way that no country on earth can match - which we kind of already knew. Enjoyable programme, though.

I would have put Fuhrman on the stand even after the tapes came out and let Cochrane et al do their best. I would have thought the 'yes, I was like that but have changed' line would have been better than him taking the 5th. Also, there was a former boss of his who was black who claimed he had changed and that he was a good police officer, surely he could have testified as well?

The prosecution was as incompetent as the defence was immoral, I think.

Darren's Dodgy Denim
05-19-2017, 10:59 AM
Adams would probably do a better job at Granada if he had a few pints in the morning.

Alberto Balsam Rodriguez
05-19-2017, 11:02 AM
If there one thing Arsene can be relied on for it is his sense of self-belief.

And his mental strength.

Two things. Self belief and mental strength.

And dropping a little bit physically in the second half.

Three things.

AMONGST the things that Arsene can be relied on ARE .....

And not seeing anything.

Ash
05-19-2017, 12:09 PM
And not seeing anything.

He saw the Crouch handball :hehe:

Alberto Balsam Rodriguez
05-19-2017, 02:00 PM
He saw the Crouch handball :hehe:

He was the only one

SWv2
05-19-2017, 02:29 PM
Quite right too, imo.

Hear hear.

When parents query my tactical decisions on a saturday morning I tell them to fúck off.

IUFG
05-19-2017, 02:33 PM
Hear hear.

When parents query my tactical decisions on a saturday morning I tell them to fúck off.

:rolemodel: :hehe:

SWv2
05-19-2017, 02:38 PM
:rolemodel: :hehe:

I will have you know I successfully completed an FAI Child Awareness course just the other week.

Only in Ireland could the course instructor stand at the front and suggest you write a club policy stating that managers will not ride their own players.

:-|

Burney
05-19-2017, 02:42 PM
I will have you know I successfully completed an FAI Child Awareness course just the other week.

Only in Ireland could the course instructor stand at the front and suggest you write a club policy stating that managers will not ride their own players.

:hehe: That made me choke on my apple.

IUFG
05-19-2017, 02:42 PM

I take it you are now aware of children? wd FAI imo

redgunamo
05-19-2017, 02:46 PM
:hehe: That made me choke on my apple.

Can't be too careful nowadays, can you.

SWv2
05-19-2017, 02:53 PM
Can't be too careful nowadays, can you.

Once it's in a policy you have to stand by it.

Burney
05-19-2017, 03:41 PM
Once it's in a policy you have to stand by it.

Harsh, but fair, sw. :-( If there's a clear, no-nonsense no-noncing policy you have to abide by it come what may.

Mo Britain less Europe
05-19-2017, 04:04 PM
Tony Adams has become the William Shatner of retired footballers, generally liked but no-one takes him seriously.