PDA

View Full Version : Diving punishable by a 2-match ban from next season

Monty92
05-18-2017, 02:39 PM
Hmmmmmmmmm, football.

71 Guns - channeling the spirit of Mr Hat
05-18-2017, 02:43 PM
Hmmmmmmmmm, football.
I quote: 'Under the new rules, passed by the governing body at its annual general meeting on Thursday, a panel will review footage from the weekend each Monday looking for cases of simulation.'

Jesus indeed wept.

Lar d'Arse
05-18-2017, 02:45 PM
Yellows or reds dished out to be rescinded also if the dive is retrospectively punished.

Minefield here though. What if the player dives, defender gets sent off, penalty ensues, and the 'innocent' team play the rest of the game with ten men and a goal behind. There will still be many willing to dive and risk a two match ban.

Ash
05-18-2017, 03:22 PM
I quote: 'Under the new rules, passed by the governing body at its annual general meeting on Thursday, a panel will review footage from the weekend each Monday looking for cases of simulation.'

Jesus indeed wept.

Any chance of a panel reviewing examples of abject refereeing cùntery while we're at it?

71 Guns - channeling the spirit of Mr Hat
05-18-2017, 03:30 PM
Any chance of a panel reviewing examples of abject refereeing cùntery while we're at it?

I'm sure Mrs Mayhem would look into it if it gets her a few more votes :thumbup:

redgunamo
05-18-2017, 04:01 PM
Yellows or reds dished out to be rescinded also if the dive is retrospectively punished.

Minefield here though. What if the player dives, defender gets sent off, penalty ensues, and the 'innocent' team play the rest of the game with ten men and a goal behind. There will still be many willing to dive and risk a two match ban.

Still, more good work for former players and ex-referees. Keep them out of the public houses and bookies.

SWv2
05-18-2017, 04:14 PM

I have more sympathy for a referee making an error than a footballer diving. ****s essentially.