PDA

View Full Version : Next month I shall be able to apply for an Italian Passport

Pat Vegas
05-16-2017, 10:18 AM
they seem to have relaxed rules about this sort of thing. Like not having to have ever lived there.

Should I bother?

redgunamo
05-16-2017, 10:21 AM
they seem to have relaxed rules about this sort of thing. Like not having to have ever lived there.

Should I bother?

Why do/would you want one, P?

Pat Vegas
05-16-2017, 10:22 AM
Why do/would you want one, P?

Brexit,

and as I own something there maybe I can retire there or something.
and this way I could have 3 passports like a spy or something.

Burney
05-16-2017, 10:37 AM

Should I bother?

I'd be careful about doing that sort of thing until we see what kind of Brexit deal gets hammered out. Just in case.

redgunamo
05-16-2017, 10:40 AM
Brexit,

Do you eat avocado toast?

Billy Goat Sverige
05-16-2017, 10:40 AM
Brexit,

I can apply for a Swedish one now but haven't bothered. My British one expires in 2019 so i'll probably get a Swedish one then and not bother renewing my British one.

Burney
05-16-2017, 10:43 AM
I can apply for a Swedish one now but haven't bothered. My British one expires in 2019 so i'll probably get a Swedish one then and not bother renewing my British one.

So you never want to come back, bgm? :-( Because we'll be barring the gates to all foreigners come April 2019.

Burney
05-16-2017, 10:43 AM
Do you eat avocado toast?

I discovered my daughter eats poached eggs on avocado toast the other day. I was somewhat disgusted.

Billy Goat Sverige
05-16-2017, 10:45 AM
So you never want to come back, bgm? :-( Because we'll be barring the gates to all foreigners come April 2019.

Well i'm only thinking to get the Swedish one because i can just turn up at a police station and get it sorted within 20 minutes. How hard is it to renew a British one from abroad?

redgunamo
05-16-2017, 10:48 AM
You can't blame people though really. The world has become so addicted to spending other peoples' money that nobody understands what's what anymore.

I discovered my daughter eats poached eggs on avocado toast the other day. I was somewhat disgusted.

redgunamo
05-16-2017, 10:49 AM
Well i'm only thinking to get the Swedish one because i can just turn up at a police station and get it sorted within 20 minutes. How hard is it to renew a British one from abroad?

Piece of piss, I think. Though, I gather it takes a little longer than twenty minutes. A week or two perhaps?

Luis Anaconda
05-16-2017, 10:55 AM

I did it last year. Pretty simple but you do have to send the old one off so you're without a passport for up to four weeks (they were pretty good and got it back to me in just over two though

IUFG
05-16-2017, 10:56 AM
...and as I own something there maybe I can retire there or something.

Yes, you could go across there and claim their state pension and other benefits ...

Billy Goat Sverige
05-16-2017, 10:57 AM
I did it last year. Pretty simple but you do have to send the old one off so you're without a passport for up to four weeks (they were pretty good and got it back to me in just over two though

Seems alright then. For some reason i was thinking i'd get called to an embassy for an interview :hehe:

Pat Vegas
05-16-2017, 11:04 AM
Yes, you could go across there and claim their state pension and other benefits ...

:nod: I want one of those ID card type things they have so I can buy fags out of the machine.

World's End Stella
05-16-2017, 11:08 AM
I was recently told I could get a British passport easily but it would cost me about £400. £400 to become British.

Seems a bit steep imo.

Billy Goat Sverige
05-16-2017, 11:10 AM
I was recently told I could get a British passport easily but it would cost me about £400. £400 to become British.

Seems a bit steep imo.

Cost me £150 to apply for Swedish citizenship and then a passport is £35.

Pat Vegas
05-16-2017, 11:12 AM

Seems a bit steep imo.

I still haven't got won.
But I am fed up of having to go through the non eu queue at the airport.

World's End Stella
05-16-2017, 11:13 AM
Cost me £150 to apply for Swedish citizenship and then a passport is £35.

Have the Swedes got you into (ice) hockey at all, BGS? There was a point in time back in the late 90s when Sweden was right up there with Canada, Russia and the Yanks. Slipped a bit more recently.

redgunamo
05-16-2017, 11:14 AM

Seems a bit steep imo.

That's just the cost of the passport; being British is beyond price.

Far beyond.

World's End Stella
05-16-2017, 11:15 AM
I still haven't got won.
But I am fed up of having to go through the non eu queue at the airport.

:nod:

Usually not an issue for me as when I'm with the family we use the EU queue and when I'm on business it's business class which offers Fast Track. But a few months back a took a last minute BA flight to NY from Gatwick and there was no Fast Track at Gatwick.

Seemed like half of Africa was in the queue with me. Took over an hour. :-(

Billy Goat Sverige
05-16-2017, 11:16 AM
Have the Swedes got you into (ice) hockey at all, BGS? There was a point in time back in the late 90s when Sweden was right up there with Canada, Russia and the Yanks. Slipped a bit more recently.

Nah i struggle with it. My girlfriends dad tried to get me to go and watch a game with him and i did everything i could to get out of it :hehe:

redgunamo
05-16-2017, 11:21 AM
Nah i struggle with it. My girlfriends dad tried to get me to go and watch a game with him and i did everything i could to get out of it :hehe:

I only go for the beer and sausages. Mastercard are happy my children play it quite well :-|

Rich
05-16-2017, 11:25 AM

My Afrikaan brothers will be flocking here once the gates at Dover slam shut to Poles :cloud9:

Though not sure that there is going to be much in the way of a job market. But we'll worry about that later.

Pat Vegas
05-16-2017, 11:28 AM
:nod:

Usually not an issue for me as when I'm with the family we use the EU queue and when I'm on business it's business class which offers Fast Track. But a few months back a took a last minute BA flight to NY from Gatwick and there was no Fast Track at Gatwick.

Seemed like half of Africa was in the queue with me. Took over an hour. :-(

:hehe: apparently I can use the EU wons in the UK but I spy which queue is longer. 'WHERE IS YOUR LANDING CARD' Just hold on a minute jobsworth I don't need won.

Cool thing is you get stamps in the EU.

though that being said I got stuck behind a group of chinese monks once. That took forever.

Ash
05-16-2017, 11:42 AM

Steady on, Billy. You'll be getting Sharia a little before us, I expect. You might want to come back.

redgunamo
05-16-2017, 12:04 PM
Steady on, Billy. You'll be getting Sharia a little before us, I expect. You might want to come back.

I'm not certain Sharona would work in the frozen northern wastes of Northern Europe, to be honest.

Ash
05-16-2017, 12:17 PM
I'm not certain Sharona would work in the frozen northern wastes of Northern Europe, to be honest.

Well, I'm certain that you have The Knack of confusing me, at times.

redgunamo
05-16-2017, 12:24 PM
Well, I'm certain that you have The Knack of confusing me, at times.

I just knew you'd get that one!

Luis Anaconda
05-16-2017, 12:37 PM
I just knew you'd get that one!
My - or should I say M-m-m_my never had noticed these lyrics before

Never gonna stop, give it up, such a dirty mind
I always get it up, for the touch of the younger kind

redgunamo
05-16-2017, 01:35 PM
My - or should I say M-m-m_my never had noticed these lyrics before

Never gonna stop, give it up, such a dirty mind
I always get it up, for the touch of the younger kind

Oh, yes. There was nothing wrong with it. Still isn't, in much of the world. Something to do with life expectancy
:shrug: