PDA

View Full Version : 4th place gone

Alberto Balsam Rodriguez
05-14-2017, 02:30 PM
Welcome Thursday night football :-(

Mo Britain less Europe
05-14-2017, 02:32 PM
Yep. It's over. Those pathetic performances at West Brom and Palace.

Rich
05-14-2017, 03:06 PM
Yep. It's over. Those pathetic performances at West Brom and Palace.

:nono: We have Agent Chambers on loan at Boro. He'll do us a favour next weekend.

The Insider
05-14-2017, 03:29 PM
On the plus side we get to go to some new places on a Thursday!

barrybueno
05-14-2017, 03:38 PM
Welcome Thursday night football :-(

Good. **** Wenger and his stupid little proud record. The ****

Mo Britain less Europe
05-14-2017, 04:21 PM
On the plus side we get to go to some new places on a Thursday!

Won't be changing my living-room just because we're not in the CL.

Tony C
05-15-2017, 06:12 AM
I'm usually quite positive but it's over....done and dusted...fat lady has song....fininto....

5th place and we've only got ourselves to blame.

Wenger for not implementing the 3-4-3 sooner (he said had been toying with the idea 2 months before)

Players for genuinely being fkin uselss for all those games...Watford at home, West Brom away, Palace away....no heart, no desire, they just didn't care and our fans were right to slaughter them at Palace.

One thing though...when Wenger started at the club he inherited a top class defence and we were playing in the UEFA Cup.

Now 2 decades on it's happening again...

Cech, Bellerin, Holding, Mustafi, Kos and Monreal are top class in the 3-4-3 system and it's the vagaries of the Europa League for us.

I wouldn't mind if he stays as long as he keeps building on what we've achieved the last few games with this system but man....I wouldn't say no to Simeone or Allegri right now.

The Insider
05-15-2017, 07:56 AM
When all the above is said and done, if we hadn't lost to Liverpoo on the opening day, we would still be heading for 4th place.

Doomed from day one.

World's End Stella
05-15-2017, 08:04 AM
Isn't it great? :cloud9:

Alberto Balsam Rodriguez
05-15-2017, 08:30 AM
I'm usually quite positive but it's over....done and dusted...fat lady has song....fininto....

5th place and we've only got ourselves to blame.

Wenger for not implementing the 3-4-3 sooner (he said had been toying with the idea 2 months before)

Players for genuinely being fkin uselss for all those games...Watford at home, West Brom away, Palace away....no heart, no desire, they just didn't care and our fans were right to slaughter them at Palace.

One thing though...when Wenger started at the club he inherited a top class defence and we were playing in the UEFA Cup.

Now 2 decades on it's happening again...

Cech, Bellerin, Holding, Mustafi, Kos and Monreal are top class in the 3-4-3 system and it's the vagaries of the Europa League for us.

I wouldn't mind if he stays as long as he keeps building on what we've achieved the last few games with this system but man....I wouldn't say no to Simeone or Allegri right now.

3-4-3 has made very little difference and we got the same results we probably would have got in the old formation. We lost to Spurs and looked abject in a 3-4-3. We are too easy to play against when we do not have the ball while not having enough presence further up the pitch to do enough damage often enough, particularly against the better teams.

Ash
05-15-2017, 08:40 AM
3-4-3 has made very little difference and we got the same results we probably would have got in the old formation.

Yes, because we usually beat Mourinho then win at Southampton and Stoke. :nod:

Billy Goat Sverige
05-15-2017, 08:49 AM
3-4-3 has made very little difference and we got the same results we probably would have got in the old formation. We lost to Spurs and looked abject in a 3-4-3. We are too easy to play against when we do not have the ball while not having enough presence further up the pitch to do enough damage often enough, particularly against the better teams.

Disagree. While we've looked shaky in defense at times i can't remember us being caught on the counter in this formation since it was implemented, which was happening all too often with the other one.

Pat Vegas
05-15-2017, 08:55 AM
Disagree. While we've looked shaky in defense at times i can't remember us being caught on the counter in this formation since it was implemented, which was happening all too often with the other one.

I am curious to see how it will work against Chelsea.

Perhaps we will catch each other out. they have had more time using it though.

penalties it is then.

Alberto Balsam Rodriguez
05-15-2017, 09:39 AM
Yes, because we usually beat Mourinho then win at Southampton and Stoke. :nod:

Southampton and Stoke had nothing to play for and ManU made wholesale changes.

City, Middlesboro and Spurs were the games to really take stock of this new formation.

Peter
05-15-2017, 09:46 AM
Southampton and Stoke had nothing to play for and ManU made wholesale changes.

City, Middlesboro and Spurs were the games to really take stock of this new formation.

Middlesboro was the first time we used it and we won. We beat City. Spurs would have beaten us if we had had 12 men, the formation wasn't going to change that.

redgunamo
05-15-2017, 08:15 PM
When all the above is said and done, if we hadn't lost to Liverpoo on the opening day, we would still be heading for 4th place.

Doomed from day one.

Regardless of which games, we always seem to find a way to avoid getting 80 points.

And even then, the last time we did it, we only finished in third, I think :-\