PDA

View Full Version : The Asian woman on Masterchef is making me increasingly angry.

Burney
05-12-2017, 08:41 AM
She's done what a lot of Asian contestants do and played to her strengths in the early rounds - namely Asian food. Fair enough, but in the past, the judges have demanded that such contestants show they can do other things. This, traditionally, has been where such contestants fall down. This year, however, the woman has been allowed to cook Asian food in every single competitive round (I'm not counting the South African episode as there was no discernible point to that whatsoever). In all this time, no-one has pointed out that she hasn't shown any ability to do anything other than Indian-style food. She's now in the final and if she isn't tested there, I will be outraged.

Sir C
05-12-2017, 08:44 AM
She's done what a lot of Asian contestants do and played to her strengths in the early rounds - namely Asian food. Fair enough, but in the past, the judges have demanded that such contestants show they can do other things. This, traditionally, has been where such contestants fall down. This year, however, the woman has been allowed to cook Asian food in every single round competitive round (I'm not counting the South African episode as there was no discernible point to that whatsoever). In all this time, no-one has pointed out that she hasn't shown any ability to do anything other than Indian-style food. She's now in the final and if she isn't tested there, I will be outraged.

Multiculturalism, isn't it? Or, to put it another way, the systematic, politically-driven destruction of British culture.

Blair and his leftards must be utterly thrilled.

Burney
05-12-2017, 08:46 AM
Multiculturalism, isn't it? Or, to put it another way, the systematic, politically-driven destruction of British culture.

It's not as bad as Fumbi in the earlier round. Fumbi couldn't cook at all, but managed to squeak through two rounds by being black.

redgunamo
05-12-2017, 08:47 AM
A little too late for some, of course, but still ..

SWv2
05-12-2017, 09:10 AM
She's done what a lot of Asian contestants do and played to her strengths in the early rounds - namely Asian food. Fair enough, but in the past, the judges have demanded that such contestants show they can do other things. This, traditionally, has been where such contestants fall down. This year, however, the woman has been allowed to cook Asian food in every single competitive round (I'm not counting the South African episode as there was no discernible point to that whatsoever). In all this time, no-one has pointed out that she hasn't shown any ability to do anything other than Indian-style food. She's now in the final and if she isn't tested there, I will be outraged.

I am led to believe the exiting of the Irish girl is a disgrace / fix etc.

Sir C
05-12-2017, 09:24 AM

She was a stone cold killer.

I would.

Burney
05-12-2017, 09:26 AM

She made rice with chicken livers accompanied by pineapple, yellow pepper puree and beetroot puree. It sounded disgusting.

redgunamo
05-12-2017, 09:27 AM

Also, I suppose it simplifies things enormously if you only have to number your dishes, rather than name them.

Burney
05-12-2017, 09:29 AM

I would.

Yes, although I found the lump on her forehead distressing. I kept wondering why she didn't brush her hair the other way to cover it up.

Luis Anaconda
05-12-2017, 09:36 AM

I would.

PIC :standards:

Sir C
05-12-2017, 09:40 AM
PIC :standards:

Nasty peice of work. She'd cream you off with a Kenwood, as a friend of mine once remarked to a young lady who expressed an interest in cooking.

Burney
05-12-2017, 09:43 AM
Nasty peice of work. She'd cream you off with a Kenwood, as a friend of mine once remarked to a young lady who expressed an interest in cooking.

The lump, though. :-( Look at it.

Sir C
05-12-2017, 09:45 AM
The lump, though. :-( Look at it.

I like it. I hope it has a solitary coarse hair growing from within.

She's clearly a witch, b.

Luis Anaconda
05-12-2017, 09:47 AM

Lovely girl

Sir C
05-12-2017, 09:50 AM
Lovely girl

I could be anything you like, dearie.

IUFG
05-12-2017, 09:51 AM
She made rice with chicken livers accompanied by pineapple, yellow pepper puree and beetroot puree. It sounded disgusting.

**** me. Do they have to make dishes from the contents of a bin?

Luis Anaconda
05-12-2017, 09:54 AM
I could be anything you like, dearie.

NBMB - is that you?

redgunamo
05-12-2017, 09:55 AM
NBMB - is that you?

There's nothing wrong with it, LA.

Sir C
05-12-2017, 09:57 AM
NBMB - is that you?

Dear old NBMB, I sort of miss him. Don't have the energy for that sort of shenanigans these days.

My favourite character was a short-lived chav type who called everyone 'Guy' and regretted 'burning gyppos, like they done down Erith guy!'

SWv2
05-12-2017, 10:03 AM

Chips? Mash? Both?

Burney
05-12-2017, 11:21 AM
Chips? Mash? Both?

No spuds at all, sw :-(