PDA

View Full Version : Just seen the leaked Labour manifesto. Corbyn wants you all

Billy Goat Sverige
05-11-2017, 08:59 AM
living like the nordics :clap:

Sir C
05-11-2017, 09:06 AM

The Brtish are a proud race, b, and will never succomb to the shackles of communism.

Luis Anaconda
05-11-2017, 09:13 AM

Hang on - the election is a couple of weeks away, why is the manifesto being leaked rather than just published

Sir C
05-11-2017, 09:16 AM
Hang on - the election is a couple of weeks away, why is the manifesto being leaked rather than just published

Because they are incompetent loonies, fighting amongst themselves like ferrets in a sack.

Burney
05-11-2017, 09:16 AM

It is so late because the current Labour leadership is incompetent and it has been leaked because people within the Labour party understandably want Corbyn to crash and burn horribly.

Billy Goat Sverige
05-11-2017, 09:17 AM

I read they are finalising it today or something, so i imagine it will be out soon. Does seem very late in the day as you say.

Burney
05-11-2017, 09:18 AM

It feels more like he's pining for the 'good old days' of Britain in the 70s when everyone was skint, nothing worked and, the moment anything did, the unions would immediately go on strike to stop it.

PSRB
05-11-2017, 09:58 AM
It feels more like he's pining for the 'good old days' of Britain in the 70s when everyone was skint, nothing worked and, the moment anything did, the unions would immediately go on strike to stop it.

Have to say that if Social media was the barometer of voters then Labour would win by a landslide. I wonder they are so more prevalent on social media? :rubchin:

redgunamo
05-11-2017, 10:03 AM
Have to say that if Social media was the barometer of voters then Labour would win by a landslide. I wonder they are so more prevalent on social media? :rubchin:

Because it's easier than actually getting out and voting?

Burney
05-11-2017, 10:13 AM

Because they crave echo chambers where their views go largely unchallenged. They have learnt absolutely nothing from losing the 2015 election and the Brexit referendum and, rather than emerge from their echo chambers to engage with those with different views, have retreated further into them

Billy Goat Sverige
05-11-2017, 10:17 AM
Because they crave echo chambers where their views go largely unchallenged. They have learnt absolutely nothing from losing the 2015 election and the Brexit referendum and, rather than emerge from their echo chambers to engage with those with different views, have retreated further into them

:nod: Twitter is brilliant for finding people who agree with you and having a circle jerk. Also comes with the benefit of being able to mute or block those whose views don't align with yours.

redgunamo
05-11-2017, 10:19 AM

In fairness, I do remember somebody many years ago predicting that social media would lead to major advances for conservative politics, contrary to the belief that it would mostly benefit the Left.

Burney
05-11-2017, 10:21 AM
:nod: Twitter is brilliant for finding people who agree with you and having a circle jerk. Also comes with the benefit of being able to mute or block those whose views don't align with yours.

The consequence of this is that on June 9th there will actually be people who are surprised when the electorate hands Corbyn his arse. This can only happen when people are hiding from reality. As I said to someone the other day: If you keep being surprised by the results of popular votes, there's a good chance you exist in an echo chamber.

redgunamo
05-11-2017, 10:22 AM

Only if you're that sort in the first place though. Personally,
I rarely have anything to do with anyone whose views I like or agree with #22000posts

Sir C
05-11-2017, 10:23 AM

I continually make the mistake of keeping an eye on what the leftists are saying, and it simply scares me.

So many deluded loons. So many!

Burney
05-11-2017, 10:23 AM
In fairness, I do remember somebody many years ago predicting that social media would lead to major advances for conservative politics, contrary to the belief that it would mostly benefit the Left.

Whoever said that was very perceptive. It certainly has provided a workaround that allows views that are at odds with the prevalent mainstream media agenda to be widely disseminated and discussed.

Burney
05-11-2017, 10:24 AM
I continually make the mistake of keeping an eye on what the leftists are saying, and it simply scares me.

So many deluded loons. So many!

Has Mr Harvey been holding forth again? :hehe:

Sir C
05-11-2017, 10:25 AM
Whoever said that was very perceptive. It certainly has provided a workaround that allows views that are at odds with the prevalent mainstream media agenda to be widely disseminated and discussed.

It's true. I mean, I'm actually surprised when I see someone tweeting something that goes against currently allowable thought; I'm a bit like Winston Smith reading the book.

Sir C
05-11-2017, 10:27 AM
Has Mr Harvey been holding forth again? :hehe:

I've no idea, I disconnected from reading his nonsense some years ago.

Oddly, I met someone the other night who, quite by coincidence, works with him. "Is he still a sanctimonious little ****?" I enquired. The answer was, of course, in the affirmative.

PSRB
05-11-2017, 10:31 AM

Oddly, I met someone the other night who, quite by coincidence, works with him. "Is he still a sanctimonious little ****?" I enquired. The answer was, of course, in the affirmative.

That is of course the other left wing trait, they are incredibly preachy.

Burney
05-11-2017, 10:31 AM
It's true. I mean, I'm actually surprised when I see someone tweeting something that goes against currently allowable thought; I'm a bit like Winston Smith reading the book.

I believe the expression is 'red pilled'. You certainly are now seeing ideas creeping into mainstream discussion that would once have been thought 'hate crime'. I even heard someone suggest the other day that maybe treating every tomboy or effeminate boy as if they are in immediate need of gender realignment might not be a terribly good plan.

PSRB
05-11-2017, 10:32 AM
I believe the expression is 'red pilled'. You certainly are now seeing ideas creeping into mainstream discussion that would once have been thought 'hate crime'. I even heard someone suggest the other day that maybe treating every tomboy or effeminate boy as if they are in immediate need of gender realignment might not be a terribly good plan.

Piers Morgan's glw, I believe. It was written in the relative safety of the Telegraph

Sir C
05-11-2017, 10:34 AM

Have you seen the 'gender free' police hats, designed to not alienate trans applicants?

Someone must cry 'enough!' soon, surely?

Sir C
05-11-2017, 10:35 AM

Yes, up there on the moral high ground, bellowing away like their heroes.

Burney
05-11-2017, 10:38 AM

Well left-wing politics are essentially predicated on an assumed moral superiority. This means they are innately exclusionary, since in order to convince they demand an effective admission of moral turpitude on many of the would-be converts (i.e. solvent white males). Naturally, most such people are resistant to this and thus prefer to stick two fingers up and vote Tory instead.

Burney
05-11-2017, 10:39 AM
Piers Morgan's glw, I believe. It was written in the relative safety of the Telegraph

But even that's a start, you see. From there, such heresies can leak into other places.

Burney
05-11-2017, 10:45 AM
Yes, up there on the moral high ground, bellowing away like their heroes.

The number of Stalin denialists you encounter on Twitter is genuinely horrifying. And, even when they do accept that he might have killed a couple of million people, they will start telling with no shame you that you can't make an omelette without breaking a few eggs. These are the same people who will happily in the next breath start condemning people as 'Nazis' for voting for Donald Trump. :shakehead:

Burney
05-11-2017, 10:47 AM
Have you seen the 'gender free' police hats, designed to not alienate trans applicants?

Someone must cry 'enough!' soon, surely?

I did see that. I'd hoped it might be a pïsstake. :-(

So are male to female transers going to be allowed to conduct strip searches on female prisoners, I wonder?

Monty92
05-11-2017, 11:02 AM
I did see that. I'd hoped it might be a pïsstake. :-(

So are male to female transers going to be allowed to conduct strip searches on female prisoners, I wonder?

Isn't Awimb a leeeeeeeetle bit of an echo chamber?

Burney
05-11-2017, 11:04 AM

Of late, perhaps, but not historically. There have traditionally been widely differing political viewpoints on here.

Monty92
05-11-2017, 11:08 AM
Of late, perhaps, but not historically. There have traditionally been widely differing political viewpoints on here.

Yes. Good times.

redgunamo
05-11-2017, 11:08 AM

:nod: Snobby spastics are to blame for that.

Maybe things will change again though, now that the Wenger Question has been resolved.

Ash
05-11-2017, 01:07 PM

Wheras AWIMB is a predominantly right-wing circle jerk. :shrug:

Ash
05-11-2017, 01:08 PM

:-(

It saddens me to see Ian written about in this way.

Sir C
05-11-2017, 01:09 PM
:-(

It saddens me to see Ian written about in this way.

If you knew, a... if you knew :-(

Billy Goat Sverige
05-11-2017, 01:20 PM
Wheras AWIMB is a predominantly right-wing circle jerk. :shrug:

Only because the non right-wingers ran off crying.

Burney
05-11-2017, 01:24 PM

Also, younger chaps like yourself and Monty have grown up to have pleasingly conservative views.

Ash
05-11-2017, 01:30 PM

Well, not all of them. Some maybe just don't like getting involved in too many dogpiles when out-numbered. Same as those with non-prevailing views on social media. Some people can be right kuntz on the internet, whatever their views.

redgunamo
05-11-2017, 01:31 PM
Also, younger chaps like yourself and Monty have grown up to have pleasingly conservative views.

Yes, that's another thing. Conservatives have families, whereas non-conservatives have "friends" and you don't reproduce (your views, I mean, before you say anything) with your friends.