PDA

View Full Version : Herrera! Woa-oa-oa-oah!

Ash
05-08-2017, 10:50 AM
Herrera! Woa-oa-oa-oah!
He turned his back on the ball
And scored for Arsenal!

:music:

Also, when was the last time we played three red-and-white stripey teams in a row? If ever?

Luis Anaconda
05-08-2017, 11:15 AM
Herrera! Woa-oa-oa-oah!
He turned his back on the ball
And scored for Arsenal!

:music:

Also, when was the last time we played three red-and-white stripey teams in a row? If ever?

upon the ball would scan better.

The latter occurred to me yesterday - I have a feeling it has happened recently, as have a nagging memory of it at the time. ****ed if I know when though. Of course Sunderland won't be wearing that kit though if I were to be pedantic

Ash
05-08-2017, 12:48 PM
upon the ball would scan better.

The latter occurred to me yesterday - I have a feeling it has happened recently, as have a nagging memory of it at the time. ****ed if I know when though. Of course Sunderland won't be wearing that kit though if I were to be pedantic

Yes, "he turned upon the ball" does get rid of the 7th syllable. Was it the same three clubs in a row a season or two ago? It does ring a bell. And they all start with an S, for added synchronicity.

barrybueno
05-08-2017, 03:46 PM
Yes, "he turned upon the ball" does get rid of the 7th syllable. Was it the same three clubs in a row a season or two ago? It does ring a bell. And they all start with an S, for added synchronicity.

Upon sounds a bit clever for chanty football moron types, I think "turned his back on the ball" works ok

Burney
05-08-2017, 03:47 PM

To say he turned upon the ball suggests he suddenly became enraged with the ball and attacked it savagely.

Viva Prat Vegas
05-08-2017, 03:48 PM
Upon sounds a bit clever for chanty football moron types, I think "turned his back on the ball" works ok

It works if you talk with a Northern accent

:music: He turned his back on ball :music: