PDA

View Full Version : Exciting news, Awimb. Having previously thought that Mesut Ozil merely lives in my

Monty92
05-08-2017, 09:31 AM
neighbourhood, it turns out he lives on my actual f*cking road, about 300 yards from my flat. I was tipped off about this by a neighbour and verified it by taking a peek through his front gates this morning and spotting a Lamborghini and 4x4, both sporting German plates.

I can also confirm, as per the media reports, that he is indeed having his driveway re-laid.

Luis Anaconda
05-08-2017, 09:41 AM
neighbourhood, it turns out he lives on my actual f*cking road, about 300 yards from my flat. I was tipped off about this by a neighbour and verified it by taking a peek through his front gates this morning and spotting a Lamborghini and 4x4, both sporting German plates.

I can also confirm, as per the media reports, that he is indeed having his driveway re-laid.
Puts the price up when he sells

SWv2
05-08-2017, 09:44 AM
Puts the price up when he sells

Probably getting his landlord to do it.

Ash
05-08-2017, 09:55 AM

Bit of a come-down for Mez to have to move from a private road in Highgate to East Finchley. :-(

Burney
05-08-2017, 09:57 AM
Probably getting his landlord to do it.

Pikeys imo. When they said 'Tarmac yer droive, sor? We've a load o'spare tarmac left over from a job in Crouch End. We'll do it for a couple o'hundred quid' he probably had no idea what they were saying and just smiled and nodded.

Monty92
05-08-2017, 10:01 AM
Bit of a come-down for Mez to have to move from a private road in Highgate to East Finchley. :-(

A fitting metaphor for his career trajectory, perhaps :-(

Herbette Chapman - aged 15
05-08-2017, 10:49 AM
Careful m. If he spots you rubbing your skinny skinless pecker against his hand made wrought iron gates, he'll probably call the police.

Herbette Chapman - aged 15
05-08-2017, 10:51 AM
Jayzuss Cornelius! did ye see d' size o' de eyes and that cont!

The Insider
05-08-2017, 10:53 AM
You mean that you haven't noticed him moving nonchalantly about the area trying to make everything seem perfect and pretty whilst actually leaving any hard work to his neighbours....?

Alberto Balsam Rodriguez
05-08-2017, 11:21 AM

How is this "exciting news"?

Whatever you do, m, don't walk up to him with your arms stretched out wide and say "thanks for the memories"

Luis Anaconda
05-08-2017, 11:25 AM
You mean that you haven't noticed him moving nonchalantly about the area trying to make everything seem perfect and pretty whilst actually leaving any hard work to his neighbours....?

Ah, the football equivalent of seeing the Mona Lisa and saying: "da Vinci was a **** - the bit in the middle is all right but he did **** all when the canvas and the frame were made

World's End Stella
05-08-2017, 12:57 PM
Ah, the football equivalent of seeing the Mona Lisa and saying: "da Vinci was a **** - the bit in the middle is all right but he did **** all when the canvas and the frame were made

To be fair, he has been awfully poor this season far too often for such a talented player. Surely even you wouldn't argue that?

Sir C
05-08-2017, 12:59 PM
To be fair, he has been awfully poor this season far too often for such a talented player. Surely even you wouldn't argue that?

You appreciate that even when he is having a 'poor' game, he is usually still the best player on the pitch by a margin, don't you?

I mean, you do get that, don't you?

SWv2
05-08-2017, 01:03 PM

He did do that thing in Ludogorets all the same.

Ash
05-08-2017, 01:18 PM
He did do that thing in Ludogorets all the same.

He was offside, wasn't he?

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Y0DinAlqjUY

Let's see if he can do it on a wet wednesday in Stoke.

SWv2
05-08-2017, 01:23 PM
He was offside, wasn't he?

Let's see if he can do it on a wet wednesday in Stoke.

Inconclusive from that angle.

I thought it was Southampton on Wednesday?

Ash
05-08-2017, 01:26 PM
Inconclusive from that angle.

I thought it was Southampton on Wednesday?

Oh yeah.

Wet Wednesday down the docks on the South Coast then.

SWv2
05-08-2017, 01:31 PM
Oh yeah.

Wet Wednesday down the docks on the South Coast then.

I expect Mesut will glide across the surface at St Marys like the all-conquering football God he is.

We play with a back 3 now A, all our woes are behind us. There is a bright and brave new future ahead.

Got one of my membership renewal e-mails earlier.

World's End Stella
05-08-2017, 01:52 PM
You appreciate that even when he is having a 'poor' game, he is usually still the best player on the pitch by a margin, don't you?

I mean, you do get that, don't you?

So you mean against Tottenham he was the best player on the pitch by a margin?

No, I don't get that. Mostly because it's complete and utter *******s. Even Cesc went through bad patches, Charles. And Mesut is going through one now. Nothing wrong with being able to admit that.

Sir C
05-08-2017, 01:56 PM
So you mean against Tottenham he was the best player on the pitch by a margin?

No, I don't get that. Mostly because it's complete and utter *******s. Even Cesc went through bad patches, Charles. And Mesut is going through one now. Nothing wrong with being able to admit that.

:-( I don't know how to put this delicately, but... let's just say that I'm sure your knowledge of ice hockey is exceptionally insightful.

World's End Stella
05-08-2017, 02:09 PM
:-( I don't know how to put this delicately, but... let's just say that I'm sure your knowledge of ice hockey is exceptionally insightful.

Stop being a tw@t.

He's been poor too often recently and has been one of our worst players in several games, something isn't quite right with the googly eyed Turk. If you can't see that, new hobby etc etc

Sir C
05-08-2017, 02:13 PM
Stop being a tw@t.

He's been poor too often recently and has been one of our worst players in several games, something isn't quite right with the googly eyed Turk. If you can't see that, new hobby etc etc

There is no need to be offensive.

Luis Anaconda
05-08-2017, 02:19 PM

He hasn't had his best season, certainly not since Christmas and possibly since Sanchez has more often than not been out wide. But that really wasn't the point - more that there are games when he still does wonderful things but people will complain because he doesn't tackle like Roy Keane on steroids. Look at this bull**** form the Times ratings today (which even by most ratings were absolutely, mind-bogglingly ridiculous.

MESUT ÖZIL Winding down his days at the Emirates. His contribution in the past five games has been practically nothing 5

I would have paid the entry free for the little shimmy, run it to the box and perfect ball across the face of goal that Danny clapped as he let it go by. And that was far from his only decent contribution

Mind you that isn't even the worst of it:

GRANIT XHAKA Fans sung about Patrick Vieira, indicating that Xhaka is not the leader Arsenal need. Scored with a deflected strike 6

Utter utter *******s

Ash
05-08-2017, 02:36 PM
He hasn't had his best season, certainly not since Christmas and possibly since Sanchez has more often than not been out wide. But that really wasn't the point - more that there are games when he still does wonderful things but people will complain because he doesn't tackle like Roy Keane on steroids. Look at this bull**** form the Times ratings today (which even by most ratings were absolutely, mind-bogglingly ridiculous.

MESUT ÖZIL Winding down his days at the Emirates. His contribution in the past five games has been practically nothing 5

I would have paid the entry free for the little shimmy, run it to the box and perfect ball across the face of goal that Danny clapped as he let it go by. And that was far from his only decent contribution

GRANIT XHAKA Fans sung about Patrick Vieira, indicating that Xhaka is not the leader Arsenal need. Scored with a deflected strike 6

Utter utter *******s

Is this clickbait? Yanited fans were singing their ditty about Vieira, not us. And yes, Mesut had a decent game and some fine moments.

World's End Stella
05-08-2017, 02:41 PM

Utter utter *******s

I only saw the second half and thought Mesut looked much better than against Spurs and some of the other games he's had recently. Mesut needs movement around him, and too often we are static, especially when pressed i.e. Spurs and BM. So basically it's all Wenger's fault. :-)

That Xhaka rating is astonishing. It's not Cascarino again, is it?

Monty92
05-08-2017, 02:43 PM
Is this clickbait? Yanited fans were singing their ditty about Vieira, not us. And yes, Mesut had a decent game and some fine moments.

To be fair, we did respond with our own Vieira chant, but it was quite obviously nothing at all to do with Xaka.

Luis Anaconda
05-08-2017, 03:07 PM
I only saw the second half and thought Mesut looked much better than against Spurs and some of the other games he's had recently. Mesut needs movement around him, and too often we are static, especially when pressed i.e. Spurs and BM. So basically it's all Wenger's fault. :-)

That Xhaka rating is astonishing. It's not Cascarino again, is it?
A very fair assessment. Are you quite well?

It wasn't Cascarino - Gary Jacob, actually an Arsenal fan

Ash
05-08-2017, 03:13 PM
It wasn't Cascarino - Gary Jacob, actually an Arsenal fan

As in Arsenal 'fan' TV?